>island full of dinosaurs

>steal the fucking ape

Kong was unique

i bet there were other giant gorrilas of different age and size.

why even steal it, when you can kill it, claim its scull as your throne and feed all your crew with its meat?

The story is a metaphor for black slavery and not for the holocaust

But how? Surely there are other monkeys like him. He had to have had parents.

Why didn't Kong just eat Ann?

>eating ape meat
enjoy your Megaaids

There weren't.
Kong was the last.
That was the whole film.

Maybe he hatched from an egg.

Dead.

How do you know that? How did they know that? They never investigated or explored the island.

>movie just skips over the logistics of how they actually got Kong over to New York
Literally worse than the eagles plot hole in LotR

superior kaijukino coming soon

Monkeys can swim you know.

They did explore the island.
The giant ape bones everywhere.
Did you fall asleep?

By boat.

>scull

Would you eat your waifu?

Yes ;-)

I'd eat her out if you know what I mean.

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie, personally I love it.

If that means i would gain her cuteness and power I would desu.

I remember when I was about 4 I watched the original King Kong over and over with my grandma, it was the coolest shit ever
I miss her

i liked it. the ending surprisingly made me sad

I liked it.

I feel asleep 3 or 4 times while watching it.
I don't have a strong opinion on it, some scenes are cool some are not.

Which One?

10 year old me thought the bug pit was fucking horrifying.

The bug pit IS fucking horrifying.

This
i'm 21 years old and it had me spooked when i watched it a few weeks ago

That's like claiming humanity is extinct because you found an ossuary

Kong is the last of his kind. If you have a problem with that write a letter to WB or Legendary and bitch to them about it.

I think jackson's king kong is the most underrated movie of the last 20 years at least.

The entire Kong Habitat contained One Kong and countless bones of giant apes. The film establishes through Kong's behaviour, humans explaining, the prescence of the bones and the abscence of other Apes that Kong is the last of his kind. Regardless of you personally thinking it's silly, (even though logically there must have been one last member of ANY extinct species) that is the reality every single Kong film presents.

Mayebe Kong is just asshole and other apes don't like living near him?

No.
That's not even remotely hinted at in any version of Kong.

Did you even watch ANY Kong film...?

You'd actually sorta have a point, except a moving, living, breathing specimen is always better. Look at all of the rare species we've shrugged off as bullshit when a dead body was presented.

The skull would just be a sideshow presentation.

His meat would have fed the ship for a damn long time, though.

I might be the village idiot, but even I saw that it was heavily implied. Those island fuckers had been sacrificing to him for some time, and like the other user said there were tons of giant ape bones. Either there was some infighting between them, or they were just dying off and Kong was the last of his like.

The latter is what I figured, far more tragic and fits the story better.

>eagles plot hole in LotR
Why is this still a thing? I've seen it in fucking shows even, and people always talk about it on here.

Tolkien said himself that he didn't think of that at the time of writing, but the eagles would have still told them to fuck off. Every fucking time Gandalf called for them he was calling in a badass favor. Basically every time they helped, he was cashing in some serious brownie points.

ON TOP OF THAT... the entire fucking reason Gandalf let another hobbit be the ring bearer is because they really do have sneaky qualities. He fostered an entire goddamn war to distract Sauron to help them, so I doubt he didn't think hard about who should do it.

I think he means how did they get a massive ape pissed off waking up from a drug induced coma through the busy new York streets and how on earth did he fit in the building. I doubt they had a leash and walked him in.

because 1920's people didn't care about dinosaurs that much.

Something they are familiar with but 20x bigger would be a safer bet to capture the public's interest.

Fucking hated the fucking bloodworms.

>le le le le le
it's a plothole plain and simple
just like gandalf being as powerful as sauron yet he doesn't do crap and lets the others fight

Kong was an autist with poor social skills, he was probably the smallest ape there

What are you twelve. Film is shit mate.

> That scene where the actor swings in to the bugs nest

I have been tired as fuck (as in worked 12-16hr shifts for the last week and woke up after 2hr's sleep) when walking into movies, but the only movie I actually ever fell asleep in was Les Miserables or whatever that poor excuse for a musical was called. Woke up three times, and was happy to fall back asleep each time.

I've seen some shit shows, but that was the only one that put me right to sleep.

Fight me.

PS2 game is awesome tho, atleast the fps sections

Always thought this OP. Apes are around today, who cares about a big one? Dinosaurs win every fucking time, this movie was retarded. The only reason people like the original is for the dinosaurs anyway.

Great apes can't

What is this? The neon demon?

It was too long
nevertheless, still loved it :^)

the eagles only help for a badass favor

somehow destroying the ring that brings back Sauron, who eventually could murder those fucking birds isnt a badass favor

It's a bit long but I really loved it.

Just wish the boat ride was cut down a bit.

>EEEeeeesssssssss
>KKKKKAAAAAYYYYYyyyyyy
>youuu
>ELLLllllll
>EEEELLLLLLLL islandd

The scene of blondie mistaking the other dude for Brody and getting caught wearing the other chicks dress is Michael Scott level of uncomfortableness

the eagles wont come close Sauron while he was still alive when Sauron died then those cowards eagles accepted go save Frodo

It's just a flick don't take it too seriously

Actually a good argument, but as angelic as the birds are presented as I always kinda saw them as human.

Sort of like how the elves told everyone to fuck off and just started leaving.

As retarded as it may sound, I think the best example of my views of it is from Harry Potter. The Minister of Magic denies any danger despite years of evidence shoved in his face, and then gets buttfucked. That's how I see the attitude of the eagles.... Sorta a "who gives a fuck it ain't me" thing unless they actually owe you something. Gandalf calls them for help, but only at the very last second, and they really don't take him or his comrades far at all. They just kinda pick them up and drop them and are like "ok -1 credits."

i always had the impression that the council of elron was everyone gandalf could persuade to get together to help
the eagles just didn't show up and that's that

really makes you think...

btw 2005 King Kong was kino as fuck, you can't deny this

here's another thought though: the eagles are powerful and proud, what if they fell to the temptation of the ring? then you have a giant fucking invisible superpowered eagle raining death on everyone
there's a reason frodo and sam split up from everyone else

If every scene was cut by 30 seconds to 1 minute, it would be a much better film.

Each scene, in Peter Jackson fashion, is just slightly too long.

Also, Tolkein wrote the stories to show off the world that he had dreamed up. Had the eagles come, we wouldn't have seen the people, places or languages he had worked his whole life on. The Silmarillian gives another look at all this, but it was finished til after the man's death

How did they even fit him on that tinny?

dozens of crew memebers died and a ton of cargo was dumped overboard

The first half with the island is way too drawn out, once they get to New York it becomes legitimately good, though.

Elaborate.

____________;_;_____________

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGHMMMMMHMHHmhhmh"

The Eagles would have been tempted by the ring just the same. I doubt Gandalf trusted them.

Seeing it again, the only thing horrific was the CG.

Nigga the Eagles didn't want to get shot down.

Shut up

there are fucking giant ape skulls shown in the flick you stupid cunt

*tips fedora*

Bug pit scene made the movie

The guy who gets eaten alien is nasty as fuck.

I ment alive, not alien, what the fuck.

the cgi was awful, couldn't enjoy it

The real reason is that Sauron's lighthouse beam of red death would have messed with the eagles and made them easy for Nazgul to attack.

>the cgi was awful

For 2005? Don't be ridiculous