Imagine being Australian

Imagine being Australian

My internet is worse than what most Australians have desu.

>Imagine
It could be better, but it's fine for some casual shitposting during smoke breaks
It's retarded that it measures in Mbit/s

>tfw had internet like this in 2008
Quite painful experience 2bh

Memes aside why does Australia ((first world)) have slow internet still?

gimme the test link

What is the website?

because our country is as big as continental USA but has a smaller population than tokyo

speedtest.net

life is suffering

That's no fucking excuse; a good 99.99% of us live along the coast were we have high population density.
The real reason why our Internet is shit is thanks to decades of government allowing Telstra to run a monopoly, then later being in bed with them. Who do you think is on the board of the NBN commission? Fucking telecom CEOs who have been responsible for holding our infrastructure back and milking us for every cent.
Doesn't help when these people are being kept in government thanks heavily due to the cancerous old boomer cunts who have been feed over the years how much of a waste of money upgrading our telecommunications technology and infrastructure is.

Why are your uploads so abysmal

our internet is perfectly fine, boo hoo it takes 20 minutes to download a movie instead of 1 minute, we can stream tv and movies from netflix perfectly fine and I live in the middle of nowhere

Fucking bell copper

hmmm

Come home, Aussie man

>our internet is perfectly fine
FUCKING NECK YOURSELF YOU CANCEROUS PIECE OF SHIT.
WE ARE LOSING HUNDREDS OF SMALL BUSINESS GOING OVERSEAS EVERY FUCKING YEAR THANKS TO HOW POOR IT IS. IT IMPACT BUSINESS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. THAT'S MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EVERY YEAR WHICH IS NOT GOING TOWARDS SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
You have no fucking clue how much I would love to curb stop every faggot like you who is actively holding back this country with this cancerous attitude.

>we can stream tv and movies from netflix perfectly fine and I live in the middle of nowhere
No, WE cannot. In fact the majority of Australia cannot do that.
See: all you fucking care about is your own lot in life, fuck everyone else. Well you know what, fuck you. You cancerous fucking piece of shit.
You disgust me.

why is your UL speed better than your DL speed :/

i'm not sure, i used to have a steady 20-25 DL but it's been shit for months now

Excellent post

No real need for uploading shit, and because Telstra

I can watch youtube videos just fine, with no buffering.
[spoiler]in anything under 240p[/spoiler]

I paid $42.30 for this speed in Brazil, 60% is tax

Holy shit

try reseting your router if you havent already done so

How long does it take for you to upload an image

Why don't you move to Chile or Uruguay?

typically a few seconds if only a few KB
anything over a few MB and I can go get a coffee, and by the time I come back from drinking it, it'll be almost done

It's not that bad, though

let me test

took me 30 seconds to upload this

Most of my images are a couple mb and they tke literally 0.5 seconds

you're a dumb cunt, I work for one of the largest hosting providers in aus, any small business can afford a single server on amazon aws and its fast from anywhere in australia

:^)

Honestly better than mine.

If your not packed like sardines in town you only have two options in the states, slow as shit or expensive as shit.

>faster than 91% of NZ
you're not going to fool me, Kev

lmao who cares when I'm the one on top?

took me a little over a minute to upload this where I live, you only have 2 options, slow as fuck, or slow as fuck and expensive as fuck

kiwi's on top, aussies on the bottom?

;)

Yeah if I lived in the middle of a CBD, I'd have fast internet too.

We're muscle bottoms that love twink tops (NZ)

Testing how long it takes me to upload this

That still puts me under 9% of the popuation, and has a countrywide average of ~20mb/s

0.8 seconds

cunt

slow cunt

Could be worse like before NBN.

>took you nearly 2 minutes to upload

lmao

So, this is true...

50mb/50mb here

Where the fuck do you live? That's like small village in the middle of the jungle-tier.

Fast by your shit standards you filthy gook.

>NBN will only give you 15 more Mbps
The worst part is that there's a testra optic fiber line 5 meters from my front door, and I they still give me shit internet.

UK best ping

Hey man its cute though

>xing

Nothing to do with me, I'm 95% anglo.

>xing
>crossing
>implying we're full chink yet

what's the name of this site?

speedtest.net

how bad is this?

i personally think its fine 2bh

>155.31 Mbps
My download speed is about 1000th of that around 100-200 Kbps.

If you want slow internet, try living a rural place.

>tfw faster than some people with the NBN despite not having it

had this speed since 2010, just on coax.

Still horseshit by international standards

USA no longer has any room to talk shit about internet speed.

Nice IP

leave kentucky alone

only if you give me some OG KFC

Feels bad man.

how

die

Hybrid fibre coaxial.
:^)

endmylife
(that's a middle net for italy)

benis

>geelong

why the FUCK would they spend the money in a shithole where no one lives instead of giving it to melbourne

Well actually I live in Ballarat which is even more of a shithole, but it connected to the Geelong server.
In the 90's, a local company rolled out cable for TV and internet, was then bought out by Transact and then bought out by iiNet.
So I've had this connection since 1996 but only got this speed when I upgraded the modem to DOCSIS 3.1.

I pay $10/mo for this and people say it's too expensive.

Zimbabwe in Japan

>tfw faster internet on my phone than some of these posters

I paid 5$ for this speed.

>tfw your senpai pays 10 times that for this

your internet's 100 bucks?

Not him but mine is
I'm meant to be on a 100 mbps plan but I've seen it go over 50 mbps approximately twice ever

$30 and I have 2 other companies around here trying to steal me from my current ISP.

Feels good man.

Yes. Fucking telstra are the jews final form

fuggg... i thought you guys were paying like $50 for that speed

imagine being swedish

>when ur internet is so fast u can see ur comments ur currently writing already posted, warping the space-time continuum and u gotta hit "abort" all the time

kill me
on another note NBN is being built in my area, so that'll probably help

Summer Christmas

I have 25mbps with an option on 100 and there is no noticeable difference between what I have now and when I had 10mbps

after you hit about 9-10mbps only ping matters unless you're torrenting a dozen movies simultaneously

cold seafood at my grandparent's house in the late afternoon as it begins to cool down on christmas day la