What has Sup Forums done about having an absolute terrible professor?

What has Sup Forums done about having an absolute terrible professor?

It's incredibly hard to want to put effort into this course feeling like I'm getting robbed of ~$8,000

On top of that, he's got a huge ego

Just ask "what exactly am I paying for." Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll respect your honesty.
Too late to transfer/drop?

Nah won't work on him. He doesn't give a fuck. And much too late to drop

You haven't realized your wasting all of your tuition, not just for this class.

Sounds like you could use an English course or two

What subject? Terrible how?

Could you take it up with the chancellor/advisor? Do any of your classmates share your sentiments?
Otherwise I'd recommend learning what you can, passing the course, and forgetting about it.

find tutoring for free, usually in library there are study groups you can join. all you need to do is pass the class so you don't have to deal with the professor again and remember the name so you can avoid his/her classes in future since you know their style
i'm assuming by terrible you mean can't understand the material because they are bad at teaching it

Study harder. I've graduated from two colleges in my years, and I always see the same thing. The students who complain about the professors are always the fucking dumbest students. Everyone always wants to be the victim. You need to start gangbangin them books little man. The world isn't ever going to do you any favors.

Advanced thermodynamics II, one of my final engineering courses.

He can't teach for shit, spends the whole two hour period maybe doing one example problem, explaining it terribly, berating the whole class for not doing well on tests (almost everyone has failed both tests we've taken), someone asks any question and he goes off on a tangent about how they are wrong

It's ridiculous. He's also always late to class, but then if someone comes in late he spends the rest of the class making an example of them.

At my uni, he's the professor that everyone, including other professors in the engineering department, advises you to avoid. Unfortunately I got stuck with him.

Also, he's foreign and mumbles half the shit he says.

Tutoring doesn't exist, I'm a 5th year. There's no one above us

The "dumbest students" are the top of our class who are suddenly getting 50s on tests

Research university?

Held a petition

Didn't go much further

It's a fucking post on Sup Forums.

then suck it up

It's a fucking weed-out course. I've experienced a few of those. Every program has those to get RID of you. Study HARDER. No one wins from complaining. What are you, a SJW?

Sounds like you're not in the USA. Good luck m8, study in the US next time.

Well my sister just wrecks her dumb liberal professor in class every day over and over again, records all her private conversations with him and compares all her grading to other students with similar quality work to ensure he's not fucking her over.

She even got the dean involved,talking about "diversity of information" and shit,they're all afraid of her now lol

Helps she got two conservative tenured professors behind her back, and she did film him being aggressive with her once, almost threatening her.

Yes

That's what the class plans to do after the semester ends

No, we've already had those. My major started with 160 kids now we're 31

Yes in US, kind of shit tier school though

In the US? Sorry about the school being shitty, but then again I guess you knew you were going to a shit tier school. There's nothing you can do except independent studying. If you have a book, memorize every concept it has. Don't use the teacher as an excuse for you being unable to understand something if you have the textbook. Just fucking read it. Over and over and over again.

Yeah, that's fucking normal. In my first college, it started with roughly 200 students. By the final year, it ended up being 20-30. I'm really not trying to bust your balls here dude, but you have to fucking deal with it. Whiners will always lose.

> (You) #
>Yes
If prof gets grants, totally untouchable, regardless of teaching disasters.

What does the class cover?

I appreciate it boys. It's just fucking annoying. It'd be fine if he wasn't a hypocrite and I wasn't wasting thousands of dollars

Mostly heat exchanging between fluids with unknown areas of contact

Free boundary problems are serious.

Yeah, and it sucks because I am interested and do my own research, but then it comes to tests and he drops concepts that weren't even on the homework