I'm about to smoke for the first time. what album should I listen to Sup Forums? Pic semi- related. I'm considering it

I'm about to smoke for the first time. what album should I listen to Sup Forums? Pic semi- related. I'm considering it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ih1aKeETk
youtube.com/watch?v=HXGOChgyOoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HavNkl8izMo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kys

Trust me when i say there's a reason its called stoner metal

for me it depends on what strain i'm smoking and how i'm feeling so it might be the same for you. some favorites of mine are Sunbather and Cosmogramma tho

What reason is that?

Because it sounds amazing when you're stoned

this is much better though

>I'm smoking a joint
>I gotta put some super chill super music dope ass beats

just listen to music you usually like douche

Don't listen to something new, listen to something you already love and you'll hear things in it that you haven't heard before. I know some people who love listening to instrumental hip hop stuff and some people who swear by death metal because that's the type of stuff the listen to normally.

This.

If it's your first time smoking tho you probbaly won't be able to focus on an entire album. I could barely make it through one song without wanting to hear another one.

not kidding

if it's your first through 10th time smoking you probably would barely feel anything. weed is the most overrated thing on this earth.

OP, drink a fifth of whiskey and listen to Stars of the Lid. that's the only path to true enjoyment of music while being fucked up

>weed is the most overrated thing on this earth

it literally makes everything better and more enjoyable, specially music and fucking

this

no, it makes you complacent to the bad things about life, the only things worth noting in a finite existence where pain is the only outcome. if weed was the best drug to listen to music to, the grateful dead would be the best band.

just listen to Dark Side Of The Moon

not that guy but imo whatever effect weed has on anyone using it depends on that person's mindset, how strong the weed is and how much is used; personally besides the usual relaxed nature and urge to laugh it really changes the concept I have about everything, like opens your mind to new ways of approachment to life; and about music, it makes another whole experience.

Pic related
Plus:
>Flaming Lips - "Embryonic"
>Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower
>King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizars - "I'm in your mind fuzz"
>All Them Witches -"Lightning at the Door"
>Opeth - "Eternal Rains Will Come" (song)
>Porcupine Tree - "Voyage 34"
>Radiohead -"Kid A/Amnesiac"
>Swans - "Soundtracks for the Blind"
>Stoned Jesus - "Seven Thunders Roar"
>Flying Lotus - "You're Dead!"
>Sonic Youth - "Sonic Nurse"
>Black Mountain - "IV"
>Black Moth Super Rainbow -"Dandeliom Gum"

your favorite album. you'll hear it differently, which is a really great experience when you already know it.

>those semicolons

how high are you right now

If its your first time I highly recommend The Powers That B, just the song though not the album unless you feel like listening to it all. The drop in the instrumental is orgasmic when you're extremely high.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ih1aKeETk

trust me
im an experienced drug fiend

LYSF is a good choice. I prefer it on acid, but then again it's always amazing no matter what you're on

zero, desu I used those semicolons because I got triggered by using a regular "." and keep typing without starting using a capital leter. Yeah, autism.

I listened to Yankee UXO on acid and felt the music slower and with a marked reverb effect.

If it's your first time smoking there's a 100% chance you won't be able to get high for not knowing how to properly get the smoke in your lungs. Watch a few videos on how to smoke properly and come back again later, OP.

And don't listen to this bitter fag:
>weed is the most overrated thing on this earth.
Yeah, so what? It's still damn good.

boring

nice retarded logic you have there

t. degenerate stoner idiot that only likes to feel happy because feeling sad is too much

1000% second this

of Montreal - Skeletal lamping

This is definitely the melt banana album to trip to.

not that guy but seriously feeling sad gives no really good outcome (and don't come saying that it's because you go through sadness that the good moments count because it's just sugar-coating it). We get it, people who're most of the time happy do not really spend time thinking much or reflecting a lot, damn they are often the most practical and plain minded people. But they're happy. And that's a harsh truth. Personally doing weed is also a form of sugar coating the shit you go through your life but only if the lifestyle you actually value is the one while you're sober. Sometimes it's alright to do weed to re-weigh all the shit that goes through your mind and probably you'll realize how you're drowning in a glass of water.

I put on some jazz fusion stuff like Return to Forever once and it was simultaneously awesome and hilarious.

Either that or something like Acid Mothers Temple:
youtube.com/watch?v=HXGOChgyOoQ

GY!BE and specifically Storm is my favorite song to smoke too. Go for it OP.

lol good choices, but I think people are more likely going to take a suggestion of 1 album with a decent rundown of it, than an unapproachable pile of 200,000 albums.

no1s gonna read all that bitch

>Man On The Moon 1 not on the list
I know it's high-school tier but if you're making a list of cliches then it definitely deserves a place.

reccing this

SABBATH

good thing the grateful dead are the best band huh

I wish I could be depressed like you

>I'm about to smoke for the first time.
Get ready to be dissapointed. Just listen to whatever you like. I enjoyed Stars of the Lid.

agreed

Care to explain why did it dissapoint you?

Take it easy.

It also only sounds amazing if you're a stoner and have dulled your mind through daily usage for years

He's smoking cigarettes.

Not him, but a lot of people go into it thinking that everything will pale in comparison to weed but they just end up stoned with nothing to do and bored.
Things just feel great and your mindset changes. However its definitely not disappointing. Its extremely enjoyable, especially with friends and/or the right mood

People need to stop trying to control every single thing. Specially when on drugs.

Christ, why does this get shilled so hard? Is it like that Sunny Day In Glasgow EP where it was just the one guy, or is this bigger than that?

Salad Days

music you already like listening to

idk merriwether post pavilion or something

Its not shilling if you genuinely enjoy the album and just want other people to hear it

Am I the only one who thinks basically anything sounds great while stoned? I's seriously the least picky person for music when high

Fucking Amplifier Worship rules. youtube.com/watch?v=HavNkl8izMo

Inquisition