Im in a german fraternity wich does academic fencing with sharp rapiers and no helmets, ask me anything! pic related

Im in a german fraternity wich does academic fencing with sharp rapiers and no helmets, ask me anything! pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L2m2H6DiLEI
youtu.be/SW8a-FcI10g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hängt du buxe

mensur is for fags

looks like heaps of fun. that actually isnt sarcasm.

it is! gives you a nice adrenaline kick!

hema fag in US, can confirm swords are awesome. what sort of fight system are you using, and who supplies the semi-sharps?

i dont know what hema is, but we are fecing with rapiers and the hitbox is only the head. you are not allowed to mive anything but your arm, even when hit, ore you get disqualified. (sorry for bad english)

you can see a match in this music video:

youtu.be/L2m2H6DiLEI

Hurr durr

wow that shit is seriously fucking gay.
shits for fags

dont think you would have the balls to do it...

Do you have any schmisse?

looks lazy compared to traditional fencing, but im sure there is more to it than just swinging the sword around violently

schämt ihr euch nicht in völkisch versifften saufgemeinschaften zu sein, die eine schande für das studententum vergangener tage darstellen?

yes, one small on my forehead and a bigger one on top of my head

ganz und garnicht, wieso denkst du dass wir eine schande für das studententum vergangener tage sind? begründe das doch bitte...

this is literally the gayest shit ive see all day.

Probleme mit der Antifa? farbentragend? Corps oder Landsmannschaft? Seit ihr hart am trinken?

Das ist doch alles so schwul

that's fucking epic.

I'm brazilian but my family is originally from Austria.
I wish I could've experienced this kind of shit.. here is only negros and soccer

Ja das sind Wir.

Haha. Nazis. Kek

Jesus Christ dude, I would not get my face slashed like that for anything of the world.

Fencing can be cool. This shit is fucking stupid.

in unserer stadt gibt es fast keine probleme mit der antifa. wir sind farbentragend und ein corps. was das trinken angeht würde ich sagen trinken wir mehr als der durchschnittsstudent aber weniger als der durchschnittliche verbindungsstudent

Fucking Germans.. what is it with you guys.. fucking genius engineers.. organised productive hard working people.. but you're like the English.. you all have these weird kinks, seriously have a good German beer and Netflix.

Actually they came here before WWI.. they were just poor af.

There are many places here in southern Brazil where ppl still speak german on a daily basis.

But yea, some nazis actually lived the rest of their lives here.
Mengele was one of them.

Mensur is the way it is because people often died.

By being seated they can still duel like proper men and not kill eachother.

It was an aristocratic sport and is never food for a country to have their elite kill eachother while half drunk.

I once read a story about a guy who worked at a butchery.
All the guy there used to test the sharpness of their cleavers by seeing if they can cut their arm hairs.

One guy accidentally skinned his whole forearm, passed out, and had to go to the hospital.
He ended up with an infection and they had to amputate his arm.

You remind me of those idiots.
You think you're so cool for doing some dumb shit, I hope you get an infection and die painfully over the course of a few weeks.

just look at these fags

gay thread detected

Fencing is a great sport. I was the fittest I've ever been when I was training for it, and my coach had some amazing skills. He showed us how to use an umbrella to block somebody's punch, trap their arm and break it in this crazy ass, split second combo move... Wish I'd stuck with it.

This just seems stupid though OP. Does everyone in the fraternity have facial scaring? What do you get out of it that's worth getting your face all fucked up?

the blade gets disinfected everey few hits and there are always 2 doctors with us.

>schmisse
I never knew the Germans had a specific word for 'dueling scar'.

You crazy Germany.

a lot of the members of the nearly 300 academic fecing fraternitys in europe have these scars. you can see a lot of people in high positions with fencing scars, espacially 50-100 years ago, cause at that time you had to be in a fencing fraternity to get to this positions.

today its a lot about hard training and then at the end of the semester you have to be responsible for what you did at the training wich we do 5 times a week.

Lass dich nicht vom Fuxmajor erwischen kleiner Fux sonst musst du wieder Achtkant pressen mit anschließendem Strahlpabsten adh

Otto Skorzeny

Fucking legend

noch ein korpo anwesend?

Still seems like a bunch of archaic bullshit that only insecure pussies needing to prove their masculinity would participate in, but each to their own.

>using rapiers

So, basically disfiguring yourself and not even using the right blades...

Way to go.

so this is just a club that generates any cliched, German villain with some badass facial scar?

My group of friends used to do this shit with my buddies dulled sword collection while we were fucked on booze and painkillers...

Man those were good time suntil my little brothers jaw got broke from the curling broom that was picked up after a foil snapped...

Sooo stupid but sooo fun.

Hope you get a cool and not totally disfiguring scar from all the fun!

Wäre ich gerade adh würde ich eine Telefonstafette anbieten aber es sind leider Semesterferien

You're fucking retarded but you're only hurting yourselves so whatever cool. Have fun bro. What's the closest you've come to getting seriously or permanently injured?

ive never seen that anybody got seriously injured, and permanently are only the scars, sometimes someone loses an ear, but you can fix that too.

Any skill involved in this?
From the music video it looks more like a disciplined act of tradition of sorts.

I mean if the goal truly was to hit the other contestant in the face you wouldn't, in such a predictable manner, swing the rapier from one side to the other repeatedly.

yes, answer this OP

there are different hits you learn and you are allowed more from match to match, but if you do a hit witch is not allowed or just do what ever you want you get disqualified. also you have to move your arm constantly and are not allowd to "wait for the right moment". and yes, it is about hitting the face of the oponend.

welcher bund?

What part of Germany is your shitty fraternity? What are your thoughts on Stuttgart?

Who's arm did he break to show you?

you could go to chile there are a few Burschenschaften who also do fencing ;)

So consistently swinging from one side to the other is part of the rule set?
Two hits in a row on the same side would be a disqualify ?

Why do all these motherfucks look so happy after just getting stabbed in the face?

cause its a great feeling to do it

I guess because they either won, or lost, with honor.

ein corps in bayern, mehr sage ich nicht

in bavaria
i dont know, never been to stuttgart

fresse sonst kommt hesse

ist auch klüger dann grüße aus dem schönen bonn vielleicht sieht man sich ja mal auf nem M-Tag

I dont like Stuttgart that much why would you go there?

die legende darf nicht sterben, sei teil des hesse movements

no, every round of the match you have 4 hits untill there is a small break of a few seconds to desinfect the blade. you can do every hit you want, but after your hit you have to swing back and immediately do the next hit, so the blade never stands still

Bonn? auch ein corps? da haben wir ein verhältnis... ;-)

??????

Kein westfale sorry grüße nach Würzburg

alles nur nazis hier aus nazi stätten....gruss aus der reichshauptstadt

youtu.be/SW8a-FcI10g

jo warum realisiert ihr eigentlich nicht, dass euch jeder andere auf dem Campus hasst? Seid ihr so eingebildet oder einfach nur gezwungen durch eure Brüder so zu agieren? Hatte mal Praktikum mit einem zusammen, war die Hölle..

und wieso sollten uns alle hassen? habe genug freunde an der uni die nicht in verbindungen sind und oft zu veranstaltungen von uns kommen oder wir gehen ganz normal mit denen feiern... sowohl männer als auch frauen

Ich finde es echt gut das ihr die Tradition aufrecht erhaltet.
Kaum etwas ist an unseren Unis so missverstanden wie Burschenschaften. Deswegen weitermachen!

"Wenn alle untreu werden, so bleiben wir doch treu.."

wurzburg uni ?

deswegen. Ihr seid alles arrogante, von papi finanzierte und in den arsch gefickte, nazionalistisch und ausschließlich egozentrisch denkende spassten. Das einzig für euch wirklich wichtige ist die verbindung. Habe in bayern studiert und dort ebenfalls sehr viele leute kennen gelernt. Die aus schlagenden verbindungen sind alle wie oben beschrieben, ohne ausnahme.

was auch oft missverstanden wird ist der unterschied zwischen den verbindungen... corps =\= burschenschaft

aber danke

ja genau

missverstanden?
Eher Fackelmärsche und elitäre Abschottung machen euch zu dem was alle über euch denken: Spassten

fuckin preach

Ich finanziere mich ausschließlich von bafög und nebenjobs (wie die meisten meiner corpsbrüder) und nationalistisch sind wir auch nicht, haben viele mitglieder aus der ganzen welt (china, afrika, osteuropa, südamerika) sowie schwule und jüdische mitglieder. du sprichst vielleicht von burschenschaften?

erst informieren und dann urteilen ist mein tipp, du scheinst hier der mit den vorurteilen gegenüber anderen zu sein

>fraternity
die übersetzung dafür ist burschenschaft.

auch fackelmärsche finden bei uns nicht statt und elitäre abschottung erst recht nicht, würde man sich mal ohne vorurteile mit den leuten unterhalten würde man sehen das jeder immer zu jeder feier gern wilkimmen ist und dass es unter uns genauso verschiede typen mensch gibt wie in jedem anderen freundeskreis, verein oder sonstwas

Ist es etwa unsere schuld das sie und ihre Familie so erbärmlich arm sind das sie sich dazu genötigt fühlen uns anzufeinden. Hochnotpoinlich sonst nichts!

ist es nicht...

Das ist genau die klischeehafte Beschreibung für Korporation, die man jedes mal hört

Es ist uns ziemlich egal was sie über uns denken.

what's that word they're repeating at the end?

>nurk-is-sht-sssss

nichts nichts nichts

its "nichts" and means "nothing"

nein natürlich nicht. Sorry habe genug von euch gesehen, quasi jede fb seite zeigt wies bei euch läuft. Natürlich international, multikulturell und auf keinen fall elitär. Ganz ehrlich leute ihr kotzt wirklich alle anderen mit diesem gehaber nur an

weil ich zeit habe imoment, werd ich ehrenamtlich bei der tafel lebensmittel einsammeln....wer mekert und hatet der darf das wenn er was tut...is für mein karma konto

oh come on don't give me that "nothing" bullshit

what does it mean?

auch mal selbst auf nem haus gewesen und sich mit den leuten unterhalten? wohl eher nicht...

Alle anderen = Sie ? Keiner hat sie gezwungen im besetzten Haus einzuziehen sie hätten auch zu uns Adh kommen können, dann säßen sie jetzt bei einer guten Flasche Schampus vor dem Kamin als ihrem erbärmlichen Leben bei Sup Forums Luft zu machen.

hab anfang der 90s in berlin häuser mit besetzt, aber die linke scene is dreck...alles stinkende vergammelte arbeitlose penner...

doch, sogar mal ne fechtausrüstung angehabt und mit den leuten gesoffen, warn trotzdem idioten, freibier war aber toll.

wer leute auf dem 4kanal siezt ist hier auf jeden fall falsch aufgehoben.

ihr seht alle gleich aus und denkt alle gleich

WIR SIND ALLE INDIVIDUELL
(und nicht von papi finanziert dass wir fürs nichts tun nen krank überbezahlten job bekommen)

keiner von euch hat mir bisher nen vernünftigen grund gegeben euch nicht zu hassen.

Ach und btw, ich hasse Linke Zecken ebenfalls, da sind wir uns doch zumindest mal einig

alle wohl abgezogen um sich am kamin nen hirschbraten zu gönnen?

Kanne du Kacker!

nur dumme menschen hassen. ich verachte warum sollte ich meine Energie verschwenden um sie vom Gegenteil zu überzeugen?
Nein der Koch kommt erst um 4 wieder

Is ja am Ende eigentlich auch Wurst, wichtig ist das morgen die Sonne aufgeht und der öttimann kommt

Man muss nicht immer nur von Hass gegen andere sprechen, sondern kann auch mal seine Mitmenschen hin nehmen wie sie sind, so funktioniert nun mal eine Gesellschaft
Mich persönlich würde interessieren was für Leute sie mögen bevor man sich hier weiter im Kreise dreht

Können wir den Scheiß hier nicht einfach auf tramizu bequatschen? Gibt ja Alternativen zu dem versifften Imageboard hier.

Ebenfalls: jemand im Süden und Bock auf ne Kiste oder paar Kannen?