So I watched this with my boyfriend today. I don't get it why didn't he just surrender? All those men died for nothing

So I watched this with my boyfriend today. I don't get it why didn't he just surrender? All those men died for nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2RoYIpgFo9E
youtube.com/watch?v=JY15TitA-Is
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>all those men
only 300 men

not sure if serious...

youtube.com/watch?v=2RoYIpgFo9E

P E R S I A
E
R
S
I
A

Despite being so obvious i find the bait funny

They fought what is now called a delaying action. They held the pass to allow the other greeks to get their shit together and get ready. Did it work? If I recall Xerxes still sacked Athens, so probably not so much.

Life is short glory is eternal

you didn't watch the sequel, did you?

>with my boyfriend
faget

you missed the joke

They were commanded by the laws of Sparta to defend their lands. There is no other reason needed.
>Go tell the Spartans, passerby: That here, by Spartan law, we lie.

This one must be complicated for a not native english speaker. Mind to explain?

why isn't that absinthe spilling everywhere

Joke is that OP is female and therefore doesn't understand the inherent need to resist foreign invaders

Leonidas I didn't surrender in the actual Battle of Thermopylae so would he surrender in the film

the real joke is that Spartans LITERALLY invented and practice cockldary. Nowadays people who worship Spartans use cockoldary as an insult

The joke is that OP is sort of referencing the ''Films only men get''-meme, by roleplaying as a girl that is ignorant or non-understanding of the motives that make the Spartans sacrifice themself: Honor, Loyalty, Bravery, Courage, dying for a cause.

Yeah, that's what I meant

>Honor, Loyalty, Bravery, Courage, dying for a cause
Nice spooks, nerd

No they use cuck as an insult, as in the guy getting cucked, the spartans would be doing the cucking. Cucking is admirable, being cucked is not.

>only Spartans were fighting.

In the movies yes it was only spartans

> Did it work? If I recall Xerxes still sacked Athens, so probably not so much
The Persians did sack Athens, but they were subsequently defeated at Salamis and Plataea and driven out of Greece. The war was a failure for Xerxes in almost every way except for the symbolic aspect of burning Athens.

Plus without the persians sacking greece we never would have gotten the parthenon and such

No they weren't retard

Bruh at thermopolye it was only the damn spartans in the movie. In the real event there were others.

akadians were there

is 300 manlycore pure Zackino?

So I just watched this with my husband... Any other ladies think it was dumb? My husband was crying near the end. I got so booorrreddd I played candy crush till I fell asleep lol

Ugh, like, I KNOW right? My phone battery was dying, but thankfully this snoozefest ended before my game did. Like, how far did you get?

They were like 15000 Greek warriors in that battle, the 300 Spartans were the generals and commanders, they didn't fought alone like the memetic myth is trying to make you believe,

Also this movie is much better than Hack's adaptation of another Hack's comic-book

Why didn't they show the battle?

Stop being such a prentious contrarian.

youtube.com/watch?v=JY15TitA-Is

>Its old .. Uh I mean classic... It must be good

Faggot

Holy shit, I totally forgot there was a sequel.

And the Persians dipshit

The 300 Spartans was kinda meh, but the comic book guy was influenced by this movie as a child and he made the comic because of it.

>films that women will never get

Bump

Honest trailers explains the whole thing pretty well

But the 300 against a million with added superior position is pretty cool for a movie

So I'm about to watch this with my boyfriend Tyrone today. What are we in for?

THIS

HONOUR
SPARTANS ARE BETTER THAN YOU

CIA I'm BLACKED

its her STAND hability

You don't get to bring cucks

Its not a meme though. Women have a hard time understanding those concepts.

Imagine if he had surrended. Where you would be right now? You would be a slave, with your face covered, like in Iraq.

So I watched this with my boyfriend today. I don't get it why he just let the other guy shoot him? He could have easily escaped.