What are some other hidden gems only you know about?

what are some other hidden gems only you know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8wLm-BgGL8
youtube.com/watch?v=WUCnDLeyRLs
imdb.com/title/tt0123948/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
youtube.com/watch?v=qO_PqoL-Fzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

criminally underrated

Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds

youtube.com/watch?v=D8wLm-BgGL8

Mel Gibsons Apocalytpo

Neighboring Sounds.

It's stupid to say that only you know about it you know. But underappreciated yes

Some more based underappreciated movies:
Fail-Safe (1964) - a must watch, far superior than Dr. Strangelove
The Imposter
Dog Day Afternoon
Children of Men
The Conversation
In Bruges
The Hunt

PURE NORN IRON KINO LADS

youtube.com/watch?v=WUCnDLeyRLs

None of these are underappreciated and some of them are grossly underrated. Go shave.

Are you for real?
There were memes about Jesse James on here, we just stopped talking about it
Newfag

>only you know about?
>the Assassination of Jesse James

Are you new here?

it's the opposite, all of them are rated just fine but they are all mostly underappreciated

for example fail-safe has only 14K ratings on IMDb while Dr. Strangelove has 350K, just try to tell me that most people know about it

>Children of Men
>underappreciated

It's "appreciated" to the point of it being overrated to Hell and back.

Just re-watched this last night.

>In the 19th century, a bizarrely disfigured harpooner named Iguana Oberlus (Everett McGill), suffers abuse from peer sailors on board of a whaling vessel. One night he escapes and continues to live on a remote island of the Galápagos Islands. There, he proclaims himself the ruler of the island and declares war on humanity. Anyone who happens to find himself on the island faces the cruel tyranny of Iguana. He enslaves shipwrecked sailors, and Carmen (Maru Valdivielso) is forced to become his mistress.

Any film starring Brad Pitt is far from being hidden.

Upstream Color

I recently saw Fail-Safe. You may prefer it to Strangelove, but it is in no way superior to Kubrick's masterpiece.

>brexit
>fertility diseases (zika)
>allahu ackbar
>immigration crisis
>false flags and terrorism
Children of Men might be the best future predicting movie there is

>that epilogue scene

literally the best thing to come out of modern cinéma in the past 10 years

The Cure

Underrated as fuck and I'm surprised it isn't a cult classic.

imdb.com/title/tt0123948/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

makes me nostalgic

Deer Hunter

This film is NOT underrated. It is highly rated by just about everyone who watches it.

Lesser known =/= Underrated.

Never met anyone else who has seen this. I saw it late at night on SyFy I think (back when it was still Sci-Fi) and thought "By the people who did Blair Witch? This will hopefully be so bad it's good." Turns out it was actually just legitimately good. Includes some amazing gore effects in it as well.

Maybe not in technical terms and budget wise, but I think Fail-Safe tackled that subject with much more precision.
And brilliant direction of Lumet who pulls 110% from every actor on set. Focused on point dialogue. Perfect pacing and clean editing.

Dr. Strangelove is ofcourse great too, but doesn't have the same qualities I listed above for me. It felt like an episode from an old series to me, not a movie.

Invasion of the body snatchers

>64% on RT according to "top" critics
Are you sure it isn't underrated?

I wouldn't call a movie of 5 oscars underrated. Maybe kidz theez dayz don't appreciate it, but it sure as hell was appreciated back then.

No fucking way, I thought I was the only one on Sup Forums who has seen this film. Love it.

Threads

At least I have never heard anyone talk about this documentary. I'm sure Sup Forums would love it.

Yeah well old people like you don't matter anymore.

If OP thinks the assassination of jesse james is a lesser known movie then he won't know about Deer Hunter.

wut?

This is in no way a hidden gem. It is a highly-rated documentary with a Criterion release.

>64% on RT according to "top" critics
>according to "top" critics
>"top" critics

Leolo

The Return

The Decalogue

Oh. Soz.

if you like david fincher's grittier movies, especially se7en, or any dark thrillers like Prisoners or 8MM you should check this out.

It's about a rookie cop, played by Al Pacino, who is sent undercover inside the NY-underground S&M gay bars to find a serial killer who is targeting gay men.
Unfortunately it's a mostly forgotten film by now, apparantely Al Pacino doesn't like to talk about it, but the atmosphere and the visuals are really outstanding, you get a creepy feeling throughout the whole film.

Not to mention the god-tier soundtrack:
youtube.com/watch?v=qO_PqoL-Fzc

Fight scenes are streams of pure, continuous kino.

I was intrigued until I heard your "god tier" soundtrack.

If it's like that throughout then no thanks.

I rarely see O Lucky Man! discussed, even though it's much better than If...
As for really hidden movies, Little Wars (1982).

the soundtrack doesn't really define it, this is the only song that sounds rockabilly-ish... the rest is mostly new vave and punk stuff that was playing in the bars at that time...

ITT critically acclaimed films

a western with Kevin Costner, where there are two family fighting eachother .. don't know the title

>hidden gem
>highly popular film

normies get out

Legit kino.

Which one? 1956 or 1978?
There's also Body Snatchers (1993) and The Invasion (2007)

>ron pearl man
I had to fucking look twice at that picture

78. rest are shit

I thought 56 was okay

Caught it on Netflix once. Wasn't bad.

Shit I saw that film as a kid with my dad, shit was cash.

only if you're a pleb