I'm downloading Final Fantasy XIII. I never played any FF before...

I'm downloading Final Fantasy XIII. I never played any FF before. I only played a weeaboo rpg when I was a kid (Legend of Legaia).

What should I expect?

Walking down a hall and a feeling if disgust.

13 is the worst of them all rip you

Uninstall for your own saftey.
Please just play I-X and pretend the others don't exist.

Play ff9 and ff7 if you can handle the retro graphics.

Speaking as a long-time FF fan and all-around weaboo:

Don't.

It is fucking terrible. It is as if someone took all the good and interesting components of FFX, stripped them away and left a nerfed pile of dog shit behind.

FFXIII was the first FF I just stopped playing, just walked out of the proverbial theatre. I even pre-ordered the Japanese version just so I could play it in the original moonspeak, too.

It's that bad, it's a bimbo: pretty as hell, and utterly without interest or substance.

Give it a miss, you'll thank me.

Imo, XV is a lot better than XII.

I was so fucking burned by XIII, I have even tried XV yet. That's how fucking bad XIII is.

I liked the story of it, or at least the first installment. They started to derail on the second part and I didn't play the third one yet, maybe never will.

the game really is just a thin single path that you can't get lost on or tread from. The open world section is small and you don't get there till the very end of the game. Also it's impossible to earn money easily to buy stuff and upgrade weapon. Like there's no describing how terrible the money situation is. This game will make you never wonder why every monster in every rpg drops money when they shouldn't have it ever again.

Why did you pick the the objectively worst possible FF game?

Unlike the majority here, I enjoyed it.

Played XIII-2 first as it came with my console, I was a little disappointed with the third installment, but still gave it a fair shot.

I agree with most people that it's not exactly the greatest of the entire FF series, but as I said, I still enjoyed it.

Give it a fair shot, I've played worse FF games.

>I've played worse FF games
Lying sack of shit.

rotate your party out often to keep everyone around the same level.

Use high level characters to lower enemy hp, and then switch them out for low level characters to let them gain the xp.

They're easy and each sequel gets slightly better, have fun.

FF XIII is almost the worst final fantasy ever (XII was the worst). Expect cpy/pasta ennemy and a corridor. Best FF are VII/VIII/IX, but if you like fancy graphics FFX is fine.

12 was better than 13.

XII has no story, no characters. I don't fucking understand why I had to go from A to B, and not even the vilain is clearly evil/define. How can you do worst ?

>No story
Nigger, please. The lives of those in the wake of a failed war struggling to survive and getting wrapped up in a larger and ultimately ground shifting uprising to put an end to the ancient evil being that intended to essentially destroy all of mankind? It had plenty of plot twists and fun in the storyline. Sure, it was a bit more mature than most of the other FF stories but it wasn't bad by a long shot.

Most people were just turned off with the gambit system as it was the first one to really break away from the turn-based combat of the prior games (excluding 11).

We don't talk about 11.

Just started playing the FFXIV mmo. Its really good so far imo. U can get a 2 week trial. And the Base game with free 30 days for Just 10 euros on steam. Really recommend it

It has one of the best battle systems in RPG history buried underneath a shit story and 90% linear game

We're talking about 13. You literally press one button for 99% of the game.

>AUTO
>AUTO
>AUTO
>AUTO
>SWITCH PARADIGM
>AUTO
>AUTO
>THROW DISC OUT WINDOW

You obviously either never played it and is buying into the meme, or 3 starred the difficult missions

The star system punishes cheesing, stagger encourages constant shift in classes. This is a game that rewards skill. You can beat high level enemies without leveling skills.

Nah, see He knows whats up.

Buddy of mine nicknamed it "Hallway Simulator 13". It's 95% linear but still kinda fun if you only enjoy grinding

XIII is literally the worst out of the whole series, start with 7 and just go up from there

>Buddy of mine nicknamed it "Hallway Simulator 13".
You mean fucking everyone?
Stop pretending you have friends.

If you're not enjoying college life in VIII what the fuck are you even doing???
>not wanting to suck Cloud's dikk

For start with the one that should have been aborted. Try XV, VII, VIII, IX, or X.

Tactics was the best one by far. Don't listen to these bastards. Though, i honestly hope you got that game for free...hallwaysssss

Tactics is a spinoff.
No one gives a fuck about spinoffs.
Fuck off from this thread.

What about FF XV. Should I get it for my PS4?

same here man, i was so excited for XIII it left a scar

Its a fun game, not amazing, far from bad, but fun game.

Too much farm

X-2 was the biggest pile of shit to ever come from FF. Certified Grade A shit. Followed closely by those dumb ass online iterations. And XII was so forgettable, I don't even remember half the characters names.

That doesn't excuse the XIII trilogy's mistakes. But I would hardly say it's one of the worst. The first one was pretty decent, but they went downhill from there and I played about 2 hours of LR:FFXIII and haven't finished it yet, because better games got released. But I'd still be willing to bet it'd be better than the other piles of shit listed above.

Not, actually. It's how I actually feel about the series.

Play 7 8 9 10.
Avoid the rest

XV has been pretty good so far. Granted, I'm not very far into it, but it seems very open. I've been playing for several hours and gotten minimal story completion.

I played it. It's not awful, but you could do a lot worse.

If you want Final Fantasy, play 6 or its developmental cousin Chrono Trigger.

If you want a good PS3 animuRPG, play Valkyria Chronicles.

The feeling of rolling down a hill, It starts off good, but as you soon find out, you are only 10% of the way down the hill and find that in order to enjoy the rest of the ride, you have to force yourself to continue rolling, losing all interest. but because you're already dedicated to it, you find the ride dull and boring, until you get to the end where you say, Im finally done.

enjoy it while you can, it turns extremely linear after chapter 8, and turns absolute dogshit at chapter 13