What is the best hip-hop album of all time?

What is the best hip-hop album of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q87e6zNRJ3s
youtu.be/XWvUHeYf6WQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there's no such thing.

That's like asking who is the smartest retard of the special ed class.

The answer to that question is definitely not OP.

illmatic

There is no best but my top 3 are Liquid Swords or People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm and 2001. Theyre not my favorite but I acknowledge their importance in hip hop.

both solid answers. This is the one I always come back to tho. I never get tired of it.

Bazooka Tooth II

Stankonia

this is not even the best trap album my nibba

There's a Bazooka Tooth II? Wtf.

Also, no, this is better.

>tfw solid answer but u know Aquemini is the better album

ATLiens

This

liquid swords is probably a close second for me

stop shilling this album OP, no one gives a shit about your 40 year old dumb ass

JUST TWO DOPE BOYZ IN A CADILLAC

Why does no one show love for Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik ?

one of these

ikr, everyone talks about Aquemini and ATLiens, but I feel like Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is up there with them.

This
A personal favorite

Players Ball, Call of Da wild, and Hootie Hoo are diamonds.

i can't decide between Supreme Clientele and Soul Food.
but it's one of those.

Cell therapy is probably the best use of a piano in hip hop. Plus this album didnt use any samples, everything was made in the dungeon.

This, Follow the Leader, or Whut thee Album are personal favorites of mine.

>tfw haven't listened to this before
Liquid Swords is just sitting on the shelf over here.
When should I listen to it and what should I expect?

Jenny Death and I'm ot joking.

at night, preferably when it's cold out, on something with good bass.

Or at the very least deserves to be in the top 20

Any black people ITT?

The best is subjective.

>what should I expect?
a great album with some obnoxiously long intros

Just fucking listen to it you retard. Christ almighty.

Honestly, this is probably the right answer.

That's no way to talk to Jesus.

The only one I don't like is that stupid

>DON ROGRIGEZ, DO YOU KNOW A DON ROGRIGEZ
cause it's at least a minute long, but all the kung-fu ones are tight.

>The best is subjective
no fucking shit

The Unseen is without a doubt my favorite hip hop album. Madlib is the greatest hip hop musician

black people don't actually listen to good hiphop, you'd know this if you had black friends

They are fine, but after listening to the album dozens of times they get pretty old

Lots of hip-hop has the same problem

Enter the 36 Chambers still is the goat Wu-Tang album, so no.

Liquid Swords is probably the best solo record though. Do people like Tical? I never see talk for any of the other solo projects members did right after 36 Chambers.

this one

Hmm. Interesting.

The girl's monologue at the beginning always gets me hyped for the album.

these are all in my top 10

well how can we truly have a disscussion if time and space hasn't ceased to exist? More albums will come so until then we can't have a proper debate.

what about this

I'm mostly an old head, my main favorite are The Roots, OutKast, Nas, Kool G Rap, Ice Cube, De La Soul, Del The Funky Homosapien, etc.

But this album is Hip Hop at its' creative peak, everything a good Hip Hop album should be is what TPAB is.

Prove me wrong shitlords.

Don't really like 2Pac that much even, only other albums of his I'd say are above 7/10s are Don Killuminati and 2Pacalypse Now.

But this album is fucking flawless and still holds up today.

these are all in my top 20

this album is racist as fuck

How exactly?

It's basically just telling black people to get their shit together or else the problems they face today will just keep getting worse.

You want racist Rap music? Look up X Clan, they make actual kill-whitey-black power-hail-malcolm-x tier music

I feel like it lacks focus.

its a "kill whitey ooga booga we wuz kangz" album

That sounds more interesting than a frustrated crying black kid yelling at every white person because of the police and talking to god like he's jesus.

this brother knows

This is the highest achievement of hip hop, 10/10 in all categories

People never take it seriously in discussion because it's such Sup Forumscore, but it is legitimately a perfect album. Not many other hip hop albums you can listen to over and over again and not find a flaw.

fpbp

[spoiler]Music can't be objectively ranked, and anyone who thinks it can is autistic[/spoiler]

this is up there for me

The real autists are the faggots that immediately spout irrelevant objective memes at people for standing behind their opinions in a discussion.

This holds a special place purely for getting me into hiphop.

the aural adventure is timeless but the subject matter will forever be stuck in the 2010s

>pointless silly jazz/funk revival for no other reason than liking jazz and funk
>timeless
cmon dude

oh no one listens to 50 year old jazz records I forgot

It was fresh 60 years ago, and a lot better than Thundercat lmao. Kendrick is just writing a love note to jazz, he's not doing anything that innovative with it. Do you not see the difference?

I wasn't even talking about the musical content, I was referring to the sonics, fuck off user

We don't need another dickrider with nothing to say. I really wish these threads would stop turning into this every single time and you fuckers would get quarantined.

Of course. For real, for real!

>those 7 albums are in my TOP10!
>those 7 albums are in my TOP20!

Why don't you share with us the rest 6 too?

90's hip hop is kind of garbage if you look at it musically. Outkast is the exception.

>young thug
>good in any form

Illmatic no contest.

you must be shitting me
36 chambers? the infamous? the chronic? liquid swords? tupac? biggie? slim shady? death certificate?

where do you see this? i really dont understand why people think this.

Anything made by Death Grips

its a meme

a meme that's been beaten to the ground so many times yet Sup Forums-Sup Forums-crossover posters keep trying to dig it's lifeless meme body back up

it's just Sup Forums leaking over again.

i really wish that board was fucking gone. its use as a """containment""" board is barely evident.

if it was gone you would just blame something else

Don't have a favorite, and I still need to listen to more, but recently I've been in love with Eyedea. Hard to say whether I like this or E&A as a whole the most. First Born and By The Throat also have fantastic songs.

>greatest hip hop musician
that's a cool way of posing it and I totally agree Madlib wins that specific title

I seriously don't understand how you can read his lyrics and not feel like he's talking shit to white people, and I'm not even white.

>Liquid Swords and 36 Chambers mentioned
>No mention of pic related
You bunch of plebs.

what specifically does he say though? i've yet to see someone give an example thats racist in the context of the song. blacker the berry is the only one that i could see somebody taking that way, but if you come away thinking that song is racist against whites you missed the point by a mile.

You can understand the point of the pretty easy to understand song and still understand that he was shitting on all white people to get to that point, and the point doesn't undo any of that at all.

yeah just like the rest of Sup Forums

Cuban Linx

so if the point of the song was that white people played a role in black americans being in the position theyre in today, but black people also have personal responsibility for their actions and need to focus on that, you consider that shitting on white people? idk man seems like youre just being sensitive at that point.

Definitely Top 10 hip hop albums, one of my favorites.
Illmatic isn't even one of my favorites and I'd have to say it's the best.

Heyo

>reword carefully selected lyrics
>don't understand how people interpret it differently
Maybe other people are reading the actual lyrics?

ding ding such a great album

This album was the turning point in my life. I was never the same.

Pic related or

Doggystyle

The instrumentals are 10/10 but whenever Kendrick opens his mouth I have to shut off the song. I don't know what it is. I loved S80 and GKMC. It's also way too preachy.

youtu.be/Q87e6zNRJ3s
youtu.be/XWvUHeYf6WQ

It's powerful stuff, but I also find myself simply impressed at the fact he wrote so many of his songs at a young age (well, he died at 28, which is still young unfortunately).

Best solo Wu Tang Album coming through...

Also Marshall Mathers LP is the best hip-hop album of all time /thread