Ok germans on Sup Forums i need your help. I might be quite fucked and i am a little scared right now...

Ok germans on Sup Forums i need your help. I might be quite fucked and i am a little scared right now. So prettymuch what happend is, i own a vpn server in germany. One of my clients torrented on accident, the client is located in the Netherlands. On a scale of 1/im losing 2k eur, how fucked am i?

i guess no love for me :^C

youre fucked bro

I suck with computers. Give some fugees and you`re good

Turn in your customer to the bolis. Problems -w-e-r-e-n-'-t- were someone else's.

I might be able to deflect the claim towards the client but the law firm that might send me a cease and desist will not like that.

Explain what this means to me, an intellectual

how is that your responsibility, in pretty much every country ISPs or server owners cannot be held responsible for the activities of their users

Well i hire the internet connection. So all the traffic that goes through it is my responsibility. German laws are especially bad about pirating though. Thats why i need a kraut to tell me how fucked i am :S

>owning a vpn server

yeah that went very well with the americans who got fucked by poland's activity here

TL;DR i rent an internet access point in germany, one of my clients downloads illigaly, german law might be able to fuck me over, need a german to tell me how fucked i am

go to Sup Forums

Nobody contacted you and you're already pissing yourself ?

There is no German law that prohibits torrenting. Companies usually hire attorneys which are regularly checking public trackers for seeders of copyrighted content. Even if you get caught and fined (bribed), you can always sign an Unterlassungserklärung in which you state that you'll never do it again and you're absolutely fine without paying a single cent.

thanks so much, you are saving my nights sleep

I'm glad this thread ended ok

Why would they care about one torrent when they focus on seeders or heavy downloaders ?

Yep. Believe it or not, i'd rather be informed when i get a letter in the mail that threatens me with a 2k euro 'bribe'

germany has alot of law firms hired to go for the downloaders, just for profit. they stack damages like crazy. i have heard lots of horror story's from it

Nice explanation

absolutely fucking fucked
i once stayed in a hostel in germany and they fined everyone 800 euro for downloading The Avengers

>you can always sign an Unterlassungserklärung in which you state that you'll never do it again and you're absolutely fine without paying a single cent.

Wrong.
You have to sign it AND pay.

Just fuck with them. I did the same when Gf torrented some shit.
Just told them to fuck off because quite a few people use my wifi and even so I did everything I could to identify who was the evil criminal I could do nothing. Cost me quite a few letters, but haven't payed anything.

Not Germany, video and music companies.

>Wrong.
>You have to sign it AND pay.
My brother and another person I know were caught once and neither of them had to pay after signing this form.

Hm, sounds like i might not be as fucked as i tought i was, thanks for the input krauts.

It is germany you dumb cunt, you can literally download the entire hollywood library here but as soon as I download one thing in Germany there is a fucking fbi crack down. Fuck your country and fuck everything there, don't even bother replying because I won't read. Goodnight, dumb german cunt.