Effects of Doing the Choking Game?

Effects of Doing the Choking Game?

So yesterday my little brother started talking shit about how he's stronger than me, so we arm wrestled and I won. So then he said that his legs were stronger and to decide it we played a variant of the choking game. Rules were that the legs would squeeze the neck until the person tapped out (submitted), whoever taps out first loses and is therefore weaker (stupid I know).

So I did it first and my brother tapped out after 205 seconds (we would count out loud). When it was his turn to choke me, I wasn't worried as I am 18 years old, 6'0 and 140 pounds and he is 11 years old, 4'9 and 60 pounds. So it was to my surprise that when my brother counted to 10, I was already in a significant amount of pain. I knew that I wouldn't last to 205 seconds so I decided that I would wait until 20 seconds to tap out, out of pride. Before it reached 20 though, I passed out and my brother didn't notice and continued to squeeze.

He said that around the 200 second mark he noticed that I was shaking severely and so he let go. After that, I was out cold for about 10 minutes, my mouth was foaming and I had wet myself.

What was the shaking? Did I have some kind of seizure? I've read a lot about the dangerous side effects and I've had really intense headaches since the incident yesterday. Will this go away? My friend told me that sometimes people shake after getting knocked out and it's normal, so I didn't go to the doctor. Should I go? What are the effects of the game that I could have?

Also, the pic is of a previous fight between us where I tapped out, not related.

Could only bother to read the first few lines of your autistic screeching, but clearly if you could not express your underage beta dominance against your brother through arm wrestling, you will have to wrestle cocks.

your brother has superior technique.

Cut the blood flow off to the brains, and anybody will go down within 20 seconds.

Btw your brother will never see you as the alpha male big strong bro you want him to see you. Not after you wet yourself like a gay retard.

The post isn't about asserting dominance. It's about the effects of getting knocked out. Why even bother posting?

He has no training, I doubt he has better technique. And it was not my fault that it happened, it could have happened to anyone.

how are you 6'0 and only 140 pounds? both you and your bro are little pussy faggots

not only that but apparently you're both low IQ retarded white trash that won't hesitate to do something stupid as fuck

I hope you have permanent brain damage and never reproduce

That means he cut the bloodflow to your brain, don't worry about it.

If he is making you feel less manly just beat him a few times

We're skinny people, so what? We didn't plan on anyone getting knocked out and I'm going to go to University next year.

I don't think we'll be fighting or doing anything like that again any time soon to be honest. I don't care too much about looking less manly.

Well if you're really worried about the effects go talk to a doctor

Yeah, I might go to a gp tomorrow then. Does this sort of thing tend to be dangerous?

No not really, it might lead to brain damage but you/somone in your family would probably have noticed something by now if that were the case

Okay, thank you! That's a big relief.

You said yourself "anybody will go down in 20 seconds" so why are you pretending like it's some big embarrassing thing?

Holy shit you're gay.

Unfortunately in your case, the brain damage was clearly retroactive.

It's not that you passed out in 20, it's that he made it to 205. Clearly you're a huge pussy or something.

If it isn't about asserting dominance then why even include that first part you idiot

And since you didn't start shaking and shit right away I'm guessing it wasn't entirely cutoff, that usually happens after a few seconds after you pass out

Just shake it off fag

What matter of fagginess is this?

Yes. Permanent brain damage. Now fuck each other in the ass

I have more of an upper-body. My legs could use some improvement tbh, it's not ridiculously weak. It's probably bigger than his.

So what's that mean in terms of effects? Is that more or less dangerous?

the foaming at the mouth / twitching was the hypoxia affecting your brain. If he really counted to 200-odd, you're fairly lucky he didn't asphyxiate you.
Since you're recovered enough to post on Sup Forums, you'll be fine. Don't do that shit again, without someone who knows something about keeping you safe, you idiots.

Well, after about 4 minutes of no oxygen to the brain you'd be dead or irreversible retarded pretty much, unless you're a trained diver or something

You're saying that I could have died? What are the headaches about? Is that normal? Also, I threw up a couple of hours ago but forgot to mention. But that was just a result of the headaches.

Could 3 minutes of that do the same thing?

Lol what user? I'm 5'10 and I weigh 140lbs

You're 2 inches smaller, it's not like I'm towering above you.

It differs from person to person, but you're posting here and are alive, but you should probably check with a doctor asap just to be safe.

Alright, I'll head down to the doctors first thing tomorrow. Thanks man!

you have brain damage. just because you can type coherently on Sup Forums, dont mean shit. the brain is very complex, other areas are affected and you wont notice the defecits until you try to utilize them. i know this from experience, i got a bad concussion and was never the same after, although it took me 3 or 4 months to notice what had changed

>Attempts to regain masculinity by saying that his legs are "probably bigger" that the legs of someone weighing 60 pounds and is proud about it.

And you don't have upper body strength. No-one who weighs 140 pounds does.

strange bait so I will say good job.

When I woke up I was confused for a while, but that's the only defecit I've noticed so far along with the headaches. I'll head to a doctor tomorrow, how can you know for sure it's brain damage?

I wasn't attempting to regain masculinity. I said that my legs are pretty weak compared to my upper body. Grow up, man. Who cares about leg size anyway?

You should start caring about leg size. That's what made you wet yourself and give you brain damage. The whole post reaked of insecurity.

"I decided that I would wait till 20 seconds to tap out, out of pride"

So you realized that he was superior to you but couldn't accept it by tapping out and letting him know, and got knocked the fuck out for it. You brought this on yourself fag.

>Does this sort of thing tend to be dangerous?
If you mean the choking game in general, yes. Brain damage is common, and deaths occurs too. If an artery collapses, then stopping choking doesn't restore blood flow to the brain.

There are no quantitative studies, because it's not safe to do at all, so no lab studies could be performed. But just google "choking game deaths" and "choking game brain damage" to read about the incidents.

Minor stroke,
Have fun with your brain damage

At least show penis

1) I don't have brain damage, pretty much been confirmed here.
2) That does not make him superior at all, look up the definition you retard.

Lel, you're a fucking dumbass user, read op's post or don't bother posting at all

>You're saying that I could have died?

Yes. I almost wonder if you're trolling, because it's so obvious, but lots of people die from this.

>What are the headaches about? Is that normal?

"The headaches will be severe and will continue for a few days after the event. They will be located in the frontal lobe of the brain and will affect vision and reason."

>Also, I threw up a couple of hours ago but forgot to mention. But that was just a result of the headaches.

Common when a person has a stroke, which is also caused by disruption of bloodflow to the brain. Not sure if it's a sign of brain damage.

>Could 3 minutes of that do the same thing?

Presumably; people are different. Here's a clip from a website on the topic: "Playing the game in any form causes the permanent death of a large number of brain cells. Within 3 minutes without oxygen to the brain, a person will suffer noticeable brain damage. Between 4 and 5 minutes, a person will die."

Definition: "Higher in rank, status or quality".

So at what point did you have the higher rank? Was it in the picture when you tapped out in a fair fight? Or was it when he knocked you out and made you piss yourself?

You're the biggest bitch I've ever met.

>I don't have brain damage, pretty much been confirmed here.

Dude, maybe it's the effects of the oxygen deprivation, but that's stupid. This is Sup Forums, and you're talking to mostly unemployable retards.

You suffered brain damage, guaranteed, it's just a question of how profound the damage will be going forward. Without neuroimaging you're not going to get a detailed answer. A doctor can do some basic diagnostic tests. But without baseline testing, it's difficult to quantify the effects of the damage, the way a neurologist would do periodic tests on people with progressive neurological disorders like dementia. But if you've taken standardized tests like the SAT or ACT recently, retaking them might give you some idea. Some effects will be non-academic, however; like your reaction time will be slower, and you may have balance deficits.

I don't think the headaches are affecting my reason but I have felt faint some times today causing messed up vision.

It obviously wasn't a stroke, I would be in hospital right now if that was the case. I've had headaches in the past where I've thrown up from them.

Thanks for the info, sorry if I seem a little weird I'm just kind of surprised about the whole thing.

You're projecting, dude. I'm done responding to you.

How is it guarenteed? Except for the headaches I feel fine, I'm typing normally as well. I'll ask the doctor to refer me to someone who does baseline testing I guess. Are symptoms of brain damage typically immediate? What percentage are we talking about?

Your brother looks like he's only toying with you in the pic. You just got to accept your place as the beta before he gets bigger and does real damage to you.

>How is it guarenteed?
From the amount of time, it would just be inevitable. I'm not saying it's necessarily going to be noticable, like you lose brain cells whenever you get a concussion, or get blackout drunk, and there are people who play football or party hard for years, and the effects are only gradually noticeable. You lose brain cells normally, as well, which is why people get worse memory, reaction time, etc. as they get older. Damage you suffered could very well be too subtle to notice any specific effect. Hopefully it is.

You don't need baseline testing, I meant that someone with a degenerative disease would have that, so that you do an initial test (your baseline measurements), then periodic tests afterward to measure effects over time. You already had the effects, and shouldn't lose more brain cells going forward.

Symptoms would be fairly immediate. Percentage is unknowable, and there are lots of effects, since the brain is involved in so many things. Like if you have balance problems, it might not be noticeable until you engage in athletic activity like skateboarding or soccer/football. Maybe it will manifest in linguistic deficits, unable to think of a word, or less able to understand a metaphor. Maybe it will just affect concentration generally, so you'll be less able to focus on say a complex math problem. Or reaction time...you can really notice this if you play a video game regularly, and know how good you normally are, then play again after some damage.

>I have felt faint some times today causing messed up vision.

I'm not a doc, but perhaps the incident damaged some smaller blood vessels, so you're suffering ongoing oxygen deprivation. Things that temporarily lower blood pressure, like standing up after sitting/laying for a while, might have a more pronounced effect because of that. I'd guess the blood vessels will mostly heal, which is why the headaches would last a few days.

Thank you, you've been really helpful.

Yes, that makes sense. Hopefully that's all the symptoms then, I can deal with that.

>Thanks for the info, sorry if I seem a little weird I'm just kind of surprised about the whole thing.

Yeah, I'm an oldfag, and seen so many articles about kids dying from this over the years, with all the warnings about why not to do this, that it's hard for me to remember how younger people can be unaware of it. But it keeps happening, so obviously people *are* unaware of the risks, or think it's a rare risk.

I'd think the sooner you get to a doc the better, but I don't know for sure how much it matters. I know after a stroke, you want to get to a hospital asap, but I think that's to give medication to dilate blood vessels to increase blood flow, and blood thinner to prevent another clot that blocks blood flow. Perhaps this would be similar, where timeliness can matter, or maybe not, I really don't know.

There wasn't supposed to be any knock outs, it would have been an innocent game if I had submitted early. I think the people who do it to get knocked out are insane, it feels awful.

I guess people do it for the high, but it feels sort of like a helpless high; I didn't like the feeling and there's less dangerous drugs out there for that. Maybe people still do it because of the risks as well.

Will definitely go to the doctors tomorrow, but am very confident that I didn't suffer a stroke.