Prized Collection Vinyls

A late birthday gift just arrived for me and I'm thrilled. Original 'Flying Nun Records' pressing, ordered from Russia.

What are your most prized vinyls in your collection, Sup Forums?

Nice! I also got that album original US pressing on shimmy disc

Recently got these three, original pressings as well

How many limbs did you have to give for that original Mollusk??

100 bucks on discogs. cover had some water damage making the opening edge a bit wavy but the disc is fine.
also thinking about seeing them in Dallas for the HalloWeen show

Pls gib op

I have a white label Japanese promo copy of The Dreaming by Kate Bush, and a X/8 copy of William Bonney's Good Vibes with a paper bag outer sleeve, will post if requested.

This is the only individual record of any value. It's an original US pressing in fuckin 9/10 shape. COuld sell p easily for like $70+, snagged it for $10

>forgets pic

Drukqs 4xLP and original pressing of Laughing Stock are probably my most prized.

My Dad used to work at a record store and he gave me some NIN promo version of The Downward Spiral that's worth like $70 that he back when the album first came out

how tf did you get it for $10??

Probably Joy Division - Closer.
Tonpress pressing.
Decent condition, has a looped groove during Isolation.
Got it for $7 so i can't complain either way

Went with some records that I associate with periods of my life

>Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisted
Original US mono, bought when I was in my early teens

>Buddy Holly - That'll Be The Day
2nd, posthumous press. When I bought this it was the most I had ever spent on a record ($20)

>Talking Heads - Remain In Light
I got this one in the $2 bins, I always liked the tear on the cover

>Can - Future Days
Original US press

>Elliott Smith & Pete Krebs
Elliott Smith's first release as a solo artist

ill trade my last pork roll egg and cheese

That tear's fucking cool.

wtf it is

I've got an original pressing Freewheelin Bob Dylan, pretty much perfect condition, great album

dogs on the vanguard of art

red house painters box set
stooges debut early pressing
blackstar clear
sufjan - no shade in the shadow /100 lathe

Benji Blue Pressing
Original Bitches Brew
Original Person Pitch
Original Seasons Waiting On You 7"
Just ordered Common As Light On Vinyl

My two most prized records are Blue Angel - Blue Angel and The Rutles - The Rutles.

Original pressings of:
Back In Black
Rise and Fall of Ziggy
Workingman's Dead
From the Mars Hotel
Europe 72
Led Zeppelin
Zeppelin IV
Presence
Fragile
The Name of This Band is Talking Heads
Little Creatures (x2)
Brothers in Arms
Who by Numbers
Some Girls

and I got them all for free

My prize is probably Ziggy, but I paid a pretty penny for Rain Dogs, although I don't know if it's an original.

I was fortunate enough to get the rare Aphex Twin record they were selling at Day For Night when I attended.

Just so we're clear though these aren't my favorites of my collection, but they're probably the most valuable.

What are your favorites?

I'm fairly certain that Stallion Pt1 was left off the tracklist on the cover (was still on the album) on the original Shimmy pressing. Don't know about Nun though.

Not that it matters, great album either way.

That's impossible to choose but if I had to pick
Rise and Fall of Ziggy
Chocolate and Cheese (Limited Edition)
Meat Puppets II
Yip/Jump Music
Rain Dogs

i mostly just feel that these ones are special to me, idk, tough question

Here's my copy also with the flyer

>Coheed And Cambria – Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV | Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness
>The Decemberists – The Crane Wife (10th Anniversary Edition)
>Gorillaz - Demon Days
>The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium
>The Mars Volta – The Bedlam In Goliath
>Deathmole – Permanence
>HORSE the band – Shapeshift
>HORSE the band – Pizza EP
>Tomahawk – Eponymous To Anonymous

Damn that's sick, how much did it cost?

80 bucks also on discogs. Most copies I've seen have a promo cutout too but the flyer is a plus

Solid blue triangle DSOTM.

So Bold as Boognish is officially the first Ween album? Weird.

bump

Real happy with my copy of Lil Scuzzy

Also, not hard to get or anything, but I really like my original pressing Micro-Phonies by Cabaret Voltaire

Ordering Yellow Trash Bazooka by Gerogerigegege on discogs tomorrow. I have an autographed copy of In the Lonely Hour by Sam Smith and also a bunch of early dubstep releases from Circus Records and shit. I have a shitton of vinyl, but not much is super collectable.

Got these Reatards singles a few weeks ago

Some favorites.

The Blood Brothers - Crimes
>1st pressing, screen printed sleeve, powder blue / white marble vinyl, numbered 176/333

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
>4 lp set including the title track, vinyl sleeve, glow in the dark vinyl, edition of 500.

Maths - Descent
>Pre-order version, brown vinyl, includes brown on black silk screened art card and alternate cover, 16/25.

The Protomen - The Protomen
>1st pressing, red / blue split vinyl, includes the original endings to songs, as well as a stencil and a 22"x22" fold-out poster, edition of 977.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Social Network
>Triple gate fold, 180g vinyl, edition of ???

Suffocate For Fuck Sake – Blazing Fires and Helicopters On the Frontpage of the Newspaper. There's a War Going On and I'm Marching In Heavy Boots
>Edition of 300.

*shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo
>1st pressing, clear purple vinyl, edition of 300.

Bram Stoker Read By Tony Todd - Dracula (box set)
>Blood splatter vinyl, Three 12" x 12" hand screen printed prints, copy of the original script used for the audio play, signed by producer Anthony D. P. Mann, test press of Dracula housed in a hand screen printed fold over jacket, metallic silver ink over black French brand paper. Hand numbered all in a custom made wooden box , hand screen printed art on the front side. Inside lined with black velvet. Edition of 25.

nice shelf lol

Bought them a few years apart. Same model, different dimensions. Bothers me every time I look at it.

buy a new one, mismatching shelves greatly impact the quality of vinyl

Yeah, I've heard that before.

>tfw I bought an original pressing of Mezzanine from Japan for like $200 and now they've repressed it so it's worth ~$50

Paid $80 for an original pressing of By the Throat, only to have it repressed a month later.

Bump

Always wait for a good repress or reissue of anything that is semi popular, because as a rule of thumb it's bound to get one.

Damn, I also got the original Mollusk. $60, almost near mint, very happy with it.

Did yours come with an insert or something? Mine only came the record.

>manager: Ron Paul

Damn, that's a steal. where'd you get it from?
nah, only record as well. never seen one with an insert but someone on discogs has also mentioned there might've been one

original Exmilitary

Bootleg ExMilitary, Hotline Miami 2 collectors edition, Revolver original UK press,

Fucking god tier 10/10 album to have on vinyl

And a very patrician album to listen to

I Have A Special Plan For This World test press

bump

just ordered Frances the Mute, black vinyl

Bummed I missed out on that while I was there

nice

i have one of the original copies of this.

only played it once. mint condition.

hopefully it will be worth something one day. got it fairly cheap too.

forgot image.

>ween
>patrician

baha

My signed copy of Manon Meurt's debut album.

The Pod is one of the most patrician forms of art I've ever experienced.

bump

is Bedlam in Goliath a rare record?

Its super dope with the inside gate-fold being a Ouija board with the single and the cursor thing.

sealed exmilitary and sealed Frances the mute

p rare, copies on discogs going for $150+

Yeah, it's the only vinyl pressing. Goes for $150+

Thanks, got it for 30 at the rock and roll museum in Cleveland.
side note, went with my fiancee and we were looking at Jeff Beck records and she asked where was regular Beck.

original Government Plates

>vinyls