Has anyone ever listened to the entire Sonic Youth discography? How much of it is actually good?

Has anyone ever listened to the entire Sonic Youth discography? How much of it is actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4z62VrXAlM
youtube.com/watch?v=l0gVLb8i0aw
youtube.com/watch?v=hEQkeL-G47g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100%

I only listen to Bad Moon Rising anymore

Good one

I have, and pretty much all of it is good.
Earlier stuff is better though.

Confession: I have not listened to anything before Sister. How much am I missing out on?

I listened to Daydream Nation once and I don't remember a single thing from it

youre not a fan, just a casual listener I see.

I've been meaning to for a long time, have everything by them including cicone youth, some live albums/weird bootlegs, couple SYR's, but so far i've only listened to Daydream Nation and EVOL a while ago. Maybe if I didn't look at it as a giant project I'd be more willing to start

REALLY!!??????
youtube.com/watch?v=p4z62VrXAlM
I had this on repeat for weeks

Actually the intro is pretty decent but after that the entire album just crumbles

what a plebe
youtube.com/watch?v=l0gVLb8i0aw
Candle is amazing

also this is amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=hEQkeL-G47g

I'm gonna need your Sup Forums membership card btw

Just listen to Daydream Nation and Goo, they are really accessible and good at the same time, then you can try listening to the rest of the stuf (EVOL, Sister, Washing Machine, etc.). One of my favourites is Rather Ripped I must say.

With all this being said, while I do technically like most of their work, their music has always been a bit too cold and unexpressive to me. L'art pour l'art you could say I guess.

Everything if you except a few SYRs, NYC Ghosts and Flowers, and Sonic Nurse

I had a few friends who really like them back in the day, so would hear SY quite a bit.

Their music never appealed to me.

Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star is the only album of theirs I think is genuinely bad. Dirty & The Eternal I just find to be average. Everything else they've made is good or great.

That might vary for you though. But their studio discography is very much worth exploring.

All you need from Sonic Youth is their albums from Evol up to Dirty.

i wish sonic youth wrote better lyrics. they are absolutely terrible at it, to their detriment.

underrated

>NYC Ghosts and Flowers
i seriously don't understand why people hate this. it's a really good album. how could you like sonic youth and not this album. jesus.

Listen to Sonic Nurse right now, it's a top 5 album for me

I think Sister to A Thousand Leaves is one of the best runs in rock music.

I fell for the Murray Street meme. It's pretty fucking boring. Fuck Jim O'Rourke.

Rain on Tin is one of their best songs tho

best sonic youth album