Greenhouse guy here

Greenhouse guy here
Ama

WHERE'S THE WEEEED

Not legal in my state yet.

Have you ever considered growing weed?

Why are they called greenhouses? They aren't green, and they aren't houses.

Oh yeah. As soon as it hits my state rec or mmj, im all in

Its a house for greenery

what are you currently growing ?

Are you a botanist? If so, was it hard to get license/degree in and what's the best part about being one?

Spring/summer landscaping, or house palnts. Also veggies.

I am not.

What kind of education did you need and how much do you make.

What are you growing?

I grew up in this buisness, my high school had a great ag. Class. A few local collage classes for hydroponics, etc.
I make enough to cover my over head and turn a nice profit. Its not a get ritch quick type of deal.

Veggies, house plants, landscaping plants. All that

What kind of people do you hire for workers, do they need much education or as long as they're not idiots?

Beautiful by the way.

I hire almost anyone.. within reason.
Its hard, hot work so the hippsters always quit after a week. (Have fun fucking with them). Really most of what you need to know comes from on the job training.

Is your house really green?

worst part about working in a green house?

How do you fuck with them?

What is the primary purpose? Keep pests away?

First, what are you growing?

Second, how much was your green house? Make/model? Where did you get it?

Third, how much does it cost you to grow what you grow, and how much money do you make before paying the bills?

List some advice for someone who wants to start growing commercially. I want to grow whatever sells and sells high. But I know nothing about weed.

Heavy lifting, do the tedious work. They always bitch about pesticide use, so ill tell em ill donate their check to what ever cause they want.

Awesome.

Ive actually just applied to do horticulture in college, im gonna try get to the top of the field. Whats the hardest thing of the trade?

Uh. Public droolies, fernace fuck ups that can kill half your crop. ( I have slept here many nights because of power outages etc) water line breaks pests. This goes on

Have you ever grown garlic commercially? If so, any recommendation?

The green house has been in the family for 40 years. This makes my 6th year running it.

Honestly just do research in to what sales in your area. You can order rare hot peppers grow and sale pods to idiots for 10 a pop . Start small experiment keep circulation in your grow houses got take a job in the field first.

Make timestamp with plants.

Or just HI.

No you moron i meant WITH the plants.

As in arrange them to say hi.

Best i got right now this 2mb. Limit is sshit

Cook. Do you think I should advance myself in the trade?

If you like the trade, yes. If you dont want to best ass,then no

I've done research, and they all seem more expensive then they should be. I price out my own cold frame metals and pay for someone to bend them and come to a figure less than an 1/8th the cost of commercial cold frames. Not understanding why their is such a huge mark up.

As for locally, I've tried volunteering at some local grower farms but they always have you running box duty or some shit. Never doing anything inside the greenhouses. So I've stopped.

I do love the trade.

What advice would you give someone just getting into it?

Thats actually how my father did it as he built them. You are better off buying and bending on your own.

Start small dont order more than you can actualy grow. In winter isulate any water pipe you have