clyp.it/fgrijkk1
clyp.it/nkhreeao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice, subtle. I can dig it.

How DO I start learning guitar?

>untrimmed strings

I was about to do
be nice to /gg/rimes edition

rec me a fuzz pedal that isnt a big muff but isnt some gay boutique shit that's $150+

We're all so very upset it didn't work out.
NOT

Boss Metal Zone

blow me

lol

Alright, I have to go take a shower and go see my grandma in the hospital. Hopefully I'll be back later tonight.

It's Wednesday so NOVA comes on at 9:00 so maybe not. Depends of if it's shit or not.

I get so much dick recommending that pedal

Nobody cares you anime posting waste of carbon.

y'all niggas don't even love jesus

getting this printed on a t-shirt now

original
clyp.it/eft1chy4

note-for-note cover
55chan.org/mu/src/1493835277025-1.ogg

cover's isolated lead for better appreciation
55chan.org/mu/src/1493835277025-0.ogg

fuck off samuel

I bet if there was some pussy on the line you would play guitar on stage wouldn't you /gg/

You deserve (You)s so little, I'm actually going to give you a reverse one essentially making you give me one.
(noY) ㄣϛ699ϛᄅㄥ

how come that's a reverse (you), it is not

Apparently Sup Forums doesn't like the upside down Y character.
Y

Make it boy poochy and get back to me

>Gets beaten to death
What did he mean by this

Ultem is the best pick material. Anyone still using delrin, nylon, celluloid, polycarbonate, etc. is being left in the dust of the pick revolution. Expensive boutique shit doesn't matter, and metal picks are bad for your strings and finish, so they're only for madmen and hard cunts.

>Squire

Hmmmm

How did you end up on deep internet being so old and why you keep coming here as you aren't a internet addict fuckup millenial

i come back after a year and see this
go outside u fucking losers

Metal picks are bad for the strings? I still didnt break any string since i started using this metal pick

/gg/ is full of homos and fags

70's guitar heroes used nylon Herco picks so i dont need a different pick

You want me to bring my guitar outside? I don't play acoustic, so I'd need to lug around a small amp. I don't own a travel amp. What if I wanted to play bass? Are you going to help me move my fucking 4x15 cabinet just to "go outside"? Fuck off, guitar isn't really an "outside" activity.

>metal picks are bad for your strings and finish, so they're only for madmen and hard cunts.
You've convinced me user.

every day theres someone coming back after years

>I don't play acoustic, so I'd need to lug around a small amp
not playing acoustic is no reason for pride, you are in shame by saying this

also
>he doesnt have a micro vox amp

that is some fat tone
fat
greasy
meaty
mean
badass
,tone

What brand is it? If it has a good bevel, it should glide right over the strings. The ones I've used (Ice Pix copper flex and Dava Master Control with a nickel tip) chewed up the winding on my wound strings

>implying i dont

I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed either. Acoustic guitar just isn't for me. There's nothing wrong with sticking to either.

What, did you time travel from the 70s or something?

Pic related

Alice.
Idk what type of bevel youre refering to as "good bevel", the metal pick i have probably doesnt have it, cause i felt it scratching on the wound strings. What did i do? Fix my technique to have the pick paralell with the strings. Now it doesnt scratch n cut the winding anymore.
What did happen to the winding on your strings?

yes

You'd better have a brass nut and a brass sustain block drilled into the body underneath the tailpiece, too. If you don't, you literally have no sustain and you're a huge pleb and Carlos Santana is going to come to your house and shit on your driveway

sustain block on a les paul? does it even exist or ur just memeing?
>brass nut
no, ace frehley didnt like the sound of it when they put one on his guitar

Please recommend easy-intermediate classical pieces that are fun to play.

Recently mastered Pachelbel's Canon in D

Bach's Bouree in E Minor
youtube.com/watch?v=jKSg8t4zyLg

Ave Maria (any non-tremolo version)

where's daddy froosh :3

you should be ashamed if you can't play an acoustic (i.e. shitty sloppy player)

Holy shit, I forgot how depressing is not being able to learn a song.

>WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT I BOUGHT FROM YOU OVER A WEEK AGO??? STILL HAVEN'T FOUND THE TIME TO DRAG YOUR LAZY ASS TO THE POST OFFICE HUH?

Some literal Jew sent me a broken pedal today. Shit pissed me off.

anyone here can do that fast picking

youtu.be/ffHWv3JfIrE

she is such a poser

you know she put all those stickers on that guitar like last week after looking at all the 'cool punk kid' guitar players that did that when they were 12

I sold a keyboard to a literal jew at Christmas. She low balled me on an already heavily under market price I had but it was Christmas so I figured what the hell, Ill sell it for that price.

>no good deed goes unpunished

literal jew made up some shit about a complete non-issue that was easily remedied, which I did, she asked for 50% of the price paid back for a tiny inconsequential part that was cosmetic that cost less than 10 cents to replace...I wound up replacing this shit for her and then she started making up other shit, when asked for video proof she stopped pestering reverb and me but then left me a nasty review like 2 months later

I looked her up shes some SJW dork that was in pitchfork and Vice and shit

cunt

(pol is literally always right)

not saying that is not difficult, cuz it is, but it also sounds more impressive than it is

fingerpicking is generally like that where it sounds pretty mindblowing but once you start getting some muscle memory in your picking fingers it becomes a lot less mystical to how many notes get put out

the fretting hand is generally pretty lazy in this this stuff

actually pol is an illiterate guy and quite leftist

what a cunt, I hate people like that.

This guy had the most stereotypical Jewish name that when I first saw it I thought "shit i'm gonna get fucked over" and I wasn't wrong. At least he's being cool about returning it , but that could just be a Jewish trick so I'm still vigilant.

cool, how do i pick fast like that? just 2 fingers doing it fast?

>try to copy ace frehley
>people thnk im another jimmy page copy cat
>even guitar teacher thinks i'm emulating jimmy page hardly and start teaching using zeppelin songs as examples
top kek

I play clean as fuck, nerd. Your accusation is baseless and moronic.

>he can't play acoustic
what a fucking nerd. what you gonna say next? you play cleanly on 8 gauge strings? a-ha-ha.. a-ha-hahahahahahaahaaaaaaa

>pentatonics and heavy riffs arent sensible enough
what do now

Ibanez Artist guitars from the 70s had a thick brass block underneath the tailpiece. They had such a hard-on for brass that they made a solid brass guitar. I don't think anybody actually did it to a Les Paul.
As for the brass nut, I don't see how it would affect tone, other than brighter open strings. Maybe the extra mass affects the particulate neutron diuretic frequencies and disturbs the quantum foam, oscillating the greater and lesser expectorant waves.

nut does affect the sound of fretted notes also

I do, in fact, play cleanly on 8s. I use 9s nowadays, but 8s are great. It's like there's not even any strings.

>not rocking out on the air guitar
Step up your game senpai.

y-you use sissy babby strings. you can't play a fat thick acoustic.

Citation needed

citation: (I)

anyone ever plugged a guitar to an old valve radio

Pretty sure Al di Meola had a beard at 12

fuck off samuel

>metal picks are bad for your strings and finish, so they're only for madmen and hard cunts.

tru

clyp.it/fgrijkk1
hash tag: wrecked

wow you can play user
even better than me... just wow
very good im really impressed, thumbs up

is that a 12 string

Maybe

Sounds good, user

It really helps to have long finger nails on the fingers you plan to use for picking

I think classical guys will often use four or all five fingers on their picking hand

folky/country/jazzy/rockabilly stuff (travis picking) usually uses a thumb pick and one or two fingers

It took me about a month of playing with a thumb pick before I could do anything with it, after about two months I could pick single note lines with the thumb pick better than a normal pick, and I've been using normal pick technique for about 10 years.

Then you can just make up picking patterns based on permutations of orders of the fingers picking. And you do that watching TV or something and build up muscle memory, pretty soon you can make some really interesting stuff that it just piling out notes on the guitar with minimal fretting hand effort and the picking hand is kind of on autopilot

to me it is so much more fun to finger pick stuff now than play in a more traditional rock sense of chords and single note lines. Whenever I did that it never sounded like music unless I was playing with a band. Finger picking sounds like actual music on its own.

why you said you dont play acoustic and dont have one

I keep my nails short and play classical with the flesh of my fingertips and it works fine--doesn't have to be nails. Then again I'm more of a piano player than a guitarist so I can't have long nails, and I don't playing bass with nails either.

because I hate it and I don't want to talk about it

I don't really play classical but I do some fingerpicking stuff
1-2mm long seems to be the sweet spot for nail lenght, it's enough to get some percussiveness and still be able to use the flesh of your fingertip if you want a smoother sound.

can any identify the pedal up there next to the white Boss tuner?

Metal zone

If you're blind, how do you post on Sup Forums?

If you're retarded how do you play guitar?

Wait, nevermind, probably the only instrument you could grasp.

You say Gibson, I say gibshit
You say Fender, I say fendurr
You say PRS, I say pos
You say Schetter, I say shitter
You say Ibanez, I say ibenhad
You say Jackson, I say jack shit
You say Dean, I say meme
You say Strandberg, I say Grandsperg
You say Yamaha, I say yamahahahaha
You say Agile, I say fragile
You say SX, I say sux
You say Alembic, I say anemic
You say Campelone, I say forever alone
You say Thomas Humphrey, I say thomas hump fag
You Say Warmoth, I say woll smoth
You say Warwick, I say warshit
You say Epiphone, I say epiphoney
You say Gretsch, I say retch
You say BC Rich, I say greasey shit
You say acoustic, I say acute shit
You say Washburn, I say washed up
You say Rickenbacker, I say Rickensucker
You say Chapman, I say chappedass
You say Squier, I say get the hell out of my face kid
95% of kids these days wouldn't know a good guitar if it bit them on the ass

If you're in the 5% that isn't retarded respond saying "we love charvel"

moar

what is your problem with acoustics user

Nice quads, but no
I can actually express myself on electric. I'm not limited by the instrument. Plus, most of the music I like is played on electric guitar.

>no
:(
I enjoyed your playing and I would like to hear something played with your itty bitty 8 strings pls

Electric is a different story. One shitty song, coming right up.

quads asked, quads got it

clyp.it/nkhreeao

Yes it made mustard gas

Thank you user.
I like these little sessions by anons for anons. I did it twice and it's always fun. Now I must bit thee farewell.

>bit

Yes, but I snapped a valve base off then poked the fuse down my dickhole

Rate my Ikea pedalboard. Everyone recommends the Grom unit, but the Applaro one is much nicer.
Still need velcro/pedalboard tape. Not sure if pedalboard tape is a meme or not though.