Can weed make you crazy? Any of you fucked up or have any horror stories through smoking too much?

Can weed make you crazy? Any of you fucked up or have any horror stories through smoking too much?

I can constantly hear church bells and a voice whispering my name but I'm scared to go to the doctor. I have been smoking skunk for around 3 years straight.

No, you're crazy because you're crazy.

>I can constantly hear church bells and a voice whispering my name but I'm scared to go to the doctor.

Sigh -- just in case you're actually serious OP, and you're really underestimating your symptoms: get help immediately or you will regret it. Tell a dcotor, it's important.

My brother was a very heavy user of skunk, he got "cannabis psychosis" from it. Essentially he's disconnected and hears voices like a schizophrenic, he's really fucked up and lives in the hospital at present as he's considered a danger to himself after the voices told him to off himself.
I don't smoke any more.

Been smoking the good stuff for about 5 years and can confirm that besides some short term memory problems nothing bad is happening to me

Die in a cushion of soaked cancer....

I am serious. I started hearing the bells around 2 weeks ago and now it is almost constant. The whispers come mainly at night. I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't know what to say and am very awkward around people in general. I don't want my family to know that I may have damaged my brain through being stupid!

Med fag here. Weed can be a trigger for psychosis if you have a genetic predisposition to it. Does anyone in your family have schizophrenia? Also, the highest trigger chance is if you started smoking before you're 15 years old, odds are way better after 18 years.

You should definitely go the doctor as soon as possible. The weed did not cause this to happen but it may have caused an underlying mental illness to come forward

weed can cause psychosis to some degree but what you're talking about sounds like something on a whole other level

and this little piggy should shilly shill shill, all the way home

pro-tip, weed didnt cause this, it unlocked it

better to know and medicate now than to wait till you snapped naturally and killed people.

Forgot to add: go see a doctor, these church bells and whispers may become worse over time. Mental illnesses can be treated very well nowadays.

My dad has bipolar and his sister and aunt killed themselves. I'm 27 and have suffered from paranoia and depression.

Can confirm.

Got stabbed 3 times by an ex at a party. She took about 5 hits and went batshit crazy, cops found her hiding in a shed mumbling something about her protecting her daughters.
They'd been raped repeatedly by their dad when they were younger and I happened to be wearing the same colour shirt he was when she caught him balls deep in the eldest.

I smoked daily for about 4 years with no real issues. Then i started getting slightly paranoid when smoking, couldn't smoke and be around people, just felt uncomfortable. Then i would get suicidal thoughts and visions. I stopped then becasue it was kinda scary. Haven't touched it in years now

its a psychedelic, and if youve done a series psychedelic you'll know its not to be fucked with.

that being said, you shouldn't quit, just find a dose/pattern that suits you .

You're going to become a fag at first (already achieved) and then you'll die

weed, i've been smoking it for more than ten years, most days, im usually a wake and bake guy.

I've never had problems people speak of like psychosis, i do suffer from anxiety a lot and i know fine well that smoking does me no favours there.

And yet, saturday night i was supposed to go to works night out but i couldn't bear the thought of it. I sat here all night by my pc before i gave in and smoked a bowl and immediately i thought to myself im just being silly, there's nothing to worry about you were just going to a pub.

Until recently i was having an affair with a married woman who told me she just wanted to be friends, at this point i had actually stopped again. I told myself she can fuck off, if she doesn't want that me physically anymore then i want nothing to do with her. Then, later in the week i bought a bag, chilled and reflected and realised i was being petty and should keep her as a friend.

I really don't know if im better off with or without cannabis, it seems to exacerbate my problems and yet help me see through them all the same.

Any amount of weed was unpleasant by that stage. I was a fairly regular user of other rec drug too, might of contributed

you do know weed can cause anxiety right

Sativas make me hear shit, sometimes voices sometimes just noises that arnt there, doesnt mean you are crazy though, i think most people think if you hear voices you are auto schizo or something, while weed can bring out already existing schizo traits, the sounds / voice you hear when high is your brain over processing sensory information its recieving. So your brain starts to pick apart ambient noises and tries to find patterns and some of those register to you as voices but they actually arnt they are just an over analysation of the sensory input from your ears.

a friend of mine who was a heavy weed smoker for over 10 years developed paranoid delusions , but who knows if this was the weed or just a pre-existing mental issue.

Weed doesn't cause it but it is known to trigger paranoid schizophrenia in people that are susceptible to it. You should see a doctor before those voices start to seem real. My best friend of 20 years is going through this right now. He refuses to believe that he's crazy though and won't get help. Because of this he's one step away from being homeless. If you don't end up a homeless crazy asshole you'd better see a doctor soon

Pic unrelated

Did you not get past the first sentence? The dude clearly states that he knows weed isn't helping is anxiety

Marijuana is amplifying your underlying mental illness, go see a doctor and tell him what you're experiencing. See what he has to say.

Med fag again, I would really recommend you to see a doctor. You'd rather have treatment now, instead of being locked up in a psychiatric ward because you attacked someone while having a psychosis. Your symptoms seem very mild so it shouldn't change your life a bit if you get checked by a doctor from time to time.

Most likely schizophrenia marijuana can cause episodes to people who already have it

marijuana is not causing you to hear voices sounds like you have schizophrenia and marijuana is possible making it worse

Thank you. I am booking an appointment now. I haven't smoked for 2 weeks but the sounds and voices are still there. I regret every single joint.

this or
stop fucking smoking nonstop for a month and see what happens.
cant? well there is your problem.

Dude, smoke!

You still need to see a professional, but go back to smoking as you did before. I had a friend who decided to quit weed and it turned out to be the thing holding him together; he had a complete mental breakdown.

Smoke. Now. Don't overdo it, but smoke until you can see a pro, then they'll devise a good plan for you.

Good luck.

I don't think that will help. I was smoking a half ounce a day in pure spliffs.

I am booked in to see a doctor next week and am doing everything I can to get healthy and purge my body.

I started smoking at age of 15~, smoked daily till i was 18-19, it felt great at start then i started to become more and more paranoid so i only smoked alone towards the end of it to try to avoid the paranoia and didn't want to be around people and isolated myself from everyone/everything. Now at age of 25 i'm socially paranoid wreck not sure if i can blame weed or not but ive heard/seen other people getting psychosis from cannabis, it can definetly unlock some mental problems if abused too much just like every drug, ive also seen people whove smoke for over decade and only thing i notice is that theyre bit slow, anyway that's my blog thanks for reading.

My biggest regret is starting such heavy use. Now I will never know how much better my life and social skills could have been if I had never smoked.

youre a wizard hardeep singh.
send 150 to 31. trust no one. be generous. hallelujah 420 yo.

Smoked for 8 years.

It was all good in the first 2 or 3 years. I smoked occasionally, mostly on weekends. Eventually it became multiple times a week, and eventually every single day. It went from an occasional thing, to a habit, then to a dependency.

Pretty much went from an outgoing, social, happy person to a cynical, depressed, social retard who could no long enjoy life, hobbies, sex, you name it. I became anhedonic. The last 4 years I only smoked to feel joy, which was very little, and I would become unable to socialize or focus when stoned at that point. It just made me lazy and retarded. No motivation and I couldn't remember hardly anything from the time being stoned. Took a lot of work to get my brain back to being able to enjoy life and my hobbies again.

I'm still not normal after 2 years sober and making changes to my diet and lifestyle. I have sudden mood swings and bouts of depression often. Memory is better now, and I have more focus again, but my sense of reward and ability to feel pleasure have been fucked from excessive pot use. I no longer have anywhere near the amount of enthusiasm or excitement I did before using marijuana.

A little on special occasions is fine, but do let yourself start smoking multiple times a week, and especially don't let yourself smoke it daily.. Excessive strain on your pleasure centers and shit is bad, and you're a fool to think otherwise.

I can relate user and i totally agree with you. I want to quit this too

Smoked everyday for like a year and half most of the time multiple timea a day. Sometimes made spliffs with bs tobacco from wraps. I eventually ended up quitting because one i started getting paranoid af. And two i would get this weird feeling in my spine like a tingling that would radiate in waves to my head. It wasnt painful it was just too weird for my liking. Tries it again a few days ago and the same thing happened. I get a weird pressure in my lower back and idk what triggered it

>> be me
>>smoked weed every few hours, daily for 5 years
>> Started hearing my voice being called out from a distance 2 years in, etc
>> Ended up in the psychward
>> Get written down as a schizoid
>> ...
>> Profit

Seriously OP, unless you think you might luck out, where subtle brain damage turns into direct deposit ssdi no questions asked, at least lessen your smoking to once in a while.

Or become a mystic. Read Be Here Now, by Ramm Dass, and see.

I'm at college and smoke every day, have done for the last 2 years. I don't think the dank is making me crazy but I have depression/bipolar and have just accepted that I wont be truly happy again until I stop when I move in with my GF.
I assume this is fairly common

Some people just are not compatible with weed including me. I quit drugs just in time to remain somewhat normal

Since my brothers been smoking weed he's become delusional an paranoid, he thinks everyone is out to get him, he's told my family he hates us and doesn't trust us, he accused our father of fucking his ex, all he does is drink and smoke weed after work every day by himself and cooks up elaborate narratives of how the world is out to get him

>>Be me
>>Depressed all my life/anxiety/bipolar
>>Smoke to relax
>>Smoke Old regular stuff nothing special
>>Post Partum depression
>>want's to hurt own 3 yo son
>>Stops smoking
>>Smokes again a year later
>>got paranoid about spies
>>stop smoking
>>Smoke again a year later
>>Heard name being called
>>Stop smoking.
>>waited a year again
>>Start smoking
>> Thought I was dead because nobody came home all day and thought maybe I died and everyone is home and I can't see them because I'm dead, didn't help that my phone suddenly stopped working no calls in or out.
>>Stopped smoking again.
>>This time wait a few months.
>>tried a vape called mango
>> paranoia
>>Stoppe smoking since then
>> now reading all posts...
>>Maybe dad is right, maybe I am just crazy.
>>Now contemplating on checking myself into a hospital and now I'm having anxiety about who's gonna take care of my son.

I feel like I'm a horrible person...I've been suicidal lately...my son looks at me as if I'm the most amazing person in the world and I am garbage. I just want to curl up and die.

Lost story short. My brother wigged out and climbed out of his apartment window 4 stories up. Went to the hospital, escaped and jumped infront of a truck and died.

Yes, although you have to be predisposed for it to have much affect. If you are hearing voices stop. It will hasten the onset of schizophrenia. It gets worse, trust me.

Weed is not as safe as people say. It is time for you to quit. It is not your fault it is the weed. You would even be able to count the chemicals on it nowadays.

There's a well known connection between weed and schizophrenia. Weed doesn't cause schizophrenia but it can trigger, intensify, and worsen symptoms. It can also alleviate symptoms short term, which is why so many schizophrenics self-medicate with it. That is hit or miss, and ultimately more miss over the long term. Amphetamine, alcohol and nicotine have a similar relationship with schizophrenia.

Nicotine how?

That's just gluttonous, quit acting like a fuckin junky