A Series of Unfortunate Events

Are you ready for Kids-Book-Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

np.reddit.com/r/ASOUE/comments/4nxhil/everything_we_know_so_far_about_the_netflix_series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm ready for the emily browning lookalike

whos playing violet?

plz no

It already was kino

How many books will the first eight episodes cover?

Malina Weissman

man I've blown quite a few loads over the years to Violet

My original hope for the show that all 13 books would be covered in 13 hour long episodes.

The more I think about it though the more I doubt that will be the case. Its been a while since I read the books so I can't really remember how long each one was

bredy gud loli

>dick sucking girls on little grils you'll never seduce, even if it was legal

God must hate me

well at least they had the sense to take note of a whole decade of internet appreciation for the lips on original Violet...

just a shame they had to go with one of their Jewish daughters instead of a fresh cute loli import from Australia

Loved this series as a kid. It sparked my lifelong love for melancholic and slightly grim tones in stories

It really was a beautiful movie. The house on stilts makes me anxious just thinking about it

Seconding this. Shit was poetic. Shame the ending was a lil disappointing

It may have fucked up a lot, but holy shit the movie got the fucking look and anachronistic setting perfect.

how old was she when they made this

Pippi Longstockings reimagining where she uses a katana

it ain't fair that some girls reach puberty so young

I hate how she looks now. She's awesome plump.

pedos pls leave emily is perfect now

she was definitely cutest as a teen, but you gotta admit those fappening nudes were 10/10

she has a perfect ass

They got progressively longer IIRC. Most of the early books you can cover in a single episode, but the later ones would need a substantial amount to be cut out in order to fit in an hour-long format.

Wait what

Bruh I just wanted asoue thread

CUTE!

sorry senpai

>it's another Sup Forums obsesses over an underage girl thread
you guys are gross

The incest undertones in this was great.

Reminder that there are absolutely zero (0) outdoor shots in the movie. The entire thing was filmed in a studio.

The majority of the backgrounds are highly-detailed painted backdrops, or CGI.

>she smokes the same cigarettes as me

If this is true, thats actually fucking incredible

It is 100% true. I'm a big fan of the series and the movie, owned it on DVD and now own it on Blu-ray. It's mentioned in the special features, and interviews have said it too

dirty ashmouth

>directors and editors deliberately gave huge amount of screentime to a cute 14y/o girl in an ensemble cast
>dressed her in sexy maid fishnet with plump lips and always putting her hands on her head
they knew what they were doing. we're all gross then I suppose

That character looks like normal everyday bill nye, why not use him?

>not getting an analog vape and enjoying whatever herb you want

pleb

American Spirit Yellows are GOAT

how did the series end? I read up to book 8 or something as a kid and hardly remember what happens. Did they kill Count Olaf?

I kinda want to read them again. I remember loving them in elementary school

Vaguely, on an island, with a big question mark that might be god.

>vaping
have you told your parents you're a homosexual yet?

iirc olaf has a sort of redemption arc and then dies from that one deadly fungus that threatened them in the sea book

I may be totally wrong though

post more

>analog vape
explain this

I remember now. He gets harpooned in the stomach after being a good guy for a while, but the harpoon smashes a jar with the fungus in it, infecting everyone. He does a heroic act, I think saves someone, and then dies from the harpoon, and Lemony Snicket's pregnant in-universe sister dies from the fungus, but not before she gives birth, and says for the baudelaires to name the child after their mother. The children all ride off on a boat together with an uncertain future, and it reveals that their mother's name was Beatrice - the name of the woman who the letters at the beginning of each book were for.

Pretty good ending

>just a shame they had to go with one of their Jewish daughters instead of a fresh cute loli import from Australia

The siblings in the original books were jewish according to the author
Suck it, anti-semite

those damn lips
was she legal age at the movie time?

Definitely. I cant wait for it to come out.

I actually run the subreddit for the series and have been following the production. And since the subreddit is small there's not too much reddit autism

no

mod me plz

I read every book as a kid but remember next to nothing about it now, except one of them near the end taking place on an icy mountain or something?

Apparently he published a 4-book prequel series about a young Lemony Snicket called "All the Wrong Questions." Does anyone if they're any good?

And why would I do thst?

Yes those books are pretty good.

14 is legal in several countries

>In one book they introduce a deadly fungus and Count Olaf gets away with a sample of it in a diving helmet
>Kit Snicket (Lemony's pregnant sister) appears in one book
>in the final book, Olaf tries to disguise himself as Kit using the diving helmet to make himself look pregnant
>a literally who sees through the disguise and shoots him with a harpoon gun, but hits/breaks the diving helmet and everyone is exposed to the fungus
>Baudelaires find the cure, but it is too late for Olaf
>a dying Kit is giving birth and the Baudelaires convince Olaf to perform a single noble before his death by helping deliver the baby before passing away
>after chapter 13 ends there's a title page for a book called Chapter 14 and the only chapter is chapter 14
>the Baudelaires name the baby after their mother, revealed to be Beatrice, and sail off the island, their future unknown

Oh yes also here is a thing:

>in one book, Baudelaires learn their parents were experts at shooting poison darts
>there is some kind of lock where you need to answer riddles, and the Baudelaires don't know the answer to the last question: How did Count Olaf's parents die?
>Olaf types in the answer himself: poison darts

Unfortunately the true nature of the sugar bowl is never revealed.

wait so in all of the canon does Violet Baudelaire not even have sex once?

WELL there is a scene in The Slippery Slope where she and the long-lost Quagmire triplet, Quigley, are alone on a cliff ledge and Snicket writes something about not wanting to detail that scene because he owed them their privacy. And I think afterward whenever they mention the Quagmire it says that Violet especially missed Quigley.

fukken lewd

>Weissman
Of course.

If anyone's behind on info this post has basically everything we know

np.reddit.com/r/ASOUE/comments/4nxhil/everything_we_know_so_far_about_the_netflix_series/

>siblings in the original books were jewish according to the author
yuck... I do wonder if that was really his intention from the start, and not just a JK Rowling-esque post-hoc Hermione swap

at any rate Emily Browning doesn't look Jewish, so by going with a Judenloli this time around they're downgrading just to do a favour for the Weissmann family

Don't forget The Beatrice Letters (published before book 13 just so no-one would know what the fuck was going on).
This consists of a sequence of love letters from Lemony to Beatrice in the old days, interspersed with letters from the second Beatrice - Kit's child - to Lemony, years after the end of book 13. These reveal that she became separated from the Baudelaires and desperately hopes for his help in finding what became of them. Whether he ultimately agrees to meet with her is left semi-ambiguous (he probably did), but this sequence of letters essentially forms an epilogue to the series.
In various cryptic ways the book reveals that the boat the kids set out on at the end of Chapter 14, for whatever reason, hit some rocks and sank. It is confirmed that thanks to Violet's 'emergency repairwork' all four of them made it back to dry land, but what happened next is forever a mystery.

Patrick Warburton as Snicket? I like it
Hope he has a moustache. Always pictured snicket as having a moustache

Huh, I don't know how I feel about that.

I admit I actually really liked Jude Law as Snicket in the movie.

>Q:Has the series been influenced by Jewish history?
>A:I think there is something naturally Jewish about unending misery, yes. I mean, I guess naturally but not exclusively Jewish. I’m Jewish so, by default, the characters I create are Jewish, I think. Then I think I have something of a Jewish sensibility shaped by having a Jewish upbringing and so, therefore, books that I produce would be somewhat Jewish in tone.

>Q:Are the Baudelaires Jewish?
>A: Oh yeah! Yes. The Baudelaires are Jewish! I guess we would not know for sure but we would strongly suspect it, not only from their manner but from the occasional mention of a rabbi or bar mitzvah or synagogue. The careful reader will find quite a few rabbis.

Nigger what? They look like they were separated at birth.

bump

Sunny is alive at least. I'm pretty sure it mentions something about her hosting a cooking show.

Wonder if she named the show in her baby language.

>Etsubatsu

>:I think there is something naturally Jewish about unending misery, yes.

you can't make this shit up

Which book are you most excited to see adapted Sup Forums? I can't wait for 10-12, those three are my favorite settings by far. Vile Village will be cool too.

10, and 11

Its been a while since I read these but I remember liking those two a lot

bump

German name you dolt

Germans don't name themselves after just one of their language's colors. That's an exclusively jewish tradition, schlomo.

Not bad