Is it the best looking Enterprise?

My roommate says it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ExSH6xZmDE4
youtube.com/watch?v=vAf5qSwsZrM
youtube.com/watch?v=yylr7fFt4VA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

I really like the Kelvin universe Connie. It has awesome curves. Their warp effects are far better in the new movies, too.

You're roommate is and idiot. Put him in the thread right now, I'll say it to his dumb face

Post Enterprises please, and comparison pics

can someone explain why there are two sizes for the USS Enterprise reboot?

youtube.com/watch?v=ExSH6xZmDE4

No, this video explains pretty much why Trek fans hate it.

It has to do with shuttlebays.

In 2009, there are multiple scenes showing shuttles landing and launching from the shuttle ass of the ship. The size of the shuttles can be extrapolated from the size of people boarding them. Based on this size, the ship is only 366~ meters. But in other shots of the ship, using similar comparison to known sizes, the ship is more like 725 meters, including some shuttle flybys.

Basically it was a mistake of filmography, and one that Trek fans set upon more solidly than any other movie mistake to hate JJ's movies, even though this kind of shit has happened in pretty much every Trek to date.

Your roommate deserves to be chemically fucking neutered

looks like shit Tbh

hush yo mouth

literally perfect

it's shit, even the vengeance looks better

I have to admit I loved the scene in Beyond where the Enterprise-A was constructed in time lapse. All the callbacks in the design to the original version really improved the overall look.

All starfleet ship designs are fucking stupid

Maybe not THE BEST (Enterprise-A still holds that), but I do like the way it looks quite a lot.

As a die-hard trek fan, I know that puts me in the minority, and I honestly don't get why. Shit looks great.

The problem is, the vast majority of their complaints boil down to "Because it's the wrong size, and the stuff inside isn't to scale"

Which, while true, is utterly meaningless, because
A: it doesn't actually explain what's bad about it from a design perspective, and
B: Star Trek has NEVER been consistent with scales and proportionate interiors, so signaling this one out for that is unfair

Constitution refit is my shipfu. You'd better get some taste senpai.

The size of trek ships is always in flux. Best to go by decks. The Kelvin timeline constitution class has a saucer that is 3 decks thick at the rim.

All these looks at the enterprise really strike home for me how WEIRD the basic design is and always has been. Not BAD by any means, but when you think Space Ship, unless you've grown up with Trek for your entire life, the basic nacelles/Engineering hull/Saucer section configuration isn't the first thing that pops into your mind. It's extremely esoteric and unique, and doesn't resemble anything found in the real world at all, but makes a certain kind of sense.

It's really a miracle of design, regardless of what form it takes.

Oh god, horrific presentation. I don't care about the criticisms, I can't stand to listen to them for 5 minutes.

The design was a direct response to space ship designs of the time. For the most part people were still depicting space ships as rockets or space jets. Roddenberry wanted something that looked a lot more advanced.

>B: Star Trek has NEVER been consistent with scales and proportionate interiors, so signaling this one out for that is unfair
The ships have never been truly consistent, but only to the extent that they've never been exact. The most egregious thing they've done is probably the Galaxy Class entering spacedock? And the Defiant is also an issue.

But the scaling of the JJprise, it's more than just "whoops we didn't get that quite right", it's a flagrant disregard for the idea that these ships even need to try to work to a set scale. Shit like the brewery engineering, the viewscreen window, the gargantuan shuttlebay... it's like he's deliberately pissing on stuff that has been very strongly established.

I mean, personally I don't mind the viewscreen window, the saucer section on the whole is okay, and I quite like the glossy ceramic looking texture of the ship, but I really hate the fat oversized nacelles, and I think it's really odd looking how the neck of the ship is set so far back.

This design is now more than 20 years old.

>unless you've grown up with Trek for your entire life
your right on this count, been watching TNG since I was 8 and it seems normal to me

The Budweiser distillery engineering section is easily the worst, the rest of those range from mild annoyance to an actual improvement. Previous Star Trek probably would have had a bride window if the vfx budget had allowed for it.

>flagrant disregard for the idea that these ships even need to try to work to a set scale.
Honestly, JJTrek was just him practicing for Star Wars. He really gives zero shits about Star Trek

There's three, actually.
While is on the right path, it's (to my knowledge) not the correct reason.
The biggest size, is what you get if you actually compare the ship to its surroundings in, including the shuttle scene(s).
The middle size, is the 366 one, which makes absolutely no sense consider pretty much all of the outside shots (maybe with the exception of the one that shows the bridge from the outside), but it is the one that basically scales the ship so there are windows on each deck, and the windows are normal sized.
Finally, the smallest one is the one that claims it's exactly the same size as the one from TMP.

See pic for details.

>yfw twenty years have gone by

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

There is a cutaway picture from Star Trek beyond that probably puts this argument to rest.

Nothing from the JJ-verse is a best anything

The Constitution refit is the sexiest ST vehicle ever designed, and this is not arguable.

Enterprise E a close second.

2010 was 16 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=vAf5qSwsZrM

the opening of the first movie is pretty fucking great, imagine if that was just a short film.

>no love for the comfiest enterprise

>Shaky cam ridden generic action shit filled with lens-flares

nah, it's shit.

love the D

Never really understood why the flagship class of the federation had less armament than the Miranda

When the series first aired I thought it was the ugliest thing I'd even seen. It grew on me a bit as the series went on but it still has an overly fuck-huge saucer section and looks completely out of proportion to other Starfleet ships.

I see your D and raise you an A.

But user, the Enterrpise E first appeared in 1996....

That was to make room for all the felt the upholstered the interior with.

it's a good scene, it's not even shaky cam. look at how smooth a move like this is

Starfleet ships aren't primarily warships, they're ships of exploration.

Generic action shit tends to end with the good guy not getting killed and has no conversations about what to name your son while knowing full well you're speaking your last words.

It's literally the one good thing JJ has ever done. Credit where credit's due, even if he is a fucking talentless hack in everything else he does.

youtube.com/watch?v=yylr7fFt4VA

Do you expect me to believe that Commander?

Crusher's face should never be clicked on. I know it's probably hilarious user, but I'm in the middle of season one and I want to kill myself whenever that faggot's on screen.

>it's a Sisko and Dukat realize they're not so different after all episode

Lewd

it'll make you feel better

kill your roomate

Tell Travis he's a faggot.

Kiss your roommate.

it's been so long, i forgot how fuck huge my Star Trek folder is

Yeah I realized that sounded wrong after I posted it. Nice devil trips.

kek you were right.

>Generic action shit tends to end with the good guy not getting killed and has no conversations about what to name your son while knowing full well you're speaking your last words.

>Implying that the unjust death of a noble man/relative isn't one of the top 5 motivations in generic action movies

Ug-lee.

Why is that starship wearing a turtleneck?

>you will never roll around in the bridge while worf stumbles around trying to stop you and the rest look on, Riker grinning at the whole debacle

Jdimsa

Sure, they took it in a shitty direction, but the individual scene was well done.

Truer words never spoken. Refit is sublime.

True, it is a huge improvement.

It looks fucking shit. Bulbous is the word.

i think this is the best Star Trek poster

>tfw think 09 Trek was legit good
>everything that followed has been mediocre trash
at least in JJ's movie they went to different fucking planets and they actually explored shit. Also cool McGuffin.
I'll still see it every time because fuck everything.

This is why I like it so much. It looks like a ship that was never meant to enter an atmosphere. Something built in space, for space. What better vessel for the final frontier?

I'm but not the guy from before.
I'm not saying it isn't done well for what it is. Infact, if anyone would go and bad mouth it as being a bad movie in general, I'd happily defend it. (And I have before)

But it is as generic an action film as it gets. It's also the perfect definition of how you do a big, generic action film right, but that doesn't stop it from being a generic action film.

It also is a piece of shit that should never have been published under the Star Trek name, but for what it's trying to do, no matter how insulting its aim, it does it excellently.

BEEP BEEP! Best ship coming through!

Do you happen to have the Star Trek poster of the movie chair floating through space?

remember when Trek was witty

Gotta give props to the super laser removing Gahg.

Tight also?

this is a cool poster as just a poster but it's comical how not-Star Trek it is

Where the fuck is the other nacelle? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Galaxy dreadnought stole it.

The Enterprise-D Refit stole it.

Make way for Enterprise C.

*wheels away squeekily with virginity intact*

Extra nacelle because because Riker had to compensate. Still breddy cool though.

For being designed in under a week, she's not bad.

This always drove me nuts, like how presumptuous, and its as big as the end D