I know Sup Forums is mixed on the music, but you got to admit, the album cover is top tier

I know Sup Forums is mixed on the music, but you got to admit, the album cover is top tier

It annoys the shit out of me.

why

The cover is the worst part
Looks so cheesy

Not it isn't. Every frame is just a spin-off of other album covers. Guess it makes sense when Humanz is the least original or unique Gorillaz album.

>but you got to admit
no i don't u scrub

It's right at home in the uncanny valley. Cartoon characters don't look good with a skin material on them.

It's basically a shitty version of the Demon Days cover.

ur wrong and ur shit

Literally the worst part of it

The uncanny nature of it fits the music imo. The band kind of "strays" away from just being cartoon caricatures on it and tries depicting them as humans. It sticks out and I really like it. The actual supplemental artwork for this entire phase of Gorillaz has been some of the best work Jamie has ever done for the band. Noodle in particular looks great.

I still think self-titled has the best album cover for being so to the point. It tells you exactly what you need to know about it - a punk cartoon band by misfits of various walks of life. Demon Days' cover is legendary but as a cover itself it doesn't tell me much about it's music. Plastic Beach's cover, while pretty, was a let down for me and kind of when I realized the "fictional" side of Gorillaz was so much less of a focus. It's no surprise Hewlett wanted to quit the band after that album.

S/T > Humanz > Demon Days > Plastic Beach

Well, actually, I take it back - if we're not just talking strictly studio albums, G-Sides is the best.

>I bet that bait was tasty

It's making a reference to the beatles and themselves, but not in a cool Boris way, it takes itself waaay to seriously

nice user

thats the point............................

It's hard to say what is and isn't bait when there's a lot of Humanz apologists on this board. I'm not sure why, especially when Gorillaz was hated here post-PB, but Humanz really is the worst album in every way.

intentional?

>humanz > any gorillaz album

b8

idk just the first thing i thought of
maybe they swapped the bottom ones to avoid the trademark

do you know why the characters wanted to form a group?

it looks terrible though..........................................

Busty Noodle=best Noodle.

She changes breast size randomly it seems.

That's not even the order they appear on the actual cover. This one is some kind of edit. The Deluxe edition doesn't even use the background colors.

Maybe some people just like the album m8
It's okay to disagree. I feel like I've entered bizarro Sup Forums where Plastic Beach and The Fall are now being held up as pinnacles of the band and the medium when those albums were shat on endlessly when they came out. God knows how it's gonna be like when they come back with album 6.

>nobody ever even mentions Laika Come Home
why?

>posting the wrong album cover
But nah, I'm not a fan anyway. I like Noodle a lot, and Russel is pretty cool. 2D looks off though and Murdoc just looks downright awful, I can't believe that made it onto the official cover. I also don't understand what it is with Gorillaz and referencing the worst post-Rubber Soul album by The Beatles. To base two album covers off such a relatively weak album by its artists' standards is odd.

the non studio albums are trash, thats why

>he doesn't like D-Sides
>he doesn't like Laika Come Home
>he doesn't like the countless Kong Studio demos
pleb

All of you Haters can EAT DDDDIIIIIIKCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

>gorillaz fans totally aren't twelve year old girls

literally the reason i wont listen to it

I've always thought the album cover for Plastic Beach looked really nice

same. The deluxe editions also have great covers.

The cover art is gorgeous but I always thought it was better suited for the back of the album than the front. I wish they made a cover out of this or some of the other art. Jamie made so much stuff for Plastic Beach and it's the album that has the most "story" behind it but so much of it never got used.

>the bait is too powerful for these plebs

please don't tell me it's because of the beatles, it would ruin them for me

Not to copy The Beatles, if that's what you're implying.

Murdoc wanted to form a group because his dad forced him into humiliating showbiz and Murdoc decided to create a world famous band as a fuck you to him and to make cash

2-D was basically Murdoc's chew toy and he got bullied into playing for the band after Murdoc drove headfirst into him and gave him an eyeball fracture when raiding a music store. 2-D is just in it cause whatever, and in his weird way he thinks of the group as family.

Russel was kidnapped by Murdoc because Murdoc wanted a good drummer and he heard Russel was possessed by his dead hip hop friends giving him immeasurable music talent. Russel liked the material enough that he decided "fair enough".

Noodle was shipped to the band in a fed ex crate after they put out an advert for a guitarist. She's a brainwashed former child soldier who was part of some secret super soldier plan (and she was given musical talent as an unique trait) but was sent to England after the government decided to pull the plug and euthanize everyone involved. Noodle and Russel are both in it for the music.

Don't ask me how I remember this because the answer is probably autism.

I can verify this description, due to my autism kicking in.

That's pretty cool actually

just realized, people like the throwaway tracks, b sides, wow

/numu/ really is shit

because it is you Twat

obviously you ignorant disciple of fesces

I just think he put too many tracks in it. Other than most interludes, I would have kept out strobelite,momentz,carnival and maybe sex murder party. Some of the other tracks are actually really cool and on par with gorillaz' best (let me out, ascension,shes my collar)

>Take out Strobelite, Carnival, Momentz, Sex Murder Party
Why don't you act on your shit taste and delete them?

I think Strobelite and Momentz are a little too upbeat and fun for them to be left out, but even though I like the latter two I kind of agree they could have replaced them with any of the better tracks on the second disc.

every face on this cover art is a fair reaction to this autism