Writes the chillest music that's ever been recorded

>Writes the chillest music that's ever been recorded
>Charming, goofy personality
>Not some rich kid pretending to be poor, actually has a working class background
>Only wants to promote chill vibes and being laid back
>Sup Forums hates him

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGq98pXYNA8&list=PLIjqRbAQP0WJgbaY-Nbcns8Sq4ewUotOR
youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=RsOcq3IpWD8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE
youtube.com/watch?v=6UeQLO43a2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cynicism

tumblr likes him and he's a faggo who smokes ciggies
jangle pop is an outdated genre anyhow

because he got popular? we used to like him a long ass time ago.

mu dug him up until salad days when calling him goofy was spammed for like a month by some rdditors who didnt like his fanbase

Because of his fanbase

I like his music, but I hate his fans. Pretty much what happened to Tyler is happening to him, his shitty fanbase is ruining everything.

i hate his fans
including your candy ass

>inb4 everything sounds the same

you know, i almost wrote an argument against this, but honestly pretty much every mac demarco fan i know isnt self-aware enough to calm their Epic Quirkiness so i'll give this one to yall

> Not his boring ass music

i didn't know he smoked, now I like him

i am in my 30's

this is why

>Just look at this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=BGq98pXYNA8&list=PLIjqRbAQP0WJgbaY-Nbcns8Sq4ewUotOR

kek

>>Not some rich kid pretending to be poor, actually has a working class background
i'll never get why this is a bonus for ppl?
some ppl are going 2 be born rich and may not like the environment
have empathy

Sup Forums is jealous of him desu

he seems like a normal understated guy. what makes him so "goofy"?

ppl ppl PPL PPL SRSLY im srsly pee pole

the rich don't deserve empathy if they won't give anyone else any

This is america/canada right?

The "alternative" american Youth is so fucking braindead

idk probably his talent to entertain

Fuck you pig

Your wealth WILL be seized and redistribute to the people

Sup Forums doesn't hate him, just a vocal segment. This happens to literally every artist after attaining popularity. Before Salad Days, nobody hated him, but now that he's big, contrarian shitposters feel the need to announce their musical superiority by screaming at the mere mention of Mac Demarco.

Like, for fuck's sake, people, we're all anonymous here. You don't have to prove yourself, and if you genuinely don't like him, just fuck off to another thread.

>Not smoking cigarettes
Are you some kind of corporate cuck?

it's refreshing. rock music is watered down, safe rich kid shit for a long time. feels like 90 percent of rock bands are god damn college kids whose parents pay their rent role playing as rebels and poets

stop smoking cigarettes

succeeding in the entertainment industry means you're accepting donations

you're not morally accountable because people want to give you their money

Hehe, funny how all these idiotic indie kids will all die from chain smoking cigs all the time

wronge! goofball and gamecube posting came in many months before Salad Days LP

i was responding to the 'ppl r born rich' guy

bro his biggest song

youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4

At least his career should double up as an anti-smoking campaign when he croaks for the last time.

people seem to literally just hate him because a few tumblr kids like him

his music is good, and he's a good guy, nice enough, and he's brought back a style of music that hasn't been attempted much since the 1970s, which is refreshing

he's the only traditional rock artist i can even think of right now that isn't metal or postgrunge or buttrock or numale indie shit a la the strokes besides ariel pink

>falling for the anti smoking meme
Wow

>>Not sure if no homo or santa claus or pappi's knee or what.

name some artists or bands with semi big to big fan bases that aren't cancerous.

his music is not interesting and relies heavily on nostalgia. being chill is not necessarily a good quality, it's just descriptive of the sound. and his fans are annoying.

The big cities here in Canada are really bad and full of this bullshit, but much of the country doesn't really follow much of anything and is still full of hockeyfucks and shit, especially Atlantic Canada.

kate bush

weird al yankovic

you've never been bothered by one in your life

%99 people dont understand it though

ween

Because he's a fucking grown ass man who likes to wave his dick around on stage in front of 15 year old girls passing it off as "oh its ok its just le goofy man being goofy XD"

It's because of the number of young adults here wanting to be above irony but

I view mac haters as high school show offs

Modest Mouse

I used to dislike him because he was a goodball xD!!!11

Then I disliked him because he's like Tarantino in that he just copies foreign stuff that he likes, in Mac's case lots of awesome Jap stuff, but normies don't realize it or care and act like he came up with everything originally.

Then I didn't like him because every fucking """indie"""" teen started dressing just like him, and they all acted like they weren't specifically trying to emulate him, which is such a lie.

Then, now, after listening to his newer stuff, specifically the old man song, I've come to actually feel for him a little bit. You might even say I've come around to Mac.

>drumstick boy

I don't hate him you eel head, I just think his music is boring

This guy doesn't come from a fucking working class background.

>smoking even though you know it will kill you

Wew

>Charming, goofy personality

t. trust fund baby

I like him more than I like his songs, you know? His songs are good but it gets boring fast. But Mac is everything I wanted to be as a human. Chill, calm, happy (at least he seems being happy), self love, extroverted.

I'm a miserable fuck so I envy him.

pretty likable dude

They'll love him again when he dies and joins the 27 club this year

teenagers emulating their favorite artists??? this is fucking madness!
this has never happened before in history!

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!

doubt it. smoking in a subway wouldn't be allowed

STAGNATION IS DEATH

youtube.com/watch?v=RsOcq3IpWD8

I wanna go back to when I found this and wasn't a salty bitter 4channer. Just enjoying the entertainment of the show and Pete's jazziness on the Rickenbacker and not knowing what it would all become. I used to play Mario Kart 64 on my computer while blasting Ode to Viceroy and just chilling out and taking a break from university work back then.

I just want to go back to those days generally. Those were my salad days, 2013-14 area. I'm shit now.

Wrong

Dude Pete plays a dan electro in that vod

Nigger you ever been to New York lmao

yes. that shit is way too clean and empty for nyc

The working class despises the middle and upper classes.

From a working class point of view, the middle and upper classes have a much easier lifestyle, a much smoother upbringing, their problems are 'trivial' compared to what the working class go through. Then some of the middle and upper class deliberately wear shitty clothing, and behave like working class as a fashion statement. You know, the working class struggle and the clothes they wear are all they can afford and they behave the way they do due to their upbringing, it's shitty for it to be trivialized by someone who 'doesn't know struggle.'

That was my point of view as an angsty working class teenager anyway. The music industry is disgustingly middle and upperclass though. There's no real working class heroes anymore.

Shit you're right Pete never even had a rick it was always a dan electro

his dgaf fashion is still a choice, clearly. also to be middle class in vancouver you have to basically wealthy. shitty houses cost like 2.5 million

because he relies on gimmicks
>inb4 "he's good at guitar!!!!"
sure maybe he's technically skilled but it doesn't make up for the lack of creativity and diversity in his music

Vice media in music form - soulless, trendy, gimmicky, lacking depth or interest

I'm sure hes a lovely guy but he's waaaay overrated

>lack of creativity and diversity in his music
LOL listen to his new album and weep

This is to all the kids in my town that dress like Mac DeMarco:

I see through you. I SEE how empty you are. Every time you flick one of your shitty Eastern-European brand cigarettes onto my doorstep, I think to myself: what led humanity to this point, and how are all these kids wearing vintage baseball caps and windbreakers going to defend themselves when the race wars break out? You're breaking my heart here, boys.

These are the kinds of kids that go to their local music venues to talk during the opening acts, and their friend groups consist of one female to every seven males. Whoever dresses and acts like Mac DeMarco the most gets their dick sucked.

I think we should round up these kids and send them all to a farm, where they can frolick free away from society, preventing them from RUINING the gene pool. They'll get a free copy of the newest Mac DeMarco album and a loaded pistol, for when they feel they've overstayed their welcome.

>chill vibes
that's why, you fucking plebeian. swear to god if one more nu-male faggot tries to show me some "chill music to vibe out to bruh" i'm gonna shoot up a mall

this x 100

Little mac demarco clones are fucking everywhere like the plague

I swear he's a shill for big tobacco

it's his worst yet dumbass

you mad

it's a copypasta

>he's new and interesting because he has a repetitive drum machine and replaced his vibrato pedal on some songs with an acoustic guitar

What is some of the Japanese stuff he apes? I'd like to give it a listen

People hate him because they don't like his music
It doesn't fit their taste
He's also pretentious as fuck

It sounds like he was late to the vaporwave meme

This Old Dog isn't very good

It's easy listening with very little redeemable qualities. Same overused song structure and awful lyrics

Yeah I don't get it either. Mac is a nice guy though I want a hug from him.

yeah you need to go back someplace alright

Don't forget that he also goes to high school parties that his underage groupies invite him to, and ends up filming his greasy ass friend jacking off on a couch

>Living Even though you know you will die

>not smoking because you want to live
wew

If I ever see this retard in Detroit I'm gonna punch him square in his faggot bucktoothed face.
Fuck this guy.

Cause cigarette companies aren't corporations
>wewlad

is this a copy pasta??

Shit! Mac fights user who would win??

wtf are you projecting about

i love his music and have no feelings of "nostalgia" with it

how is he pretentious

They taste disgusting and make you smell bad

nothing scarier than stagnating.

Because he's repetitive, but i like him so idc

also
>Not some rich kid pretending to be poor, actually has a working class background
not relevant in terms of the quality of his music

chambers of reflection
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE

This

I don't know. Does Sup Forums like The Knife:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UeQLO43a2Y

BTFO

Everyone else