Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2rGbFhZrpk
youtu.be/LNZKqhXCv5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same.

edgelords, the seer isnt even that good. Listen to cop

I need to listen to something poppy in between the pretentious stuff

What is this thread about?
Are you serious? Are you joking? Are you baiting?

anyway heres some music 4 u youtube.com/watch?v=I2rGbFhZrpk

>not mixing it all in like a true patrician
heheh plebs :)

By listening to new Swans you aren't much better than people that listen to shallow pop music.
You're a little better though.

lmfao (laughing my fucking ass off)

Hi E

>I can never listen to that pop mainstream trash ever again

Good.

after discovering kpop i can no longer stand pretentious crap like swans

youtu.be/LNZKqhXCv5c

this shit is better than 99.99999% of music

Does anyone think that this album is mixed very poorly? It's my favourite Swans album, but man.

All music that is not classical or traditional folk is pop.

What does the Seer have over the best of original Swans?
Soundtracks for the Blind, for example, is godlike.

The Seer basically turns the occult dial up to 11. I love SFTB, but The Seer, as an album, has such a strong theme going that makes me enjoy it much more. The Seer sounds like being stuck in a village full of south-American satan worshippers who want to convert you to their religion. Soundtracks for the Blind never really evoked an image for me.

Sup Forums ruined swans for me

patrician

>good music isn't good anymore because some memesters on the internet memed about them

where should i start with swans? I was thinking of just going in order

catchy af

About to listen to The Seer in one sitting. What can I expect?

Graduated from normie pop trash to nu-male atonal trash, eh?

The seer return

To Be Kind or Greed

If you don't enjoy the heaviness then listen to The Great Annihilator or White Light

swans are mainstream tho

Soundtracks for the Blind is their masterpiece, and it's pretty diverse. Start there, then go back to Filth and Cop.

No, they really aren't. Swans are talked about a lot by people who are really interested in music, so you see them mentioned a lot here, but in terms of actual fan base, Swans is pretty minuscule. Unless you're one of those people who listens to 60s folk revival vinyl rips with less than 500 listens.

Soundtracks may be the single worst starting place of any band in music

y

It's insanely dense and is the logical conclusion to everything they did. It doesn't matter if it's the best.

It's like if you recommended Finnegans Wake to someone starting Joyce.

They are p4k darlings. Their last three albums are their most popular. They are fringe mainstream.

Actually it's pretty accessible. Length doesn't make the music challenging. Faust's s/t is more challenging than anything Swans could ever hope to do.

They have 95,000 listeners on Spotify. Im not sure if you realize how that is relative to other bands, but Captain Beefheart has 140,000 and CAN has 260,000.

That is correct

Faust isn't challenging, because there is nothing to understand.

This thread confirms Swans fans are as pretentious as Tool fans

U mean orchertral music right?
Because classical was just a period between romantic and baroque

Idiots who post this thinking they're enlightened need to die. Classical music (which is not all orchestral, you dumbfuck: Is a piece for solo violin orchestral? Dumb bitch.) is called such because the most important developments occured during the classical period and because many of the most famous composers (Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, etc.) belonged to the period.