letterboxd.com/hugo/
letterboxd.com/KagsMagnus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

letterboxd.com/samturret/
i dunno why i had high expectations for the rocketeer
didn't even know it was a disney movie until i started watching

I speak for everyone when I say we were panicking that you disappeared

OAR does not interest me.

So what do you guys do on Letterboxd? Is it really fun, because it just looks frustrating

Insert a reply about spring breakers here

letterboxd.com/lozjudai/

tapa ittes

e

Well Amaranth's a lesbian so it makes sense

Hey guys follow me for a good time.

letterboxd.com/Tyro/

We use the film diary to keep track of our daily watches. It's easy to use but I don't think it's supposed to be fun.

>he´s rating movies he saw 10+ years ago to make his bars look better

kys

>he has early stages of dementia

you are not as smart as you think you are plus your taste is extremely bad

Why so many 5 star ratings?

whats the point of rating movies you saw a long ago??? u rarely give bad ratings. u r just compensating for lack of low ratings to appear more patrician. again - kys

Uh huh

I try not to watch bad movies and enjoy the ones I do. Why not, really?

Also I haven't bothered rating a lot of shit movies I watched before I had Letterboxdd.

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

good news everyone, i managed to sleep today

a whole five hours

i have the reply you're looking for

My IQ is 140 nigga

get a blog faggot

Haha yes!

>he doesn't want his rating curve to be accurate
Might as well go back to IMDb fagger. I'm not lostjewdie btw dunk ass so enjoy your wasted evanmemelion reaction pic.

>Haha yes!
what did he mean by this?

He wants you to reply to his epic baits

A sad existence indeed

>he doesn't want his rating curve to be accurate
but thats what i exactly want. theres no point rating movies you saw 10 or so years ago

Now get back to posting your superior letterboxd tastez.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

>6 consecutive reviews, in 5 days
nice to know that FINALLY a true successor to Ebert has been found in me, machill54.

Didn't enjoy Dolemite/Human Tornado as much as hoped, probably won't bother with Petey Wheatstraw if/when that comes online

Still planning to watch 3 more blaxploitation tomorrow though

letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

cancer

Just watched the Maltese Falcon. Why was Peter Lorre so based?
letterboxd.com/ISniffRice

>no point rating movies you saw 10 or so years ago
I think if you don't plan on rewatching it and you remember how the movie made you feel at the time, I think it's fair to rate it. It isn't inaccurate, just as accurate to your memory.

these three posters are the cancer. It is me, the poster of the word 'cancer', who is contributing nicely to this thread

nice trips by the way my friend

>/lbg/ - part of the videogame and SpongeBob generation

Can't argue with those trips, guess I'm cancer.

What happened to your profile?

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

nothing you post is interesting or funny. you are a shitposter and your taste is bad.

>he didn't grow up watching the dankest and most meme-y cartoon ever created.

Nothing, I just started rating movies a couple months ago so I haven't added very many and I haven't put in any favorites.

*in my opinion

>dank
>meme
>cartoon

peoples taste develops constantly and not everyones memory is good so stop projecting

It's best to disregard posters that criticize others as they are a meme. Good job, you guys, I like some of these tastes :D.

low iq machillposts

the second one is not me and is not my posting style at all and of course, these are only low iq in your opinion

>these are only low iq in your opinion

low iq post

Then might as well not even mark movies you saw 10 years ago as watched.

Liking Spongebob when you're 21 is autistic, Ciaran. Grow up already.

Did you end up doing it?

rude

Dude Spongebob is awesome. Classic Spongebob still holds up, quit being stuffy.

letterboxd.com/SimplyEric/
lads and lasses

I don't like your taste but I'm following anyway.

I still like you.

Ew.

Hey good work I hope you can repeat again tonight.

Why don't you add anything to your posts? Even a quip would be nice.

I don't know.

tfw some one posts a reminder that you are too old to still be posting on this website with a bunch of people who don't even remember 9/11

If you think that then you don't understand the way in which these movies are deeply satisfying and are probably very old. I enjoy Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th because they are fun as fuck and give you exactly what you would expect and/or want from a Slasher movie. There's nothing wrong with that, and it's fun, so

I still like Stanley Kubrick (but I think Robert Altman is better) and can enjoy a good "film" if the mood strikes me. Lately I've been taking a break from more serious dramas so I can watch some actual fun movies, and if they're well-made that's all the better. If you don't like A Nightmare on Elm Street you have to ask yourself if maybe you are taking your life too seriously and need to chill the fuck out for a second. You guys are way too focused on wagging your dicks in each other's faces trying to prove who has the best taste when really you should be enjoying the ride and watching what you want to watch. If you don't like my taste, that's fine, but don't insult me for it. That's just displaying some kind of neurosis on your part.

I hate having to defend "fun".

This guy has good opinions but he presents them in a way that makes him an insufferable prick

I've been told that before but I don't care. I'm on fucking Sup Forums, after all. I don't owe you guys jack shit, especially with how you treat people, myself included.

bring it on motherfucker

ok.

you are right though, we have access to a wider selection of film right now than literally any person in history, people seem to spend so much time arguing and being angry in the thread and having a bad time when there is so much good film out there to enjoy

Every board I've visited has changed its hivemind to reflect my views, so, sure.

How about you stop ruining these threads? I don't care what you watch, just stop shitting on people who want to talk about films that you don't like.

I never intended to. You're the ones who immediately began insulting me as soon as I posted my profile. Is that what you guys do for fun?

>Is this what you guys do for fun?
What website do you think you're on? I'm not saying you deserve to be hated on for your lenient ratings of course, but this is a fairly edgy and smug place m8.

Sure, but I stand by all my ratings. As I stated before, I haven't bothered seeking out and rating out all the bad shit I watched before I had Letterboxd so it's really more a reflection of that. Since my focus shifted to actually watching good movies (when I got Letterboxd) most of the ratings on there are going to be high.

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

>tfw no gf

Also, I always thought you were meant to rate movies in relation to what they were rather than in comparison to every other film ever made. Thus, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter is a 5-star Slasher flick. It's really simple.

I thought it was, anyway.

What did you like about The Terrorizers?

will someone just make this fedor/a/ faggot stop posting

God you people are pieces of shit.

primarily that it told a story which worked as a critique of Taiwan's acceptance of globalization while also maintaining a grounded and believable nature

also, the casual way the final 15 minutes of the film slip into an ambiguous mess of dream sequences

>tfw no early 80s Meg Tilly gf

first day on the internet? if not then kys

No, just bored of it.

>I still like Stanley Kubrick (but I think Robert Altman is better)
From what I've seen of both, I agree. On your other point, I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone in these generals is posturing and trying to convince themselves to like patrician movies, but you're right that well-made, "fun" movies are just as essential as Antonioni or whatever. I'll hit you with a follow senpai

Been going through gendai-geki films as of late, so I've been tackling some Naruse and Ozu. Just watched Tokyo Story, and it seems to me that every entry in the Noriko trilogy is a masterpiece -- I was on the verge of tearing up like four times (and actually did one of those times) during Tokyo Story. Can't wait to get into Ozu's color films.

letterboxd.com/MrEnormous/

What's your best recommendation(s)?

letterboxd.com/Mastro666/

Nice reviews man, very well written.

If you don't like my taste, why follow me? I'm not complaining, just curious.

BC your nice

letterboxd.com/film/bambi-meets-godzilla/

Bambi is nibbling the grass, unaware of the upcoming encounter with Godzilla. Who will win when they finally meet?

you tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=BXCUBVS4kfQ

Thanks, user. I need to make more of an effort to write them more frequently, though, especially about my favorite movies. (It's just a bit intimidating tackling your favorites in a way that feels coherent and such.)

Gendai-geki films, Ozu, or Naruse recommendations? I've been working on an in-progress list that has some that I think are worth looking into, and they're listed chronologically. If you want a starting point, though, I'd recommend Ozu's "I Was Born, But..." (if you don't mind silent film) or "Late Spring". He's got a very singular style to which he adheres pretty rigidly, so if you don't mesh with it, try Naruse's "When a Woman Ascends the Stairs"; it's not super stylized in any way but is just a fantastically well-made film that pretty much any film lover would enjoy, I think.

Here's that list if you're interested:
letterboxd.com/mrenormous/list/gendai-geki-films/

One of the guys I follow whose opinions I rarely accord with is Mike D'Angelo, but he almost always evinces something I hadn't noticed or thought of in a film. It's good to expose yourself to contrary views.

Ozu's failure as an artist is a reflection of the Japanese people as a collective lacking empathy and conception of the numinous. His films lack 'that spark of emotive connection' because his people lack the internal awareness and emotional volatility that permit European art to communicate on a more profound and abstract level, just as they lack the ability to relativise their experience of reality. The results – as women are incapable of making art about anything other than their vaginas, so too are the Japs incapable of making art about anything other than being Japs.

smoothhands what did you think of koya

>the 'conception of the numinous' pasta is still around
stale as fuck to be honest

It's not pasta, it's redpill truth.

Trump supporters never change.

what do you have to say about trump bitch *pushes in speaker dustcap* what the FUCK do you have to say about trump you invalid. you out&out dumbfuck. you are such unthinking shite in my eyes

letterboxd.com/hugo/

Inland Empire was an experience

smoothhands what did your mom think of disdic

back to with the rest of the virgins

stop copypasting my post

letterboxd.com/KagsMagnus/

Does pasolini get any better after Mamma Roma? i wasnt at all impressed with Salo. Feel free to rec

@72570520
Don't ever quote me again cocksucker.