8 Episodes

>8 Episodes
is this more and more becoming a thing? reducing the amount of episodes for each show?

Seriously im running out of TV shows thanks to this bullshit. Are normies too retarded to understand longer story plots?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=stranger things season 2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this good?

The Show? Yes. Very actually.

The average 22 episode series is 70% filler anyway.

this was 8 episodes and it still had filler.

Yeah god forbid shows now cut pointless filler and b plots

At least you have something to watch. While shows like Stranger Things are filled with shit going on, they are over way too soon.

They could EASILY made Stranger things into a pretty successful movie.

No it didn't lol

The worst offender was LOST dropping from 24 episode seasons to 14.

>Muh filler!

This was an 8 hour movie

u wot m8

yeah it felt so short, i was bummed. im not an tv expert , but i dont understand why series like this and GOT , for example, have like 8-10 eps in a season, and then you have shows like csi or any usa or major network show that seems to have like 24 episodes in a season. why is this? is it because those shows like csi cost less to make and are thrown together quickly? or is it because those networks have more money and can afford to make more episodes?

I thought this was meant to be just a miniseries.

Better this way. The Flash, Crazy Ex Girlfriend and a lot of other shows would do well to follow this model.

if you like filler episodes you should promptly kill yourself

>If you like TV series having a detailed universe you're wrong

Just go ask for 8 hours movies to become the norm.

Show should have been shorter than that desu. They ruin too many shows by stretching out what little plot they have.

12 episodes of 20-25 minutes in length is the PERFECT amount of time to tell a story. This has been made apparent with things like pic related.

It encourages a medium pace and ZERO filler.

Audiences demand higher production budgets these days. "Hit" shows like GoT and Walking Dead require massive budgets for a TV show. It limits # of episodes as a result.

The exception of course is Big Bang Theory. Cheap as fuck to produce, biggest thing on TV.

10 episodes is too much. I don't have time to watch all this crap. 5 would is ideal and I'm happy they are shortening the series.I'm so happy we're past the times where series had like 20 episodes. That's pretty stupid.

If the plot doesn't fit the 10 episode format then you shouldn't use it.

wow your a moron kid

Back to Sup Forums with you, weeb.

>normies

you've got it backwards, those people LOVE retarded shows that go nowhere with excessive and unnecessary plotlines so they can talk about it with other people. Game of Thrones is the quintessential example of this. If you make something incredibly complicated, people with average to below average intelligence assume there is meaning and value.

There is greater depth of emotion and examination in single paintings than the entirety of moronic shows like GoT.

How about this - the creators take as many episodes as they need to tell a cohesive story. No more, no less.

Yeah, one of the best show in 2016 so far.

Budget mostly. GoT is the most expensive show on television, HBO is the only network that can even afford something as ambitious as that. Most cop/detective shows like Law & Order are pretty cheap to make.

Although shows like The Flash is somewhere in between, they have lots of episodes but only a few of them are CGI heavy and costly.

I got 6 episodes in and stopped because the bully trope was just ridiculous in this show. What is this, the 1950s? What fucking bullies act like this. We get it. The main characters are unpopular misfits who go on a fucking adventure you don't have to shove it in our faces that they get bullied and are outcasts. Try subtlety, "Duffer Brothers" because this is some mediocre shit

Series with fewer episodes are actually better written because there is little to no fluff. Wanting more just for hell of it is extremely stupid and you should go back to Sup Forums and sink your time into vapid video games.

all the teen relationshit drama was filler

There was a reason for that.

100 episodes is the magic number. Having 100 episodes makes your show qualify for syndication - where the big money lies.

The show runners basically made a deal with the network around season 3 to end the show and make sure it spun out to at least 100 episodes.

>What is this, the 1950s?
Nah man, the show takes place in the 80's

It was good, they needed a gadget kid like data from goons

Not at all. In fact the plot was so compact I found myself wanting a bit more breathing room for things non-essential to the main narrative.

>I got 6 episodes in

So you got 2 episodes from the end and that's when you decided to stop watching?

>I'm op and I like 22 episode bullshit with 11 fillers.

Hit a little to close to home for you?

>being this retarded

It would be too cheesy imo

I've been on multiple ST threads recently and I'd see a few people say Netflix has confirmed a season 2 but I can't find anything on it. If anybody knows the source could you link pls.

I miss L O S T and the 20-23 episode seasons
G O A T

all the relationship drama was the point of the show, dingus. the alternate dimension monster is just the catalyst.

it's the britbong model of tv shows they do few episodes and end it before jumping the shark

I like that style of show.
8 or 9 episodes is just enough to make you fall in love with the show, but not enough to satisfy you.

Makes you want more, and the more prone that want more gives the show a higher chance of getting a second season- which gives the writers space and time to breathe.

Brits can't even afford to make more then 4 episodes a year.

And it was pretty by the numbers, filled with meh cliche's. The only surprise the entire show was how Nancy's relationship wasn't a cliche.

>He doesn't understand network 22+ shows are all filler shit

Big whoop.

>who cares if the main point of the show sucks?

What is this logic? I liked the show, but it's not as great as people make it out to be.

>all the relationship drama was the point of the show, dingus
You literally could not be more wrong.
The show was about discovery.

El discovered who she really was (not a monster).
Hopper learned that he wasn't the cause of his daughter's death.
Nancy learned that she wasn't just another face in the crowd and can stand alone.

Tons of others too.

Pretty sure it says so on the wiki page. Either way this is the show right now and Netflix would be stupid not to cash in.

lmgtfy.com/?q=stranger things season 2

>longer story plots
That's the fucking problem right here. Serial television. Back when tv shows had like 30 episode seasons most of them were episodic. Now the stupid fucking serial meme has taken over because everyone just can't get enough of MUH CONTINUITY and storylines that go on forever and written on the fly instead of self-contained stories.

So because you could not possibly write like 30 episodes of one plot before people get fucking tired of it everything is like 8-10 episodes a season now.