Anxiety Thread

Anxiety Thread

How do i not give a fuck?

4mg ativan

Get off your PC and challenge yourself the whole day (work, college, etc) while you still feel anxiety. It will disappear in 3-4 months if you really struggle.

this, honestly.

problem is benzos are addictive and that can be an issue long term. you're better off getting on a decent SSRI that doesn't have too many (or any side effects) for you and just avoiding your anxiety triggers.

Think of someone that you're at ease with. A friend, or family member, then imagine everyone as being that person.

"Challenge yourself"? I get all my anxiety from performing in college, like presenting in-front of the class, like i ask my teachers not to make me. Makes me feel like shit, any suggestions for that?

Too hard for me, my mind races contently.

SSRI???

beta blockers + srri's

Practice. Practice on your own, then practice with a friend, then friends. Itl get easier and easier as the audience grows. Think of them as you're just talking to the person/people youre at ease with. Don't try to be something, just try to communicate and you will be understood and liked.

I've been feeling this way for a few years in school and it's making me cry some days. Is it worth seeing a doc about this. My parents say it's all in my head and i don't know what to do anymore. Proper fucking depressed m8

Selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor. Antidepressant like Lexapro, Prozac or Effexor. They're indicated for anxiety too.

Stop being a faggot

It's really that simple.

I felt alot better after i got on Zoloft (SRRI) Also had developed some weird thing called Essential Tremors, which i need the beta blockers for, they sort of turn off adrenaline, which also happens to help my anxiety alot. I can walk up to anyone look them in the eyes and say whatever i want without shaking or even lifting an eyebrow. Better than shaking uncontrollably at every small interaction.

Try remember anxiety is a perfectly normal feeling, recognise the kinds of situations that generally make you anxious, then purposefully put yourself in those situations frequently. Medication is always an option to help too.

Wish it was that simple

>purposefully put yourself in those situations frequently

Horrible advice. It's not a phobia. You can't cure anxiety by 'facing it.'

There's anxiety where a person can barely get themselves into social interactions. And then there's having a hard time speaking to someone or a general feel of unease, some states of mind are easier to sway than others.

Didn't say it was a cure. A disorder is different than anxiety over public speaking and the like.

I shake and can't get my words out

Give religion a shot. I am Christian and I find solace in prayer and hymns.

You're confusing fears and uneasiness which are a natural part of life with pathological anxiety.

If you get your anxiety from you pressuring yourself to do your work, learn to enjoy the process of doing your work more and think of it as doing what you love instead of stressful work

Considering I'm speaking to OP who, as far as we know, hasn't had a diagnosis, I'm speaking of general anxiety yes. If OP had been diagnosed, my advice would be much different.

It was strongly implied that the kind of anxiety he was experiencing was beyond the normal heebie jeebies of normal life, but let's let OP speak for himself.

I suppose you're right. In that case OP, if it is affecting your quality of life, see a doctor who can help you better than us.

OP here, I've been feeling anxiety over the the past couple of years, i feel anxious every waking moment, i never stop worrying. Wheather it be college, or general social interactions. What is this?

OP here again, I've never seen a doc about this. I asked my parents but they it's all bullshit

this

You need to see a doctor. I had anxiety at the level you've been describing so far and it wasn't nice at all. I got prescribed with some Paxil & Ritalin, a pretty good combo I'd say myself.

If it was something just in the 'head', it wouldn't damage your life so much. You have to convince your parents that it's not just some kind of 'phase' or that you're exaggerating, convince them to know it's a real problem you're struggling with.

gl user. hope you get help

>Take drugs, shut off your creativity and kill most of your mind.
>lets not take a look at why I have it in the first place
Human garbage on this site kek

Op here, I just want it to stop dude, i haven't been the same since, i wasn't always like this.

There are certain people who have it worse than others. These people have chemical imbalances in their brains, therefore, need other chemicals in order to balance it back together.

Meds aren't the worst thing ever you know.

Well you have to take a step forward and start doing shit for yourself. If you can't take it anymore, define a plan, a new schedule for the future.

I found that going regularly on walks is a great anxiety-reliever. If you have pets, just spend time with them, it also helps. I'm a college student myself and I don't have much time to go out too, but whenever you get that tiny spot of leisure time don't spent it locked inside your room -- try to get out. Spending so much time inside is just gonna make it worse.

you need to socialize more with people, regardless of who they are. look dude I don't know how to tell you how to make friends, but seems to me you need them by a lot. if you legit just feel that nothing can help you, last option to take is actual medicine. like i said, talk to your parents about this shit, convince them.

Get addicted to drugs. When you're sober you'll be so pissed about being sober you won't have anxiety anymore.

Op here, Sadly no doggos, wish i had one.

Gonna talk to my parents today about it, thanks for the advise from you guys. Hopefully i'll get some where.

u will need to do anything that mades you feel comfortable, i usually draw o just chill with music.

comment results

Or simply smoke weed like a rasta till u rest in pepperoni.