S/fur thread

>s/fur thread

where the "s" stands for SCIENCE!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ic7StOMRBOU
rabb.it/r/9tojfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S stands for SUCC

What does everyone think of the idea of transfer of consciousness? Like some sort of "Build-a-Body," be it mechanical or organic.

I don't think its possible. I believe that the consciousness is a result of the physiological and chemical make up of your nervous system

For scientific purposes only.
Of course.

What about transplanting your brain into a custom body?

I think once people open up the the idea of cloning humans, the transferring of one's consciousness will be possible. You could sort of download their memories or something and put them in the clone. In a way, you could achieve immortality I suppose

some studies in the field of psychology would suggest otherwise.
this is one example but an interesting one:
there is a region in the brain for comprehending image object shape, and anther for object color, but none for combining the two pieces of information. So how do we know the objects shape and color simultaneously?

So it is probably not feasible.

That is a feasibility, but then it's just transferring you and not body-swapping or any of that stuff.

I think that by transferring the illusion of one's own conscious, the original person dies and in their place is a discount and convincing copy that thinks it is them.

i lied I'm still here but gonna play a game before bed. One more day till I take some time off.

I have difficult in thinking of myself as anything beyond my physical form. Sure perhaps n AI could mimic by thought process perfectly, but I would never consider that "me". I consider an organic component with my brain intact to be requisite to any supposed idea of immortality. So these stupid programs that keep your social media accounts active after your dead and the things that will inevitability arise from them are dumb.

If your so scared about dying Do something about it, or do something with what you been given

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

I would like to read your research notes then

Didn't think about that. I think it could be theoretically possible.

cloning and transferring a consciousness isn't exactly the same thing so having the former doesn't automatically open up the option of the latter.

I feel like a huge bummer now thinking of reasons all these things wouldn't work. Maybe that's why I never liked science fiction. It could never suspend my disbelief

death is a necessary part of life, as it causes one to raise important questions and enjoy life. Life becomes boring if you live it forever.

But how can you say that for sure? No one's ever been immortal.

They were just thoughts. Maybe some time in the future we can find a way to completely transfer a consciousness to another body.

But for now, I'm gonna need more gifs and webms if anyone has them. I'll post some more too.

Y'all talk about this like we don't still have at least 200 years of religious sorts suppressing it, and by then they'll be beaming ads and propaganda into your subconscious and you'll be too mindfucked to think for yourself anyway.

it might become boring, how can you say for sure with out any evidence? In the end it will be strength of mind and natural curiosity that dictates that I wager.

wait, are we talking about a nutrient cycle? IF so them yes we need things to die.

Sure thing.

Life is full of both evil and good.
It is a blessing to experience it, but to have too much of it for too long just leads to a feeling of emptiness.
That plus if there is an afterlife, then you will forever be separated from God, which is not worth it.

I feel like it may be possible to upload one's consciousness into a machine somewhere in the future.

Nobody says you can't leave when you want to. You just get to be the one making that decision.

Thank you kind soul

Anyone have that discord link?

now gifs I can do

if we're lucky religious restrictions will die when the last of the baby boomers die. I'm so tired of the disproportionate number of old people in government

I'm confused an tired.
I'm going now anons.
It was nice to visit this thread after so long.
b'bye

Jesus Christ why are you so desperate to speak with a bunch of autistic furfags?

Bye.

when the old ones now die other old ones will take their places, you don't like it vote them out

Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Source?

we don't even know what consciousness is or where it resides in the human (if it even does).
we might just end up uploading a very convincing copy of them that lacks consciousness.

goodnight, user. I hope you decided to get off, for yiff is a gift unto us all

oi

You want irl furries? Robots are the closest, cheapest, most feasible and customizable solution.
Programmable consciousness, simulated tissues, and easy to acquire. The physical technology is mostly here, but the simulated conscious AI is some years off. Give it some time and put some money into it, and they will be real.

I just want to be able to share with other people and see what they have. I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as I'm posting

Hello.

HI winter. How has your day been?

>Programmable consciousness
No one knows what conciousness is, how it exists, where it exists, or why it exists.
To assume AI would be conscious is foolhardy, at best.

Pretty dull. Was snowed in all day. How about you?

source:
youtube.com/watch?v=ic7StOMRBOU

is that such a bad thing? Lots of wind and a slow day at work.

kk now i go.
see you guys.

I've been trying. The other old people who won't die outnumber me though and keep voting them back in!

have no idea

Oi lad, how ya fare?

Simulated conscious. It can be done. It isn't reasonable to perfectly mirror the neural process of thought that humans go through. This is unique to every human, anyway. To develop a character with changing, evolving thought is the goal.

that is not consciousness though.
that is personality, but not consciousness.

If you can't define consciousness, how do you know it exists?

Pretty good Mr. T How about you?

that's a pretty good song for a shitpost. I'm gonna have to check them out now.

We philosophical now

Not bad. Nice 3's.
Just thought I'd engage in some interesting conversation before hitting the sack.

rabb.it/r/9tojfc

If you are aware of your own existence then you are conscious. The problem is we cannot be sure other people are conscious and that i or you are the only conscious being in existence.
Consciousness is only felt by the person experiencing it.
Therefore we will never know when robots become conscious, if they ever do.

all science is rooted in philosophy of some sort.

It's nice talking to and meeting you. Any requests?

This is actually pretty good.

Just becasue something cannot be defined does not mean it does not exist.

More stuff like that

it is.
Fever the Ghost is a great band.
I wish they would get more exposure though.

can do user.

I just think the whole idea of human consciousness and the awareness of our own existence isn't unique to humans, and is explainable. We just like to think our higher order of thought isn't explainable like, say, animal instinct. Our quest for understanding is driven by our instinct to stand out in a social group, which is an instinct of early primates.

Where does everyone get their gifs and webms from? And tags I should be using on e621 or whatever?

Also still looking for that discord :)

This go all Empiricism on yo ass if it aint a posteriori it aint right amirite

version without text exist?

Alright, I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight, s/fur.

That is not the case though.
Many scientifically minded (religious background and not) have attempted to find its existence, and there exists no region in the brain nor any physical and objective methods to measure it.

I don't think understanding being an evolutinoary mechanism works too well either, as working in groups and collectivism is how humans survived this long. If you have ever been in a school alos, you would notice that standing out is a taboo and worth shit.

Look up your favorite kinks and check out the tags on the sidebar for other ways to find things you like. I get a lot of my shit from e621, yiffy.cz and tumblr. I don't really collect webms or gifs so I can't help you there.

Goodnight. Thanks for contributions

in addition, individualism is evolutionary disadvantageous.

If an AI ever comes along that demands it's intelligence be treated as consciousness, would it then gain Natural Rights?

A lot of my kinks only had a few posts that weren't futa or plain garbage sadly. They aren't even that far out honestly.

bitch u aint chained up there cuse I a faggot, now spread tho ass cheeks bae

If we are not stupid or insincere when we say that the good or ill of man lies within his own will, and that all beside is nothing to us, why are we still troubled?

If it was anything like in Kaiba, then I'd be glad to switch memories and fuck the shit out of myself but that's about it for me. I would be insanely scared that everyone I knew was an impostor.

good point

they've got at least my attention now

consciousness can mean something different to any person you ask and no scientific definition exists in the way we're talking about it as far as I'm aware

Anyway I should be out for the night. I leave the new thread responsibility to you guys. Thanks for the dumb talks, they were fun. Made s/fur good for something other than just spank material

no. because it will not know pain nor emotion. It will have a single purpose and will go to all lengths to fullfill it and become fulfilled.
If humans knew what their purpose was, they would go to all lengths to fullfill it. Nazis thought it was ethnic purity, stalin thought it was to improve the communist regime, serial killers for multiple reasons.

>If you have ever been in a school alos, you would notice that standing out is a taboo and worth shit.
I disagree. Every cool kid I remember from my school days stood out in some way or another from everybody else. Either being better, smarter, stronger or prettier in some way gave them attention. Whether this attention was good or bad is up to the viewer, but they sure got laid a lot more than I did.

could you apply the "ship of thesus" paradox to theoretically to move consciousness from one vessel to another?

oh my god
too many gifs
they're all so good

Night user, sleep well!

Pain is relative, so how do we define pain that isn't ours?
Also don't humans have a single purpose (to reproduce) that we reach by fulfilling many other tiny purposes? Would AI's also fulfill this purpose in a similar fashion, by making it the ultimate goal supported by smaller goals?

Interesting. I guess it depends if you physically copy brain cells. If not, than I wouldn't think the ship of thesius paradox would matter to neural pathways.

I like the 70s funk vibe but the singer is very generic like your average 201x indie band, i cant place the name at the moment but his voice is very close to another band I have a CD or two of

Does anyone else plan out their funerals an stuff. Like I have a running playlist of song I want played after I die to remember me by. I only ask because I was talking to a friend of mine about it and I had never considered the possibility of not planning events in your life out.

it might, in the matter of the "formal cause" of an object, ie the design of the brain when the neural pathways are built.

Even as the Sun doth not wait for prayers and incantations to rise, but shines forth and is welcomed by all: so thou also wait not for clapping of hands and shouts and praise to do thy duty; nay, do good of thine own accord, and thou wilt be loved like the Sun.

I have an audio recording of myself playing a piano tune of my own creation, with instructions to be played only at my funeral and then destroyed immediately thereafter. Sort of a final song, almost from beyond the grave, for people to remember me by.

The idea actually came to me when I was at a funeral.

No, if im dead, i'm past the point of caring about anything, leave my body to rot in a ditch idgaf.