Weed and the chronic effects on intelligence

Weed and the chronic effects on intelligence
Any user personal experience??

I haven't felt the same ever since I started smoking, but its probably because I'm still fairly young.

my father smoked for 15 years, I have tried to. I can cause memory damage if you smoke obesely. use it in moderation you'll be fine user, smoke one every weekend to once every month, treat it like beer, your not addicted if you do it once in a blue moon.

how young user, under 18, Sup Forums&, kek newfag destroyed

Bump

>friends always called me a bookworm
>asked me to slow down whenever I'd explain everything
>not rly sure if I'm a true booky but I love science and philosophy n shit and am fairly proficient
>end up using pot for 2 years to self-medicate depression and some hormonal fluctuations
>during usage my short-term memory was slightly impaired
>long term mildly affected
>kept a fairly consistent journal of my habits and capabilities both before during and after usage
>I stop self-medicating
>track myself a bit and slowly notice my long-term was more affected than I thought prior
>short term was actually severely impaired
>little by little I recover from both the impairments and the depression
>damage was done but it wasn't permanent since it wasn't during my developing years
>good medicine imo

Started smoking weed at age 12. Fairly often useage with many tollerance breaks lasting for a couple months each.
I was always ahead of my class in everything but math. Once I get the hang of a math concept I'm average though. Sometimes I forget little things, but I think that's mainly due to stress. I don't get "withdrawals" or anything when I take breaks. I do meditate a lot and eat a fairly okay diet. I don't smoke as much as I do vape anymore.

9/10 weed is fun. Don't use it too much. Know when to be sober. Don't start too young. 12 was definitely too young.

Its not for everyone that's for sure. It shouldn't be the only thing in your life, or what you think about constantly.

Been smoking every day for more than 20 years.

Never messed with long term memory, but sometimes I forget simple things.

I've performed an autopsy high as fuck before.

damn that looks delicious.

I used to smoke while working at home (programmer). I made it much easier for me to program since I get distracted by everything.

Haven't smoked since new year (was back in the netherlands).

I noticed my short-term memory turned to shit (like forgetting what I did the day before), my long term memory however is fine.

Before new year I didn't smoke for 18 months, since it's hard to get here (if I could get it I would smoke it)

I've been smoking weed on weekends and yes, it does affect my memory a day or two after smoking it but otherwise, no other side effects. I am a civil engineer and it helps me relax and get a new perspective on structural designs and architecture.

iq test taken with 12

started smoking with 14

heavy user from 16 to 22

after 22 i still smoked around 5 days/week

another iq test with 27

same results

but it messes with short term memory and generally you are at picking up things. but it doesn't affect your iq.

I was gonna post a reply but forgot what I was gonna say.
was gonna post a funny meme, but can remember where the file is

It makes you dumb the week you smoke it, it's not like permanent damage... although maybe permanent short term memory damage lol I can't tell bc I can't remeber....
I'm an eng student and I have allot of complex math/physics to deal with and it takes a week for my mind to recover and be able to learn how to solve these complex problem

>autopsy high as fuck

Don't care if real but I can imagine this

>"user, scalpel"
>"yea for sure man"
>"user, please PASS me the scalpel"
>throws the bloody-sponge at his co-worker's face
>splat.webm
>other doctor screams
>"OH MY GOD, user"
>user gets spooked out and stabs himself with scalpel
>"I THINK I KNOW THE CAUSE OF DEATH!"
>all other doctors staring
>.."w-what, user?"
>"muy hungy"

Now I have chronic intelligence.

i think as long as you dont start smoking before you're 18/20 years old and dont smoke multiple times a day it does little to no damage

From my experience I haven't had terrible memory loss or learning issues. I do a bowl a night usually and I am fine but it depends. Just don't do an ounce a night and you'll be fine.

please stop shitposting

Smoke a little too much ganja, myself. Haven't noticed a decline in general cognition, but I do feel like my memory has suffered some. I've been smoking for a year.

same here except my doctor described it as, "woke".

>started smoking when i was 12
>almost immediately was smoking daily
>continue smoking all day every day for about 8 years
>smoke more and more as the years go on (was selling plenty so i was consuming half-oz to an oz a day)
>thought my brain was working just fine
>ff to me now 20 (21 in may)
>decide to stop smoking for a while
>look back on my high school years now that I'm able to think clearly
>realize i was a spazzy little artist
>my social skills are shit
>have 0 friends because i can't handle talking to people
im not saying that smoking weed will have the same effect on you or anyone else, but you asked for personal experience and my personal experience is that smoking weed has pretty much ruined my chances of being a "normal" 21 year old.... i don't even want to go out on my 21st birthday because i won't have a single friend to accompany me and I'm afraid of letting alcohol take the place of marijuana and ill start drinking every day

lol artist is supposed to be autist.... not an artist in any way, but i am damn near fucking retarded

Either you're really young, or you've never smoked weed before. So shut this fuck up faggot

>half oz to oz a day
how did you not see a problem with that?

OP Here
I am at the top 2% of my university class in medicine and generally people dont dare to questiob me on a memory debate.
Started smoking at 22(just one a year) now at my 25 ive been smoking 2 months straight and been generally consider me sleepy or careless but actually its so hard to concentrate. . Afraid for permanent damage

>Damage wasn't done
>using Sup Forums
Nice try faggot

I am 19 years old and i started smoking after graduating highschool. Weed is a lot of fun but dont smoke it too much.
I dont know how some of these anons have smoked daily for 20 years, after about half a year of smoking daily it lost its touch due to tolerance. It would take 4 bowls to get me "stoned" and even then it felt like it didnt last no more than 15 min. Smoking a joint or a blunt wouldnt even get me high. All in all it is a great drug for all shorts of things, I just wouldn't suggest smoking it daily. Also it cost a pretty penny, I could get decent drow for 10 a g and even then I felt it I was spending too much on what I got, exspecially when my tolerance was high.
As for effects, short term memory for sure but i also lost interest in just about most things, the concept of "fun" became distant because I was high so often.

nice digits Sup Forumsro. i was in high school and selling a lot, making quite a bit of money and with that came a pretty shitty attitude that included thinking i could smoke like a rapper and still function at 100%..... i didn't really think about the amount i was smoking because i was a depressed little faggot that used weed to fill that void. also smoking that much was the only thing that kept people coming around me cus everyone is your friend when you let them smoke your weed

Day after day after day......

How do you get into selling to highschool kids? How should you approach them from experience?

Suspicious question "user"....

a near daily smoker for a few months (went through .5-1 gram a day on average, more if i was with other ppl) and i started smoking regularly last year. i personally haven't noticed any major psychological side effects. i cough fairly often though (i blame gravity bongs) and the upper range of my singing voice has suffered. my girlfriend has started smoking recently too and she says it fucks with her memory.

if your memory is shit like mine in the first place you'll be fine, but if you have a relatively normal memory it'll probably fuck with it a little bit.

Okay. Hypothetically speaking, how would one approach highschoolers who are 18+ to see if they want to get medicated. Happy m8?

Ayyyy have smoked weed for the better part of 10 years now, pretty much almost every day.

I work as a software engineer and only really started to notice the chronic effects when i started working 6 months ago (graduated in Jul/16)...

I feel like weed has made me into a 'stoner' even when i'm not smoking, i forget shit a lot, etc... I don't think I regret it though because without weed I don't think I'd be a software engineer earning decent money.

dont waste your time dude.... nothing good comes out of it, you'll end up spending all the money you make and then when you get arrested you'll have no friends to hangout with

I mean if you got a good hook up for clean MDMA and good weed, would it still be worth it? All tracks could be covered right? What if one was to proxy sell through a highschooler? I'm sure it'd be easy side money.

but i guess "hypothetically" (if you want to end up being a fucking loser) just go to parties and smoke there, other people get in to it then and they'll start coming to you for it... its like freemium games: you give it out for free and a small fraction of the users will bring you their money and those are the ones you capitalize on

definitely fucks with my memory but really helps concentrate on specific things double edge sword my friend

no it would not be worth it. no all tracks can not be covered. and no you can't "proxy" sell through a high schooler.... 95% of high school kids will turn on you when they get in a jam. do your thing but if you really think you can sell weed and molly to high schoolers without getting caught then you're going to have a really tough time in jail

Nah that's too weird being way older than these kids and partying with them. Does chilling by your sports car next to the highschool smoking a blunt work?

Yeah I suppose. Selling to adults at a club would be less risky.

While you smoke: kinda stupid
When you sober up: back to being whatever you were before

This isn't news.

Wanna see drugs fuck someone's brain up? Hang out with a huffer or some shit, that stuff actually does kill brain cells.

how old are you?? if you're "way older" than high school kids then why the fuck would you want to be involved with them in any way?

I've smoked more than most, so my opinion matters more. In my experience Weed dumbs you down when your stoned, but thats the point; to enter a fun and childlike state. It can alsoleas to anti intellectual pursuits, but so can many things. However weed does open the mind to ideas and feelings.

I think marginally it can lower intelligence but the mind expanding properties out weigh this effect. Unless you're stoned 24/7 then it probably is dumbing you down to some extent.

my memory andfocus is fucked

i fucked my brain up completely on weed

Smoking since I am 16. Now I am 32 years old developer who leads a small team of developers in my company. I can remember more information then all of my workmates together. I even smoke regularly while having a break. No problem with long term memory, but sometimes problems with the short memories. Don't know if that wouldn't occure if I didn't smoke so much.

Yeah but when you smoke for a year straight, that year is imbedded in you. And it becomes the new you. So when you sober up the reference point your mind has is still the dumbed down you.

That's why it's good to take breaks.

Ez suburban money. Live by a rich private school. When I say rich I mean mommy make me famous by paying an agency to take me in rich.

Made my short term memory shot and after i stopped smoking realize they werent wrong about like 70% of what they said about weed o.o the years i spent smoking feel like wasted time

>male 22

You can forget trivial things like whether you talked to that guy about that thing or some other thing like that, but you won't forget essential shit like not to walk over a street without looking for incoming cars.

No it wouldn't occur.

A break and healthy eating could reverse that.

also if you're "way older" than high school kids then the $10 you're going to make off them buying a gram of weed with their parents money is not worth the thousands in court/lawyer fees its going to cost to get you out of a jam. i can tell that you haven't put much thought into this... i sold to high school kids WHILE I WAS IN high school... not after
think big picture dude, weed money is slow. if you're even considering selling weed to kids then its safe to assume that you still live with your parents, in which case you should get a job and start building credit because cash won't take you very far anyway

i smoke regularly but am on a break at the moment. Im a senior developer at my company and have found that my co-workers who have nver touched weed have terrible short term memory. i think memory is affected by every day house hold things like various foods / alcohol.

you describe myself at 21, i am now 24.
you do have friends, they are just living their own ives and in the mean time you may as well strive to do something AS WELL as smoking weed i.e. career, long-term art project.
It will become supplementary to a worthwhile life rather than 'taking over' as some people describe.

Edgy AND depress faggot, well done u autistic shithole

Got a job. Just looking to invest the money. Stocks don't have a quick enough turnaround. Just contemplating the thought for now and asking experts of their advices.

It's simple your just a faggot

from personal experience, this is my consensus:

smoking every once in a while is fine. aboslutely fine.

smoking every day is rough and should probably not be done.

smoking multiple times a day is a sign that you should distance yourself for at least a while.

of course, it all depends on the person and how easily you falter to addiction and loss of self-control, but this is my personal opinion.

i DO have friends but they're all turning in to me at that age (smoking weed and playing video games all day) so i have no interest in being around them anymore
thanks for the (You) i guess??

Daily weed smoker for about 3 years. I'm high now. I think its definitely made me a little slower, but I dont think its had any effect on my intelligence. I still kick ass at Jeopardy. Physically everything has just sort of slowed down in a way, like my movements and speech. My mind still races though, which is why I smoke really. I'm a manic person.

Smoke asap, its fun af

I smoked everyday for the last 2 and a half years, mainly spliffs so i don't smoke a lot of weed, but i don't think that it has affected my memory and life much. I only forget about things when i'm high, i don't see any long term effect.
But that's because i've always had a good memory, i in fact believe that weed has different effects in each person (excluding the damage that is done to lungs and such).

I'm also high right now

you retard. sell to your friends during highschool, when you finish their younger siblings will get off you, meet their friends and continue the cycle for years. I dealt to 3 private and 3 pubic high schools for 7 years, a youth hostel, 2 nightclubs and of course to randoms out of my front door which eventually got police attention onto me and here we are now with me living 3 states away.

Yeah but I keep relapsing.

It's hard. I'm trying again though wish me luck :)

Also I become schizo during withdrawals, tough stuff.

This took me about 5 minutes to write

you retard. sell to your friends during highschool, when you finish their younger siblings will get off you, meet their friends and continue the cycle for years. I dealt to 3 private and 3 pubic high schools for 7 years, a youth hostel, 2 nightclubs and of course to randoms out of my front door which eventually got police attention onto me and here we are now with me living 3 states away.

Was ist ein Kiffer?

Ein Kiffer ist jemand, der im Leben nichts erreicht hat und weiterhin nichts erreichen wird. Das Highlight an einem Tag eines kiffenden Hurensohns ist sich den „Blunt“ anzuzünden und sich die Birne zuzudröhnen. Dadurch schaltet dieser alle Schuldgefühle und Gewissensbisse für einen gewissen Zeitraum aus und sitzt nichts machend herum. Nachdem die Wirkung verschwindet fängt er wieder an über sein misslungenes Pennerleben nachzudenken. Das will der Hurensohn natürlich wieder unterdrücken und kifft weiter.

Alternative Worterklärung zu „Kiffer“:
Jemand der seine eigene Mutter fickt/vergewaltigt.
Beispiel:
Person A: „Hey Mathias, lass ma Kiffen.“
Person B: „Nein danke, meine Mutter ist keine Hure und ich will keine gescheiterte Existenz sein.“
Person A: „Haa! ´Was ein Loser, du hast doch kein Plan vom Leben. Heute müsste mein Hartz IV überwiesen worden sein. Ab zum Dealer und danach gehe ich meine Mutter ficken.“

Nur weil der Kiffer seine eigene Mutter fickt heisst es nicht, dass er hetero ist. Es kommt sehr oft vor, dass Kiffer anderen Dealern einen blasen und deren Sperma schlucken.

weed addiction is all in the head. i stopped smoking completely and within 2 weeks i had no desire to smoke anymore- i even started hating the smell and sound of stoners

kills your ability to think quickly, especially in technically challenging discussions. if you're in tech I'd suggest you keep it to the weekends or not at all.

I'd expect to not sell out of your place. Too risky. I suppose being the small fish isn't worth it. Buying wholesale and getting rid of it asap would be the best turnaround. Cocaine/MDMA is harder to find a bulk supplier.

fuck you stoners

You need to get better friends and stop being a faggot. Maybe move, you can't blame too much on the weed when you live in a shit place with shit people.

>calls other people retarded
>double posts
stoner detected

Everything was bright and shiny.

I was just scared of fucking up.

Over the years I've stopped smoking from time to time either because I couldn't locate any cannabis or because I was curious if I was missing anything be being high so much of the time.

What I found was that when I'm out of cannabis, little things are more annoying. Relentlessly so. One of the great things about weed is that it can so easily break the grip of a shitty day. Nothing changes, except for your attitude.

I've never noticed any effect on my intelligence or my ability to process information.

I'd much rather have it than to not have it.

Like this here ancient Chink poem puts it:

Last night along the river banks
The floods of Spring have risen.
Great warships and huge barges
Float as lightly as feathers.
Before, nothing could move them from the mud.
Today they swim with ease in the swift current.

Chu Hsi (1130-1200)

This, people can quit when they want.

Nah. You're not trying. I was there. Done that. Also thought I was schizo(only under drugs was I schizo). I literally just went broke and couldn't buy anymore. 3 months after and I was clean for now. I'm just abstaining from that life as I know I'll get hooked again.

Yeah it is. But I had an easier time quitting coke than weed.

Addiction is an addiction, wether its physical or not.

And withdrawals are def real.
But I'm talking Chief keef type of shit

fuck you, stoners

Yeah I smoke weed...And I'm thick as Shit!

If your in the Florida area I we could work something out. I'm in high school sell make a pretty penny need Mdma and more weed to increase profits

Was just a few occasions but scary still, because you are afraid that you are going to be permanently screwed.

I'm ok now though. Just very depressed which makes drugs very appealing now and then.

im not sure i understand what faggot means anymore. I've been called a faggot 3 times on this thread (I'm assuming its the same person) but isn't there a better, more fitting word to use?? eg. retard, bum, burnout... any of those would make more sense

I started smoking when I was 13 and I think it made me smarter. I can think on multiple levels now and people just can't match my intellect

/thread
tippy top kek

Faggot...

no green no blue no red not even yellow for this shit

#FAKENEWS

I'm in the Midwest. Good bud is always "dropping" by me. MDMA is through a hook up. How long you've been hustling?

I've actually suffered with psychosis from smoking weed and wax some people can smoke it all there life some people can't

How's that funny I'm being swrious

indeed i initially stated you DO. fucking loser put your bong down and learn how to read is a good start.
what you describe is not your friends being immature, even though thats what it seems to you.
it is actually your friends being into the same shit as you (surprise surprise), but you're so deep in your ego-trip like you're some wise man you reckon it justifies looking down at your friends for acting like you!
fuck get a grip, man. Only reason i'm even typing this shit is cos I've had friends institutionalised in psych hospitals, locked up in jail etc all because they built this idea of themselves in their head which is actually at odds with reality.

fuck all stoners

Quit being a weak faggot. Go get a job, go back to school or work out to fuck bitches. Preoccupation bitch.