How did he write such chilling lyrics?

How did he write such chilling lyrics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xqpv9APE3MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by being clinically depressed

When will this meme stop? You don't just become super talented by being fucked in the head. Most depressed people don't do shit but lie in bed all day wallowing in their misery.

All the best lyricists are fucked in the head. That's what makes them good, conveying imagery from different perspectives.

>Most

MOTHER I TRIED PLEASE BELIEVE ME

It's easier to write depressive lyrics when you yourself are depressed.

Do you think Deathconsciousness would have been half as good had Dan been married and happy?

he didn't

t. nu-male

I think if you are in your head all the time, and think of the big picture, you can transpire moods and feelings into words.

People who are depressed tend to be more internal and introspective, have alot of shame and regret, but are able to convey those emotions better than lets say Ariana Grande.

I read that is why Elliott Smith was such a good lyricist, is because friends said he was always in his head, thinking too much

quite the sick lad

yo shut the fuck up I have clinical depression and communicating your feelings is very difficult when you're always tired, can't focus on anything but how much you hate yourself, and think everything you come up with shit.

I'm depressed and can't write for shit therefore no one can

I didn't claim writing depressive lyrics when you're depressed is just EASY, but it's easier to write melancholia when you're in an oppressive state of mind and actually understand it.

If you're an incredibly upbeat and happy person trying to write existential dread, everyone is going to see through it.

>tfw can't write for shit

don't know how lyricists do it, constantly coming up with different themes, stories and observations to write about

That's why you've gotta develop an unhealthy addiction to stimulants

Deathblablabla is a 6/10 at best tho.

He didnt

This. Fuck people who romanticize mental illness.

i have no idea, i just tried to write a song about my loneliness once and got crazy chills/asmr on my spine, scalp and cheeks. spooked me good, will never do again

he wrote it all in the freezer of a butcher shop

He wrote poetry in his spare time and was very well read. He owned a plastic folder containing numerous poems that he had written which he selected to become songs. The process of making a Joy Division song was for Hook to create a bass-line after which Morris would create a drum beat and Sumner would play a guitar riff, once that was done Curtis chose either a poem or one of many lyric sheets he wrote beforehand depending on whether it fit the sound.

Its not romanticizing mental illness. The OP asked why the lyrics were so chilling and the answer is that Ian Curtis was very tormented due to his depression and epilepsy.

This in no way implies that you need to be mentally ill to write good lyrics, but it answers the OP's question.

all those things are symptoms of clinical depression you dumbass piece of shit.

>the pleb filter works

Because he actually sat down and was trying to write , he would sit in his writing room for many days writing , and he consumed a lot of literature.

>I did this, but now associate smoking meth with gay sex. Can't go back to either one without wanting the other.

What have I done.

That album sucks though

typical cishet white male

youtube.com/watch?v=Xqpv9APE3MM