Rut roh

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/movies/features/captain-america-civil-war-why-chris-evans-is-the-anxious-avenger-20160504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Amazing meemee. It's also quite possible that they can renew the contract. Also who the fuck cares about capeshit you FUCK

>recasts don't exist
I like Evans but he never gave off that vibe that people will follow him into the gates of hell

Sure he had that speech in Winter Soldier, but it didn't have the gravitas it needed

I agree, personally I think the job should be given to Idris Elba.

i hope they get the british chris evans
FACT

or a woman

He's already locked up till Avengers 4 or whatever they end up calling it.

Got paid.

>Avengers 4 is the last Marvel film that Evans is committed to. His original contract had him through three only, but like Downey – whose contract ended after Iron Man 3 and who's been negotiating huge re-ups for every one since – Evans extended for one more. Better believe he got paid for it, too. "Oh, yeah," he says, laughing. "They didn't punch their Chris Evans card – like, 'You get the seventh one free!' Yeah, no."

rollingstone.com/movies/features/captain-america-civil-war-why-chris-evans-is-the-anxious-avenger-20160504

misogynist pig
it should be leslie jones

>le cuck meme xd

Someone has to die. They cant break the predictable superhero plot cycle theyve used for all their other movies

INFINITY GAUNTLETS HAVE NEVER BEEN LESS RELEVANT.
FACT

He already re-upped, dumbfuck

What about the Thor 2 cameo. If so then that's 6

he will renew it and come back for another 10. the people love Cap and Marvel and Chris know it.

if anything RDJ and Chris Hemsworth will be the first to not renew.

only cameo I never saw coming and loved it. based Evans strikes again.

Not gonna lie. He's the only Avenger I don't hate every line they spew. Just most of them.

Thought he was retiring from acting after his contract was up to move into writing and directing
Were the Marvel bucks just too big to turn down?

this desu, and Bucky needs to be black as well to truly earn the 'Buck' in his name

He's in talks now to star in a Jekyll & Hyde remake.

do we really need another jekyll and hyde?

Too late.

Fun Fact: When this character was introduced as Cap's new sidekick, he was given the name Bucky because no one knew any better. They quickly changed it to Battlestar.

>tfw loved cap but after watching civil war now think he's really boring

sad times

Yeah no shit. Everyone knows Cap dies in the next movie and Tony dies in IW part II.

He should have died saving Bucky and buried next to Peggy. That would have been absolutely heartbreaking but nice. Or shit, maybe even protecting Tony despite all the conflict and being killed by brainwashed Bucky.

Then had him make a triumphant return in Infinity War, maybe toward the end ready for Part 2.

which is annoying, should have happened in Civil War (which should have been two parts).

I mean we won't see Cap till Infinity War. so why have everyone be nice and safe till then, boring as fuck.

This.

Not to mention they need a reason to make Bucky into Cap.

yeah, he seems like the only one who isn't quipping every few lines like the rest. and even when he does, it feels natural from a character stand point and isn't as in your face and out of place like the rest.

he said that was just took out of line in an interview. he said he wanted to direct a couple of movies here and there and loved playing Cap. And yeah he's most definitely renewed his contract.

out of all the current marvel cast, it'll definitely be Captain America that moulds into all these new avengers we will be seeing.

Oh what a meme! What a lovely meme!

is he balding?

but trans woman

Tonys isnt out of place. He's been doing it to us on screen since 2008. You're just kinda used to it now. But I will say it does grate on the nerves sometimes. It takes the tension out of some scenes when he quips all the way through them

Yes. The dye murders the hair.

WILL DIE IN INFINITY WAR:
>Iron Man
>Hawkeye
>Black Widow
>Thor
>Vision
>War Machine
>Winter Soldier
>Falcon

NEW AVENGERS AFTER INFINITY WAR:
>Captain America (Chris Evans)
>Ant-Man
>Spider Man
>Hulk
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel
>Scarlet Witch

Screencap this, I work for Disney.

bullshit. hair dye may damage it make it thinner for a while, but it never destroys the hairline.

WILL SIT ON MY FACE
>Black widow

I hate this shit. You are already getting paid more than most professionals will their entire lives, even mid-tier doctors, and you continue to push the cost of your contract even if losing you will kill a massive part of a beloved franchise? Douche behavior to the max.

I think they will do atleast one more Captain America movie with Chris to really finish off his characters arc.
Kinda like how Iron Man 3 finished up RDJ character and Thor 3 will finish Hemsworths character.
Civil War just feel like a setup for future conflicts, and i dont feel that having one of their main characters arc end

arc end with one of their big event movies will feel right

business is business

Infinity War counts as one movie contractually which why they're filming both at the same time.

CUDDLEVENGERS:
Scarlet Witch
Captain America
Antman

This, with how oddly popular Whor is, and how expensive RDJ is, now that they have the brand recognition for 'awsum movies' they will likely bleed those two.

Sadly, even though he is my favorite presence (if not my favorite character, if that makes sense? He sort of holds it all together) I doubt he'll stick around. As someone noted about, Bucky being the next Cap is a natural progression. They also need a reason for Captain MARVEL to lead the Avengers, just to be really on the nose and 'relevant'.

Grow up,kiddo

>Thought he was retiring from acting after his contract was up to move into writing and directing

Heh. Awesome. That means that when he crashes and burns we'll get Cap back for Avengers 7 or 8 onward, with him quoting it was the 'plan all along'. God, I'm a horrible person.

Isn't Infinity War "technically" one big film

When he first signed on to Captain America Evans seemed disappointed with the acting biz, having to choose between shitty movies that paid well and good movies (Evans' opinion) that performed badly and didn't pay as well. There were rumors that Evans wasn't even going to accept the role of Captain America because he wasn't sure he wanted to continue acting through six movies (minimum contract at the time). In some interviews Evans expressed his interest in moving behind the screen (which he finally did with his directorial debut "Before We Go").

In more recent interviews Evans has stated many times that he enjoys the Captain America character and the people he works with. He often makes comments about how great it is to work with "talented people."

Judging by how he was before Marvel and now after doing five movies as Captain America it sounds like his passion for acting was re-awakened.

More Cap is good with me.

Robert Downy has reportedly been the only one whos been wanting to back out of the iron man role and pass the torch to someone else. If anyones going to die, itd be him

With the way comics and politics are today. They'll probably write that Rhodeys neice or daughter will don an Iron Man suit in the MCU.

fantastic 4 made him cynical.

Whatever they do the character should have something to do with the Stark company and also be some kind of engineering genius. A couple of the great things about Ironman is its privatization vs. government conflict and all the new Ironman gadgets being prototyped. If they just bring in a character to wear the suit than what would be the difference between Ironman and War Machine?

Then WHY didn't he die in Civil War? After seeing that movie I know that nothing is ever gonna happen in these shitflicks

This is beyond wrong, the race switching bullshit that's been in comics for years will never enter the mainstream movies.

Disney cares about China, forced diversity will never affect the main roles.

Wait, he didn't die in Civil War? I haven't seen it yet.

Wasn't Cap supposed to die?

They froze Bucky again so I guess Cap's death is put on hold for the time being.

Why would you want him dead when Infinity War is teased as the end all of all of the crossover movies?

Iron Man is pretty much the 2nd or 3rd most popular character in the MCU, why the fuck would the kill him now? Just to make a statement that anyone can die at anytime and create cheap tension like Game of Thrones?

The appeal of these movies are what happens next to these characters, not if they die or not.

But he is the reason i like the captain now more than ever...it is him how he plays it..

that's fucked up..

Actors can appear in movies they're not contractually obligated for.

RDJ wasn't contractually obligated to be in Civil War in any way and he was along for it anyway

I love what Evans has done with Cap.

He made him into a genuine human being.

I cannot imagine Marvel killing off a popular white male character and replacing them.

and a genuine hero

Is Ridley gonna be in it? What about Sonic?

RDJ seems to have some kind of obligation towards the MCU. Yeah he gets paid truckloads of money, but he knows that if it hadnt been for Iron Man he would have never broken back into the fold

>implying the comics matter at all

lmao

nobody has read a comic in years, especially Marvel Studio's writers

I hate this shit. You are already getting paid more than most professionals will their entire lives, even mid-tier doctors, and you continue to Jew the most out of your workers even if they make you a massively financially successful franchise? Kike behavior to the max.

>Iron Man is pretty much the 2nd or 3rd most popular character in the MCU, why the fuck would the kill him now?

RDJ is no longer interested in the character and is just collecting paychecks at the moment. If he is willing to continue taking paychecks he may continue, but if he drops out or Marvel stops wanting to pay then he can get killed off at any time.

If they had killed off captain america and warmachine in civil war that would have been a perfect opportunity to do the demon in a bottle story

I know this is NEVER EVER EVER FUCKING HAPPENING, but

I really wish they'd just take a final bow with Infinity War.
It really feels like it will be the ultimate culmination of what they'd been building towards, in many ways, since the first Iron Man. anything after that can really only be a lateral move.
And if they do just kill off all the main cast and replace them with a new generation after IW, what are they going to do the NEXT time the cast needs to be refreshed? Just kill everybody again? There's only so many times you can do that before the gimmick runs cold.

Without a contract they have to negotiate separately for each movie.

RDJ is the highest paid actor in the MCU because he is out of contract. He made an estimated $40mil in the last avengers movie (almost the same amount as all other actors combined) and he also got a pretty good payday from Civil War (as well as a percent of the profits, which isn't common for franchise movies).

Eventually RDJ's price tag will be too much and Marvel will just cut him loose (rumors say he wouldn't mind as he is tired of the character). Captain America is a pretty popular character so a renegotiation could be expensive so its not improbable that Marvel will just choose to pass (though I hear he re-signed for at least one more movie).

Yeah he was getting shitty roles in rom coma that went no where. The losers Scott pilgrim push Were all relatively good movies that bombed at the box office.

Hey Marvel friends i managed to sneak this pic out of editing room.

To be fair, that's why Spidey quips, and to a degree Tony too. Fear, a self of inferiority, and trying to ignore the sheer ball crushing terror of the situations they regularly find themselves in.

Pepper should take over. Aside from Rhodey, and they just didn't cast an actor with enough presence, she is still pretty and should be for a while, has decent screen presence, and makes more sense than a unaffiliated teen black girl.

This, comic cap is an utter asshole most of the time.