I'm your host Alcibiades, here's to a good day Sup Forums

I'm your host Alcibiades, here's to a good day Sup Forums.

>Have fun
>Ask questions
>Give advice
>Have conversations

Op here claiming id

>Never, Reimu won't notice you she's just toying with you out of pity.

Reimu isn't like that

I do consider myself one, and I suppose 1 out of 6 isn't too bad. Anyway, what was your coding thing for?

-Al

Chek'd

Mantis

Still here

Hello

-Sweet Roll

Hey Mantis, how are you?

Sup Sweet Roll, what's going on?

-Al

Why do you love guys? what drives you to love?

It wasn't anything difficult - I wasn't sure what he wanted, turned out it was a simple import and reformat dbase to text, even a lowly data analyst like me can manage. I was mostly just worrying because I'm a worrier and didn't know what he wanted.

Can you speak greek?

i am extremely tempted to take it. less money sure but i dont want money to hoard it but to be able to live comfortably and experience shit. this is chance to do that but at same time will be going from easy going life to hard working life. like going from retail to firefighter
i just dont have anyone to really talk to to think it through. sounds dumb but sometimes just takes talking about it to get the answer you want

Of course, I am Greek after all

I don't think I could do that with that coding language, but I'm pretty sure I could do it, it might just take me some time. I think worrying about things is fine as long as you don't panic over it.

-Al

What is this? Do I like sign my posts with a name or something?

You don't have to, but for the regulars, they usually use images or names to help identify people. Anons are welcome too and actually probably more interesting than the regulars. What's up?

-Al

Nothing much, I was supposed to go to class, but my face hurts after laser. I was told it is supposed to hurt, but it really hurts on sensitive white skin.

Well, I had been annoyed by something for quite some time before reimus thread started

And a little while after my first post, it came back, which not only made me grumpier, but it also prevented me from responding to any replies

So I tried posting again, to no luck. So I sat through the thread waiting for whatever pickings of conversation I could get (Which wasn't fruitful) until second thread, this one

So I'm currently simmering with grouchiness

That is what is going on

-Sweet Roll

See it as a new chapter in your life, as a chance of growing more as a person. You can't really expect to do the same thing for the rest of your life, besides, after yhe contract ends maybe you could go back into your current job. You should really think about it but personally I feel you should go and play it safe.
Laser?

If somebody calls you a τσαπερδοκολονοσφυρίχτρα, how would you reply (in greek)?

Hm, why did they have to laser your face? That is if you don't mind talking about it of course.

What started the grouchiness? Just being tired and work to do, etc, or something that happened today?

-Al

That was exactly my thought - once you hit a certain income, the money becomes more and more meaningless, so why not choose the comfort and adventure with the offer you have. You said it was the same field right, and less money? But still harder? Why's that, just the difference in hours?
Once you know one procedural oriented language, you know them all, or so I hear. I also hear you're a coding whiz-kid, so yes, I bet you could manage!

Είμαι απασχολημένος, αφήστε με μόνο μου

Not a coding whiz-kid, but I'm interested and have played around with it. Nowhere near to the point I could go through if I got some actual schooling but I don't have the time right now.

-Al

I got laser on my face because of facial hair and things. They were super dark, so I got laser to permanently remove it. My skin is amazing because of it, but my neck is vaporized.

I have a french philosophy teacher that taught us about him. aren't you one?

So you think it went well and you like how you are now? If so, that's really good. Were you self-councious about this one.

I am not a French philosophy teacher

-Al

Top of the post

It was just something personal

and annoying

Just something to do with someone who's skull is as dense as a neutron star when it comes to being told to stop

and then returning for a second time

and the effects of that ruining my experience for today's thread(s)

-Sweet Roll

I see. I hope you feel better by the time Friday's thread rolls around. Maybe you'll be able to enjoy them then.

I meant to ask if you were self conscious about it before getting a laser to the face. Guess my mind just began to wander, sorry.

-Al

it would have been a coincidence to find a teacher on Sup Forums KEK

I definitely was self-concious, I wouldn't even go camping because I was always thinking that somehow these black hairs were just setting off signals to my classmates.

It's a lot better now, I don't see any growth at all and it's been a few days. So it's like it was never there to begin with. Just for whatever reason my neck is upset with the treatment. So I did a few searches, and found lotion that would help.

I thought I would just stay in rather than push myself to attend class with red bumps all over my neck. Looks like itch swelling redness I could wear a scarf, but it irritates it so why bother right?

thanks for advice it's helped me think clearer on what i wanna do
yea same field. currently what i do is drive to canada and pick up lots of weed and drive it back. 4 and half days travel total(at least that's all i get paid for) and i do hat once a month. job offer is to do security for a facility in japan. it'll be more hours since different form of security work.

Vaporized? Are you a head? Like, a dullahan or something now?

Hahaha! I would not have gotten that reference if not for Ragnarok Online. The lasers vaporize the hair on my neck, so it's super irritated puffy and scratchy. It's like having poison ivy.

I'm really glad I could be of help user, maybe you could come and tell me how have you been some time from now, no? That is if I haven't walked into traffic yet of course.

A shame I could not have given you keks. My sincerest apologies

I suppose so. Are you ordering the lotion online and having it shipped to you?

Like poison ivy you say? That sounds terrible.

-Al

Most of the people I've worked with actually picked up their skills through hobby coding at home, although school tends to tighten up the loose ends.

Seems like there's never enough time to get everything I'd like to get done, but here we are talking to strangers on an anonymous image board, such is life.

Wow, sounds like both jobs have the potential for adventure. Does the driving get monotonous? 4 and a half days a work a month sounds like a great amount of downtime, I can see why switching to a more full-time job would make you hesitant.

This is my break from everything. From cooking, to cleaning, to messing with my stocks, to working on making sure all my skills are still in shape, to exercising, to work, to my hobbies (like my paper) and then to sleep. Then I wake up and do it all over again. These threads give me a break.

-Al

The job is unstable, anti-drug laws could fuck anonymous over.
Lmao, I really liked Ragnarok, which I knew what the fuck I had to do and not gotten stuck doing god knows what.

Fortunately my mom is out as we speak getting the lotion from the drugstore here. It's supposed to help with the redness and itchiness. It's because the laser burns the wall inside the folical to stop it from growing ever again, that it is really intense on my skin. I also agreed to the most aggressive setting. (I was eager to get rid of it all in one go).

It is definitely comparable to poison ivy, I used to get poison ivy almost every summer when I lived in Virginia.

YES! So true, I would just farm and spam kill enemies. Usually I chose a card that I needed and just farmed until I got the card. Then I would move on to the next card I needed. Rinse and repeat, until I was max level.

Oddly there is a story, but one has to talk to the NPCs all around the towns, and in the areas to learn it. There are drops and things that have writing on it too. It was my first MMO and I thought it was the most genius thing getting to play with people all around the world.

Hey Neptune, I've got to step out for about 5 minutes to make a call, if any more anons come in can you take care of them for me until I come back?

I've had poison ivy before. Not too often because I was usually careful enough to spot it, but I can't imagine having it on my neck, that would be really painful.

-Al

Normally, just letting the anger burn out helps

I'm normally not the kind of guy who stays angry at someone or something for an extended period

But I think for this one person's sake, I might eventually make an exception, and stick with it

Of course, that's only if my best method for dealing with anger does not work in cases revolving around this someone

-Sweet Roll

I differ from that, i bet my ass Reimu already knows who you are, she won't say anything because she doesn't want to hurt you.

If you take longer I'll just bail out.
I didn't even knew how to set it up.

Better this than heroin I suppose!

Do you do a lot of day trading with your stocks? I invest, but keep everything in indexed funds and keep them untouched, always wondered if I'm missing out on returns.

Agreed, seems like everyone is in all-in on user taking the job and moving

When choking during sex choke the sides of the neck to cut off blood flow dont actually murder choke her

Hey Al!
I'm at work. Easier night than Monday, when we had the snowstorms an all..

I usually got it because I like camping and hiking, and despite being shown it I still managed to find my way to it. I've had it on my neck once when my ex's dog jumped up and touched his paw to my neck after having run through the leaves. It is the most irritating thing ever, and this laser feeling is similar. Where I live now there is no such plants that irritate the skin save for stinging nettle, but those are so obvious even I can see them.

It's super hard to set up! I had it go wrong a lot before I had someone come over and set it up for me. I to this day couldn't tell you how he did it.

Loneliness.

Chek'd
Won't cutting off the blood flow to her brain kill her almost instantly?

I guess that's a way to deal with it. I usually go let it out by boxing or just taking a shower to calm down. That usually helps me the most

No problem, I'm back already.

No, I don't do a lot of day trading, but I have a friend who has recommended some before and he's usually right so I've jumped on those, but other than that, I don't do much at all.

How did it go up there? I heard it was really bad on the news.

I can see just stumbling into some poison ivy if you aren't paying attention and having some fun. Stinging nettle is really easy to see. Do you still go hiking and camping a lot?

-Al

ah... that's good advice, mister moonman. I never actually knew how choking during sex worked.

i have no intention of giving up internet overseas so i'll be on here from time to time and if i see thread i'll give update incase you are around, post some pics of area and stuff
driving is a pain only when i get to border and have to go through customs for both cargo and weapons. usa is nice guns and WHAT IS THIS WEED while canada is that's some nice weed and HOLY CRAP WHY DO YOU HAVE A ASSAULT GEAR.
i do other scuba diving work on side but generally yea i do have a lot of down time
i'm pretty certain i am gonna take the job after talking about it a bit. would be flying out in june so i could do current job up till may

I do, not so much camping but that will change after the laser sessions. I went camping last year and a guy made a comment on the hair on my face.

I love hiking a lot, I like testing my feet on different terrains, I desperately want to try a desert hike.

I don't pay attention, I get easily distracted and look up too much when I walk next thing I know my legs have come in contact. It doesn't help that I have a camera stuck to my face most of the time too.

Do you camp, hike and stuff?

No user... no. Should've payed attention to biology class in school.
Actually, it was the same for me.
Ok! I'll remember you, alright?

If anything went wrong I was basically boned from having a chance to play. Even though they were shouting at me to update my client... however the heck you do that. MMOs nowadays are so much easier to manage.

I absolutely love hiking and camping. Desert hiking and camping are so much fun, because its a completely different experience than when you go to a forest. I really like the mountains too. I absolutely adore rock climbing.

-Al

We got less snow than the East Coast, but we got some heavy Lake Effect, which caused temporary White Out Conditions.
Here in The Yard, there is an enormous snow blower we call Air Force One that is used to clear switches and rail.
As luck would have it, nobody put any wheels on the ground... this time.

Well, at least that means there were no accidents. You got me to chuckle at Air Force One. I don't live in a place with a lot of snow, but I'll be going to one with next month and I actually really like the cold.

-Al

I'm going to go for now, not feeling too well.

That is cool that you went desert hiking! I am desperately wanting to try. I did snowshoeing up in the mountains and lived in a small cabin this winter. It was the best life! I could live like that all winter if I were allowed. I like the idea of sitting around the fire and telling stories while it's super cold outside.

I don't know if I could rock climb very well I'm kind of weak. If I knew I was 100% safe I would try it though. They had ice climbing at a ski resort but I was too afraid to climb it.

Get well soon! Drink ginger tea if you have it

I paid attention in Criminology.
Colin Pitchfork murdered his victims in exactly this way.

What sucks about my method is that it's the only one I can do

Also, it might not be the best way in the long run for pent up anger, which, if some from my past hasn't gone, would add to a fuckton more of it

It also somewhat feels like giving in, which doesn't feel all that well

I think I'm almost done getting through it, I normally measure it in how I feel on my brow

-Sweet Roll

Alright, cya next time.

If you can, do a lot of beach running before going desert hiking. It lets you get the leg strength to walk in the sand for a long time and probably the fastest way I can think of.

-Al

Well, as long as you deal with it in any way is better than letting it fester inside you.

-Al

Hmm, I will have to find a beach. I think the next time I am on the coast I will give it a try. I like the struggle snowshoeing gave. So if this is going to be a challenge too I'm excited for it.

But it is not instantly.

Ok bye this time.

Cold is doable if you have the right clothing and gear.
Same with snow.
If you are moving to Australia, Winter is just starting there.
Here, Opening Day for Major League Baseball is just a few weeks away..

Mantis

See ya, Nep.

good riddance

It's only really a challenge if you push yourself to make it really far in one day. The dunes can get pretty hard if you keep walking up and down them and they're pretty high, so I recommend walking through the ditches if possible.

Absolutely, I actually love the cold since I normally find it way too hot outside. The only thing I can't handle is if its quite a bit below freezing and there's some wind chill. Do you watch baseball a lot?

Goodnight again.

-Al

The dunes can be mountains themselves from what I saw in the prospective pictures. I will probably walk the ditches the first time I go out. Knowing the others I travel with they'll try to go for the hardest thing possible.

Have you done mountain climbing since you do rock climbing? Like all the way up the mountain?

Checked

Well, I might head off, things seem to be pretty slow, and I need to get some work done before tomorrow, I would've worked earlier, but the thread was going and I was grumpy, and the minimum mood for me to work well for what I do would be indifferent with just a teensy bit of grump in me

-Sweet Roll

I haven't had the chance to do any really tall ones, but I've done it before and its really fun. I usually free climb though, so it wasn't anything really difficult.

-Al

Goodnight, hope you can get your work done.

-Al

Oh okay, I don't have the upper body strength for it, but the girls who do it tell me to use my legs more. I'm a bit afraid of heights too. I blame my brother yelling "don't fall!" and shaking me whenever we hiked up a mountain and looked over it.

Where I am, it can get to 30°-40°F Below Zero with the Wind Chill Factor.
However, this winter has been milder than most.

And I do watch a lot of Baseball. I try to get to as many White Sox games as I can.

Mantis

I'm glad some of the grump is gone haha

Well, that would definitely do it, I was never scared of heights myself, so I guess that's just me.

I don't like baseball that much. I usually don't enjoy games that don't let the team on defense score.

-Al

That is awesome, is there anything you do fear?

I wish i was dead, i'm already a ghost anyway

Being blinded and starving to death in a damp cave surviving only by drinking water from moss and being slowly eaten alive by rats. Also being hungry.

Why do you say that?

-Al

You can't be a ghost, because I see you!

Impeccable logic.

-Al

Hehe that is very specific. That would definitely be frightening! I didn't know you could get water from moss.

Why Sir?

I was going to go with ghosts not being capable of typing, but maybe they invented ghost-enabled keyboards. Always play it safe.

KEK you never know! I wonder if a ghost can posses a keyboard and make it do it's bidding?

Well, if its a damp cave, water is going to be on the walls, and the moss does well to make a sponge for it and collect that water, so its better to suck on moss than lick the walls.

Ghost enabled keyboards are dangerous to all non ghosts by the way, don't try them.

New movie
>Poltergeist: Keyboard Warrior

-Al

Everyone is making their life, and i'm just sitting here, being a worthless piece of meat.

You see me because i showed me to you.

Refer to the first quote also i'm not good at anything, i'm ugly as fuck and people tends to run away from me, i wish i had someone to love or at least take care of. I haven't felt affection for anyone in years.

That sounds like a shitty B-movie that's probably already been made.

That is clever, I would be the idiot licking the walls. I usually don't hike without my friend Grant who knows all the survival stuff.

I would pay to see it.

I'm usually pretty isolated too. Where I work I just sit in the back doing inventory of stocking. I read books a lot at my job because customers don't really talk to me. I don't think i am ugly, just not approachable. Only my friends who knew me since highschool know that I am friendly.

These feelings come from a lot of rejection? or is it due to people seeing right through you as they pass as if you may as well be transparent?

So you feel like you're left behind because you think you're ugly and that people don't like you. So, why don't you just learn to make people like you? Social skills can be learned and taught just like anything else. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It helps a whole lot to be handsome, but even if you're ugly you can still make friends.

I always make shitty B movies. How are you doing tonight?

-Al

I've tried to use that excuse when I get too drunk, but nobody believes me!
That sounds like a challenge, currently searching Amazon.
Is there a reason you show yourself to me on Sup Forums but not others? Not being good at anything and people running away from you sound like significant oversimplifications!

Well, you pick up things when you go through survival training. I'd pay to make it if I had the money and the directing skills.

-Al

Don't try it, it can turn your fingers into ghostly fingers, and then you can only touch ghosts.

-Al

Feeling emotionally compromised and out of sorts. But we roll with these things. You?

I love B movies. The latest one I watched was Dark Harvest. It said on the back "It will scare the crop out of you." I cringed and laughed at the same time.

Haha I will believe you. You never know what those ghosties are up to these days.

Oh cool! They offer it here, but I never have the time. I want to try doing survival training this year though.

Please do if you don't find it on Amazon, who knows it could be one of those B movies that break out like the one with the birds that escapes me...

I'm feeling absolutely fine. Mind talking about why you feel so bad?

I love B movies too. That sounds bad and great at the same time, I'll have to check it out. Isn't the one with the birds just called The Birds? Isn't that a Hitchcock?

-Al

emotionally compromised in what way?

I've always wanted a qt3.14 ghost grill. Ectoplasm sounds hot, you're just making me more motivated to try it.
Ugh, that movie with all the birds in it...like it's famous for the birds it has...wtf is the name...

this is better than the other threads you actually are talking to people instead of ignoring