Serious Question:

Serious Question:
If Scotland was to leave the Union, would UK change its name and/or flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=wales principality&oq=Wales Princ&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.3176j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=is wales a country&*
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570998/Japan-offers-to-solve-Union-Jack-problem.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Serious Question:
Will you land thieving Nazi demonic krauts stop asking questions about a "country" that isn't even half the size of london in terms of population?

Yes, obviously. Probably that flag with "Kingdom of England, Wales and NI" or something.

Sounds a bit long, to be honest.
And what about your flag? Will you change it, or will it remain the same?

The Ununited Kingdom, so it is still UK.

EU COUNTRIES WITH LOWER POPULATION THAN LONDON
Denmark
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Estonia
Finland
Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Slovakia
Slovenia
Austria

What's your point exactly?

I hope they change the background to black and yellow to honour Wales. No point keeping St Patrick's Saltire on there either since Northern Ireland will have left within a decade

return of the english heptarchy
restoration of anglo-saxon supremacy
death to all danes

>Sounds a bit long, to be honest.

It's called 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' right now.

Ok, so you would be just called "K" then?

It's "disunited" 田中さん

People will probably say England and Wales, or just England.

Honestly it'll probably just be called England - Wales was considered part of England only until very recently, and there's not really enough of them to complain about it. The Welsh are pathetic, they need to sort themselves out.

couldn't calling it "England" spark a Welsh nationalist movement?

>NI will leave
Delusional Catalonian

He just asked a simple fucking question.
Can´t you smug pieces of shit quit your butthurt for at least ten seconds?

Anglos are genuinelly retarded with country names
>USA
>United States of America (only north america and only a part of it)
>UK
>United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
also wouldn't it make more sense to call it "United Kingdoms" in a way ?

The name would change from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to the United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Don't know about the flag tbqh, I think a big problem with that would be the flag is so iconic.

would still be UK.
scotland+england=Great Britain
great britain+(n)ireland=United kingdom

Technically no because when England and Scotland united they formed one Kingdom, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland was included because it was a territory of England.

It is similar to how when Aragon and Catalonia united and created the Spanish crown.

Castille*

My great grandfather died in ww2

You will fucking pay kraut cunt

would sound bretty cool desu
wouldn't mind being called "the kingdom"

No, because it's only one kingdom.

The United bit is specifically referring to Scotland and England which were previously separate kingdoms.

How about making tne United Islands?

Too much meme potential would disrupt the universe.

The name would probably be changed to "the United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland" (UK for short).

The UK and Scotland would probably compete as separate nations in sporting events (such as the Olympics). Although if it's anything like Ireland then Scottish people would be able to choose whether they represent the UK or Scotland.

Not sure about the flag because it's so iconic. A black Union Jack would probably be the successor if they did change it, I don't think they'd want to change the design that much.

Die Kraut!

This makes no sense

CANZUK or bust

There's about 8 Welsh nationalists so I think they'll be ok.
I'm Leonese, I'm just a realist.
English people are incredibly angry about everything all the time. Just leave him be.

I think if they had to change the flag to black or even black and yellow after Theresa May promised a Red White and Blue Brexit the universe would implode. Only sensible solution is to dispense with the union altogether and submit to your natural overlords becoming states 51 through 53.

Well my great granmother died too.
But I´m not butthurt about it.

Why do Germans keep making these threads?

>If Scotland was to leave the Union, would UK change its name and/or flag?
Do we really care?

Anglos are the most arrogant turds to ever land in Europe.Especially their old generation in Spain.Literally muslim tier outcasts creating their communities and not interacting with the native population.

They didn't when most of Ireland jumped ship

>Anglos are the most arrogant turds to ever land in Europe
I think you will find that Turks and Swedes also exist.

Just to add.I remember an interview with some anglo immigrants:
>What do you think about brexit and England?
''This must totally happen,we don't need immigrants.England is the best place in the world and is meant for the English.''
>the reporter asks him ''Will you go back to living in England?''
''No but England is still the best place in the world.''

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!I literally died laughing.Right there on the spot.

>scotland leaving
>NI gearing up to leave
>Australia rapidly approaching a republic referendum (which WILL pass)
>New Zealand close behind
>lost Hong Kong
>going to lose Gibraltar

absolutely thrilled to be alive to witness the collapse of the eternal anglo

>I think you will find that Turks and Swedes also exist.
That's why i said >literally muslim tier
I don't know about Swedes.

We are just returning to our pure form.

should this be their flag?

mashallah

Very fashy/5

that welsh flag reminds me a fair bit of the cornish one

why can't the welsh get creative

then you didnt even know him, so whats it to you?

The Cornish flag is white on black. It looks nothing like it.

In all likely-hood.

Flag would change, obviously the St. Andrews cross would be gone.

Abbreviated name would probably still be "the UK" to avoid confusion, and the long name changed to "The United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland."

>turk
>euro

>It looks nothing like it.
the fact that they have the same general shape and black background specifically shows that they look something like it, not nothing like it

I thought the "United" part was about the Kingdoms of England and Scotland beeing united?

My favourite was "what's the difference between foreigners, immigrants and expats?" And someone explained that British people could never be foreigners because wherever they went they were expats, not immigrants.

Literally hideous. Hope Wales and Cornwall leave to join Brittany, that would be glorious
That's the flag of St David, it's not the official Welsh flag (which is the one with the dragon on)

You're right, the United refers to the Union of the two Kingdoms, Scotland and England.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm not even sure anymore. I figured the name wouldn't change much because, well the Kingdoms of England and Scotland and the act of Union as a whole are hardly relevant anymore, but thinking about it, there is no "United Kingdom" without Two Kingdoms. Maybe they'd just say "Sod it" and call Wales a Kingdom instead, after-all, the powers that be decided one day that it was a country rather than just a province, so why not just make it a Kingdom.

Wales is a principality

Needs more dragons

A quick google would suggest that it was referred to as a principality until recently internationally, but has since been accepted as a country.

google.co.uk/search?q=wales principality&oq=Wales Princ&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.3176j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=is wales a country&*

The United comes from the 1800 Act of Union. England and Scotland were just the Kingdom of Great Britain. The United was from the union of the Kingdom of Great Britain with the so-called Kingdom of Ireland (lol), and now presumably is meant to be with the never existing Kingdom of Northern Ireland.

kek

>Australia
>Republic
almost like you want to be RICED

Aha, now I see.

No problem in adding the so-called (totally exists I promise guys) Kingdom of Wales in then, ey?

We would probably be just the Kingdom of England then, Wales is a principality and Northern Ireland is ...complicated- theyre not kingdoms, only England and Scotland are.

Therefore the Kingdom of England

YES
THE UNITED STATES WILL GROW LARGER

That sounds VERY Russian.

>Mummy May won't allow it
>Ditto
>Perhaps, although Australia would then get yank'd hard
>Ditto
>RIP
>Perhaps

dae le dolan ducke xd

It would only be acceptable, to people here if a)The Queen Remained- which doesnt work with your constitution, and b) Australia , Canada and New Zealand came too

This t'bh; the rest of the Parliamentary system can remain intact (however unorthodox it would be within the US) but it's the presence of the Queen that violates the Constitution's requirement that all states be republics. The addition of the Dominions also wouldn't be that big a deal but might run into the same problem.

Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales. It's the large island next to the island of Ireland.

United Kingdom refers to the uniting of the Kingdom of England (which included Wales) and the Kingdom of Scotland.

Which is why it will never happen, you wont change and neither will we

Indeed, also England would be the biggest state and thus get the most representatives, which probably wouldn't please "Mainland" Americans too much.

You dumb fucking nigger.

Yeah but would probably form a bloc with Scotland, Canada, Wales , Australia and New Zealand which would also annoy original americans, our political parties are also different, our conservatives wouldnt like your republicans or your democrats, nor would our labour party, the lib dems may like the democrats. Point is your two party system would not last

Wales is a principality of England, doesn't deserve any representation on the new flag. The West Riding of Yorkshire flag should be the new flag if Scotland leaves.

Praise the Sun.

Kek

why are you so mad? will you miss scottland?

The rose flags are your best, but if you don't start respecting Wales they gone leave you too negro

>a fucking big red dragon on a white/green background

It's a fucking disgusting flag and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the best flag in the world as it stands - the Union flag. The St. David's cross is okay though.

Not a Kingdom though is it

They should simply adopt the pirate flag, which represents their country better than any other flag

Nope, principality, hence the prince of wales

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570998/Japan-offers-to-solve-Union-Jack-problem.html

This is the only viable solution

It's still the United kingdom, just of one fewer country.

I'm actually getting sick of Scotland's bitching, they are a fucking drain on my tax money. We should have a referendum about kicking them out of the union and letting them go full poverty mode.

South Yorkshire looking all shit as usual

Terrible flag. I used to live there and I saw lots of Yorkshire flags but never any for South Yorkshire - now I see why

>British Isles
excuse me could you remove this image from your website, thanks