Here's a question for the smokers of Sup Forums, if you could go back and never have that first cigarette would you...

Here's a question for the smokers of Sup Forums, if you could go back and never have that first cigarette would you? Just never start and avoid them?

Personally as much as I fucking love smoking I wish I never started. So fucking expensive and over the last 2 years I have felt far less healthy

Yes absolutely.
I am 1.5 years clean and I've saved a lot of money, and feel better.

How'd you manage to quit? Ive tried cold turkey and go a few weeks a month then start again

I just quit (3 months ago) at the age of 35. I regret every cigarette and every penny that I have spent on them. I could have saved a fortune and not be left looking like an old man with yellow skin and baby hair.

Quit now. Never inhale the smoke again. It is the silliest hobby on earth.

For me, it was incredibly easy for me to stop. I don't know why, but it's just not that addicting to me lol
Maybe it's cause I've only smoked maybe around 20(?) cigs. I've only ever bought one pack.

Same here, quit smoking 2.5 or so years ago and feel much better. I still get random urges to smoke when I see people smoking and am stressed. Does that happen to you?

bout to start my drug free period (goal is 10 years) mainly because of smoking cigarettes. I used to smoke weed everyday but now just do it once every 2 weeks or so and it feels good to not feel like i need these things anymore. smoked both for about 5 years or something. gonna feel good to get it totally out of my system. If you're trying to quit just take it slow. start by cutting down how much you smoke a day, not having a morning cigarette, not buying smokes straight after you run out. going cold turk helps too even if you only go a day or four without because it reinforces your will to not want to do it. been trying to quit for a year and I feel like I can do it now. best of luck to everyone

Can't tell if bait
Checked nevertheless

nice trips, but come on m8. 20 cigarettes is not enough for you to become a total baccy fiend

Nope. It makes me look cool.

Well fuck better not quit then I might look lame

looking cool is so lame.
being lame is the new cool

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I smoked for 5 years, haven't had one for a little over two years now.

I feel better, save money, and can now look down my nose at all the filthy smokers out there. You genuinely do look moronic and I'm embarrassed thinking back to how I looked sucking down those death sticks.

4-5 weeks here, smoked for bit over decade. [spoiler]vaping[/spoiler] helps, only doing it home.

Oh hell yeah i would.

Would've sticked to hanging out with uncle and gym bros rather than thrash people.
My life would be so much more fun.
Can't say i'm unhappy now, a few years of alcoholism and deviance brought a lot of experience about people, trust, etc.
But at a great price.
Smoking is one of them. Sure i could quit, but i enjoy it, and after you've been real depressed, like suicidal, you'll stick to anything you enjoy.

Buddhism helps a lot more though.

>smoking is part of this
what i meant.

Coming up on a year smoke free. I still wish I could go back and stop my younger self from smoking.
Although the physical cravings have died out, I still struggle in social situations where I used them as a crutch.

> I still struggle in social situations where I used them as a crutch.

This worries me most.

Just quit then. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to want to quit. I switched to vaping and it's faggy, but not as unhealthy. Right now I'm working on quitting that too. I just keep telling myself how fuckin gay it is. After you quit tobacco, food tastes and smells better, hangovers are way less severe, going up a flight of stairs doesn't make you feel like shit, your house will smell better (even if you smoke outside, you bring the smell in with you) people will respect you more, etc

Same, same, same.

Except I really fucking miss it. Especially when drinking.

I did not notice anything in taste.

No honestly. It was hard to gave up, but nicotine was exactly what I needed when my PhD was going to shit and I was so stressed. When the stress stopped I gave up fairly easily (wife asked me 2), but although I still get the urge to smoke now and then that was almost a decade ago. I smoke socially without starting up again just fine.

Me too,just stopped cold turkey on cigs a little over a month ago and realized I'm a complete social autist without a cig in my mouth.

If I could go back on my whole life and never do any of it I would.

Yepp, not sure how to act/what to do with your hands... any tips for retards?

nope, smoked for 10 years on and off, pack a day normally when i was on.
no regrets at all. tobacco is awesome. everything kills you eventually. cancer risk is overblown (long/etc cancer rates have not fallen at the same rate that smoking rates have). i work outside so it doesn't make me smell like an ashtray for the rest of the day.

This. I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

Fuck yeah id stop

I would travel back in time and punch myself in the face to prevent myself from starting to smoke. It is honestly easier to stop doing meth that to stop smoking, at least in my experience.

Meth withdrawal was bad, but I never considered stealing money for it. I have taken some money for fucking cigarettes a time or two.

Yep. started at 17ish, now I'm 30. It's getting dangerous.
I tried quitting, after a month I was back in cause I'm weak.
Never felt that good in a looong time.
Considering trying quitting again now.

Seeing as how the entire reason I started smoking was because one of my now-exes did, and the reason we broke up is because she fucked my best friend, they're still together to this day, five years later and every cigarette reminds me of her, yeah.

I regret picking up the habit.
I regret a lot of things.

haha. wow. chew or something. thats pathetic.