ITT: Bands who quit when they should have

ITT: Bands who quit when they should have

But Marr went so downhill, he needed Morrissey.

Niggas knew they could never top this and dipped out

Every day I'm thankful for this. Can you imagine The Beatles doing 70s Christopher Cross-inspired soft rock?
or The Beatles covering fucking New Wave?
I'm secretly glad The Beatles broke up, so they could go out on a high note.

joy division

too early

best band of the 80s and only made 2 records

The Velvet Underground

Fuck slint. Worst album on this board.

swans stopped at just the right time and then came back and runed the'yre career

"the'yre" means 'the your' and it implicates possession of a noun such as "career" by a third party, while being said in a personal voice and mood. that's not a typo.

That explanation was worse than their comeback

>tfw you realize Tweez is a better album overall
>tfw you realize Spiderland only has a few really great moments across the album
>tfw you realize the band members went on to be in a shit ton of other really great bands that you can easily find and listen to and not worry about them ever 'topping' their most critically acclaimed album
>tfw you find other math rock bands to listen to

You mean bands that got disbanded right after their peak? Unwound comes to mind first.

obv b8 but w/e, you still made me
chuckle

>Tweez is a better album overall

How can someone be this contrarian

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of the phenomenon known as "first post best post", or "FPBP" for short. In this Sup Forums trope, the first reply to a question or prompt put by the Original Poster, or OP, is not something that everyone would necessarily immediately come up with on their own. But once confronted with it, everyone realizes that the reply given is true, appropriate, and /the best possible example of an answer to the OP's question or rhetoricla prompt/, all at once.

Also Big Black.

I dunno, I think they had one more good album in them. As it is, they have quite the enviable discography.

They hated each other though. I'd have loved another album too but they were better off on separate paths ultimately.

Honestly, The Smiths could have made at least one more great album. Morrissey's Bona Drag and Viva Hate are really good and would have only improved with Marr's help. I guess it was better that they didn't chance it and ended anyways.

I agree, if they didn't they would've got a case of the 80s and really hit their lowest point

nah ceremony and in a lonely place is among their best work they should have made a third album before splitting up

Wow you're really triggered user

Should have quit after the second or third album senpai.

the second half of synchronicity is pop perfection so i can't agree with you

While they're my favorite band, I have to agree with this. They also mentioned in the box set book that they have absolutely no plans of a reunion because of Vern's alcoholism and shit

Neutral Milk Hotel

Good answer

BOTCH

>dicked around for five years after spike island before putting out a sophomore flop that disappointed literally everyone