How often do you think about suicide?

How often do you think about suicide?

I think about death a lot, but I actually offing yourself is fucking stupid, like your life won't ever get better in the 40-60 years you have left

I haven't ever seriously considered it.

At this point fucking daily, I have no talents and I'm stuck in a shitty min wage job

Every day constantly. Almost hourly.

Never just don't care
If I die I die

I used to think about it once per day during highschool. To be fair, my life was total shit.
But I was too pussy about actually committing suicide... would always think "I wish 'xxxx' happened and I die by accident."

Now, maybe once per months - I'm getting my life back in grip.

sometimes in a "I wonder how people would react" kind of way

Not really. I used to sometimes feel indifferent to living or dying but eventually I realized how depression was actually effecting the way/my ability to think clearly. Eventually, though society has conditioned you to believe that you need to go out and do or obtain something to achieve happiness, you learn that the real journey is inside. Everything else is just a passing circumstance

Young fag here.
I have never been depressed in my life and just don't give a single fuck
And I don't even know how that feels.
Am I fucked

I listen to $uicideboy$ daily.

Science and medicine are advancing at an exponential rate. We might actually have worthwhile treatments for depression in the next five to ten years. You may find yourself feeling better before then and not need treatment. Either way, if you're truly considering suicide, don't do it. I've had friends who have felt the way you feel, and after time has passed they're glad they didn't do it.

>felt this way for most of my life
>"don't worry, it'll pass, it's just a phase"

Out of curiosity how old are you, I'm 19 and I can't remember a time I wasn't like this and I like to think one day I'll find a way to get through all of this

read the book the untethered soul by michael a singer. The writing is total shit btw, but the message is worth reading about. It's a good place to start for people who grew up in shite western society where priorities are basically based on money and consumerism

22, only time recently that I wasn't constantly feeling somber was when I had gf.

Didn't last long and it made me realize that my happiness depended completely on her.

Now I'm trying to find happiness and a drive from within myself but no luck so far

I like Ritsu and Im also horribly depressed, if it makes you feel any better.

Being severly depressed and not able to see any joy in the upcoming years, I think about it daily to comfort myself.
Like, "well, when literally everything will turn to shit, I can just off myself".
I am aware of the fact that this kind of thinking isn't exactly healthy, but it feels like it keeps me sane (heh).

I thinking about suicide from time to time might actually be healthy. It reminds you that no matter how shit things get you always have a choice and a way out. Might actually help us to function better in daily life?

when my adderall is wearing off i always want to off myself

yeah, this guy gets me

I can't fucken finish books.
Whenever I start reading to expand my ideas I always stop after the first chapter.
It's frustrating. Where do you get the determination to read an entire book..
Only book I finished in the last year was The Art of Loving and that was only because every page had extremely interesting ideas.
I feel like most philosophical books repeat themselves a lot just to have more pages.

I like depressed and I am also horribly Ritsu, if it pleases the gods.

>be average jap
>everyday

earthquake that would kill me when?

every single day since i was 8yrs old. i am 25 now. honestly the only thing worse than having suicide on my mind every day is knowing i'm too much of a pussy to follow through even after all these years. i wish someone would just shoot me from behind so that i wouldn't have to find the bravery within myself.

You fucker at least had a gf. There is no reason to be *feels dead inside* nvm i feel u bro

It does please the gods, in fact.

>the only thing worse than having suicide on my mind every day is knowing i'm too much of a pussy to follow through even after all these years.
The other way around, faggot. Thinking about suicide everyday and not doing it means you're a have a survivalist nature. It's commendable.

This is my story too. I want to cash out more than anything else in the world, but I don't know how bad it hurts when you eat a bullet, and I really don't want to go to hell.

I dont. So long as im alive I will try to give good people a better life than what I had. The human race needs far to many improvements for me to just give up.

The only way the idea of death can be seen as healthy is if it reminds you of how finite your life is.
How you should squander opportunities because you really may never get a shot at something again.
Your time is limited and you should never EVER think "oh maybe next time".

I met her in a psych ward, I don't think I could ever meet a girl who'd like me in "the real world".
Having experienced intimateness with someone is a blessing and a curse.
It's nice to have been allowed so close to another person, to have been allowed to be a big part of their life.
At the same time I am now constantly reminded of missing that warmth. Another layer of misery that wasn't there before.

How you gonna accomplish that?

it's not commendable, it's cowardice. i'm not doing the world any favours by continuing to exist and waste resources. i'm not useful to humanity in any way. i would do better for my kind as plant soil, but it is in the nature of a human to survive and consume. I am not strong enough to rise above that, so I am doomed to stumble through life like every other depressed asshole who isn't brave enough to face the only reliable solution.

I don't know I had a gf when I was 15 and the fact that you used to be someone that some people could like only makes the pain worse

>Another layer of misery that wasn't there before.
Love is the nastiest addiction. Once you tried it you're hooked for life. It's worse and better than fucking heroin.

several times a day every day

daily

Never used to think of it. But now I'm old (closing in on 70) with multiple illnesses. I used to make a good living but most of that is gone.

So for me it's only a matter of when. I'm not going to become some barely alive vegetable in a medicaid nursing home waiting for my diaper to be changed. I'll end it cleanly before then. But for now I still have some time.

>In early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be
>the pain that is withheld for me, I realize and I can see
>That suicide is painless ...

I think you're off when you say "feel like it keeps me sane".

I think you mean that it keeps you feeling comfortable.

Get drunk on top of a skyscraper.

I please myself. hmmm

nah i've only tried codeine and hydrocodone and i can say they're definitely better than love. i can only imagine what heroin must be like but i can't get ahold of any.

seriously though you could have the greatest gf ever and i guarantee you would dump them in exchange for a good supply of opiates if you know what they feel like. nothing natural can match the feeling.

I see what you mean. I feel like you everyday too. I'm evil, I'm disgusting, I'm a negative influence on the world. And everyday I say fuck the world, fuck all the people, they don't deserve my compassion and effort. And even if they do fuck them, we can't all be good people. It's how the world works, evil people will always be here.

every day I have to fuck the same woman

Every day

They might be better than a long term relationship but they ain't better than that first month with a girl you honestly thought was out of your league.

Try roleplay or sumth.

Yeah, especially that first love. You gonna chase that dragon forever.

Feels like I need to drop anime cuz every time i see a kys thread there is an anime grill

i'll go with "or sumth" Something being to fuck another woman

In small ways as often as the situation presents its self. Its not much but people can dig tunnels with spoons. If even a small possibility exists that there can be an end to this kind of suffering its worth struggling for as much as possible.

You should. Anime is escapism.

Get real hobbies

Doesn't mean it won't happen. And it still leaves room for science/tech advancements in mental health.

I remember now the story of this huge crime boss who addicted to cocaine. Then he gave it up and has little cravings. How he did it?:
"Everyday I go out and do good. I donate money, I help people. Don't get me wrong, I don't do it for others, I do it for myself."

Only once, 3 years ago during divorce. But it was more an examination than a desire. I felt like now I finally understand how someone can do it, but I didn't have that feeling. More an understanding.

10 to 40 times per day. Every day. Way down from when I was a teen, which was seemingly constant.

All I thought about at the time was sex and suicide.

I've been thinking about ending it since I was a child. Literally, 8 years old thinking about killing myself.

Anime is not a real Hobby ? Stupid shit

31 years old. Still thinking about it.

I mostly think about post suicide scenarios.
Like the reactions of people who rejected me.

I think about it constantly. I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of becoming old. I'm a 22yo f, in a dead end job. My brother jumped infront of a truck and died 8 and a half months ago. Got kick out of home for being guy, but now hate myself because I'm in love with a male friend. I'm so desensitized by everything because of Sup Forums. Could never have kids because I think I'm a pedophile. I wouldn't ever act on it though, because I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's life. I abuse prescription drugs more often than other drugs. I know I need help. But right now it's just a waiting game of when I'll lose the battle that I constantly face with my mental illness.

It seems your brain works differently than normal people's. That said the mutation can be negative or positive. I like a thought of my biology proffesor:
"Evolution is so slow that it doesn't affect us(humans) in everyday life. That said the environment we live in changes faster and faster. A beneficial mutation, can be negative tomorrow and vice versa. That's why you should never give up. We live in the best of times for weak humans."

I used to think like this till I realized no one would really care

They will most likely not give a shit about my fucking death.
Id need to do it in the most tragic way possible.
Like jumping elephant enclosure.

jumping in

Less than you. You should try it and let us know what it's like

That strength is a very valuable thing to have.
Have you met someone else?

ilu

daily, when little bad things happen even though i have a bright future

anyone in socal want to do an offline meeting?

every two weeks or so.

I can't kill myself because i'm 100% convinced of the afterlife, and it's super boring compared to here.

sure, maybe I don't get enough sex here, but if I kill myself i'm guaranteeing that i'll never have sex again

no sex in eternity...what kind of a stupid fucking idea was that

Maybe your future is a little too bright.
Maybe you think that every bad little thing might put your future in jeopardy.
Maybe you should lower your expectations of life.

I cant communicate with anything.
Every-time i say shit with someone, i compare it to every other conversation i read or hear.
Out of all i'm still shit.
I fucking hate talking but if i don't talk to someone id feel lonely.
I think about killing myself everyday. Cant do it because i'm too pussy.

>I feel like an actual !DEGENERATE!
>Let me say it again
>Degenerate

Death is like an eternal sleep without dreams. You won't care after you're dead.

This, minus the job.

Indeed I have. No rush on doing things, but it was definitely helpful to move on and try again, very happy now. People are wired differently though. I've known 2 people who killed themselves, one younger than me and the other much older. I at least get it now. I don't look down on them. I wish it didn't happen, but who am I to say. Life is so short and yours.

That statement is something of a gamble. Since your not dead you cant be 100% sure.

> I don't look down on them.
And noone should, really. Doing what you want with your life is the most fundamental of fundamental rights. It is after all the only thing you really own in this world.

They say you can practice communication.
have you tried?
It's not easy and it will take hella long but it's possible.

you seem to have missed the point of my post. I'm convinced of an eternal conscious afterlife that does not involve sex. so, on that premise, I can't kill myself.

you're not going to convince me otherwise

But I was dead for eternity before I was born, user. I know how it is.

Not only that.
I'm also retarded
And also im never gonna let myself feel better about myself

Well said, user. Things are getting realistic and intelligent itt...is this /b.

Faggot!

Whew lol, ok feels better now.

why do you even care about sex, it's fucking disgusting. bunch of smelly fluids being exchanged to create a smelly monkey worm baby. get over it and realise that sex is as worthless and gross as everything else in life.

About every 8 minutes.

>you're not going to convince me otherwise
I have nothing to add then...

well, i'm white, so I don't produce any smelly monkey worm babies

also, sex is the greatest thing in the world, and the only thing worth living for

>Faggot!
>Whew lol, ok feels better now.
Do you have Tourette's?

Fairly often, but I always decide not to do it on the off chance that hell is real

No, you don't. Your conscience began with birth. You don't know shit of what was before.

It's true the things that compose our body have always been around, as matter changes, it doesn't go away orbe created. But the phenomenon of our mind, memory, is only here as we are living beings.

>it’s very unlikely that one can ever rationally persuade people of something: people’s opinions are formed over long years, through emotional dynamics, and ten minutes of conversation is entirely unlikely to make any difference.

Nah, just lame jokes. We could be friends.

>You don't know shit of what was before.
And I don't know shit about what happens after. I can only make an educated guess that it's the same as before birth.

pretty much everyday had the rope in hand last year fucking didnt work out lol

your race doesn't matter. all of humanity is disgusting and does the same disgusting things such as sex and birth.

i don't blame you for thinking sex is the only thing worth living for though because that's just instinct. animals kill each other in the wild over sex all the time, and so do jealous idiot humans every single day. it's unavoidable. i hate sex but i still jerk off daily and jump at any opportunity to have sex with a girl because instinct just doesn't agree with reason. i feel awful afterwards every time but it always feels right during the moment.

>what I really mean is every duscussion is pointless. even talking is pointless, lets just fap to traps and post in get threads

That's fucken stoopid.
If the argument is that consciousness is retained after death, something for which there is no proof, you may just as well argue that consciousness has existed before birth.
There is just as much proof for consciousness existing before birth as there is for it existing after death

I upvote this comment.

>one off trips
Nice effort.
I agree with that. All signs point to nothing, though. If a story can be true, Valhalla sounds badass, all the same. Irl call of duty and ting/drinking with your mates every evening. Until Ragnorak. Then you gotta kill a serpent and all ends anyways...or something..
Religion is fun times.

No, you did well.

I am proud of you.

>Religion is fun times.
Drugs are a better time if you have money. If you're gonna live in an illusion atleast do it like the pros.

What do you mean "didn't work out"?

Ok, let me amend it. Memory doesn't exist before birth. Only asshats who claim they know they were Cleopatra or Napolean in a past life would argue that. I had respect for you, I'm hoping you don't refute this..