Brazil meat scandal: China and EU suspend imports

>The crisis was triggered by a huge federal police operation on Friday.
It found evidence that meatpackers had been selling rotten and substandard produce for several years.
>The meat industry plays an important part in the Brazilian economy, with exports worth more than $12bn (£9.7bn) a year.
>bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39334648

Other urls found in this thread:

g1.globo.com/economia/noticia/coreia-do-sul-suspende-a-proibicao-de-importacoes-de-frango-brasileiro-diz-agencia.ghtml
noticias.r7.com/economia/coreia-do-sul-voltara-a-receber-carne-brasileira-21032017
google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN10C358
politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/coluna-do-estadao/a-gente-nao-trabalha-com-carne-brasileira-diz-funcionario-de-churrascaria-de-temer/
www1.folha.uol.com.br/mercado/2017/03/1867967-churrascaria-que-serviu-temer-usa-carne-de-empresa-investigada.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm quite confident (hopeful) that I haven't been buying Brazilian meat in the past

Wait.
Are you telling me that Brazil exports something else but poverty and emigrants?

It's literally a CIA+Brazilian Federal Police scheme to undermine every industry we have. Latin America is going to begin importing US/European meat soon

si. 30 millioni cittadini italiani

that's the 'exporting poverty' he was talking about

like most banana republics Brazil exports a lot of raw materials such as oil, meat, soybean, fruits, coffee, cocoa seeds etc. and by a lot i mean A LOT

Everyone has, and nothing ever happened, it's unironically a scheme to destroy our industries and our hegemony. First was our construction companies, now meat, next probably beer and perfumes. Then Brazil is an abomination and needs to go back to be a cheap commodity exporter full of poverty for first world countries

I forgot about Petrobrás also

>It found evidence that meatpackers had been selling rotten and substandard produce for several years.
chinks did exactly the same thing years ago. but they managed to settle it.

WELL MAYBE THESE INDUSTRIES SHOULDN'T BE DOING ILLEGAL SHIT EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?

This meat deal is a smaller deal than people think but I don't care if the police burns down the whole country as long as they stop corruption.

So selling rotten meat is perfectly fine?

>This meat deal is a smaller deal than people think but I don't care if the police burns down the whole country as long as they stop corruption.
Well that's because you are rich and protected from the economy crisis
Yeah, unironically 3 fridges in the whole country that exports meat to the entire world! OMG BRAZIL MEAT IS SO SHIT! OMG KILL BRAZIL NOW!

>OMG BRAZIL MEAT IS SO SHIT! OMG KILL BRAZIL NOW!
Nobody is saying that. But even if it was a single kilo it would have still been wrong because those producers did it on purpose.

Exports are not fiscalized by our agents, but yours too. Most rotten meat was unironically for our internal market. Also there are no proofs but a recording from an employee from a small meat fridge in the south.

Yeah, so let's penalize every single meat industry in the biggest meat exporter of the world because of a single kilo of meat. I mean it's totally not political at all!

>WELL MAYBE THESE INDUSTRIES SHOULDN'T BE DOING ILLEGAL SHIT EVER THOUGHT OF THAT?
honestly i'd be more worried about the meat that contained cocaine and heroin packages inbetween
then again it's nothing that several months of bad reputation and getting back to standard requirements can't fix
saying it's all a conspiracy from tha Man to bring a brutha down is too commie. accepting the penalties, redoing your work and getting back to your feet is the way to do things

Who the fuck would ever buy meat from the third world?

Even the congress which is somewhat US-aligned is going against the Federal Police now. They simply want to see Brazil burn with no regrets, and use the international media for that

>30 milioni di italiani

Un cazzo. 30 milioni di stranieri che hanno la cittadinanza e basta. Italiani voi, non lo sarete mai per noi VERI italiani.

I don't know you tell me

You're the third-worlder here.

not your country, you guys are a protectionist dictatorship

sure sure. mfw

every 1st world country i think.

You are seriously underestimating the scope of the investigation here, we are talking about the biggest PF operation of all time in this country.
Other countries are overreacting but that's natural, same thing happens with any food scare.

This is better for us in the long run, Brazil already has a reputation of oozing corruption everywhere you look but this is at least starting to change, think of it as a chemotherapy.

Yeah, and you are one of the biggest importers of our meat

Next the coffee and soy beans

>chemotherapy
more like terminal cancer, they simply want to ruin Brazilian Image worldwide by shitposting at the international media. I mean they haven't even got proofs but a recording of the supposed international scheme of rotten meat. If they cared about solving our problems they would have it under secret and then after the jugdement do it. The media does not give a fuck at all about our image and want if everything to forever destroy it for views, there is no chemotherapy but forever chaos for profit and clickbaits

xiii.. falar com petralha é foda mesmo

You know, when it happened I said it could destroy your industry and Brazilians on Sup Forums were laughing.

I dont understand how this happened (the rotting meat part, not the crime). Was it a logistics problem? How did they let the meat rot?

>Other countries are overreacting
We are not buying shit from you guys at least until your authorities finish their investigation

Brazilian logistics most likely yeah.

Just imagine like this, they got a recording of a small meat seller that supposedly sold rotten meat, and released as if everyone was like this and as if every country got it. It's literally a political action to destroy every industry we got. First was Petrobrás, then Odebrecht, now JBS and Brazil Foods, next is Natura and Ambev. Now we are forever a colony of first world countries

people who actually want grass-fed meat buy from south american countries.

The US is a big Brazilian meat importer.

>Italiani voi, non lo sarete mai per noi VERI italiani.

>the meat had too much ascorbic acid
>aka c vitamin but let's say the cientific name to make people lose their shit
>OH MY GO WE ARE EATING ACID AAAAAAAH!

thank you jews

summarizing this scandal; overreaction
only a very small part of the production was affected, and damaged only the internal market
the exp products pass through a heavy auditing process, where the gringos audit the meat themselves
it is unlikely bad quality meat have been exported
bur this already become a meme and the damage was done; bravo! brazilians

Three containers filled with salmonella meat were shipped to Europe this month.

agreed
but the damage was already done
media plus histerical mass have done the trick
it will be very hard to recover from this

They don't know if they were really with salmonella

sauce pls
and tree containers still represents a small part of the whole production
what i'm saying is; of course this is sth correct to do, and the companies must be punished accordingly
what i'm trying to do is tracing a line between reality and hysteria, because this shit have become a meme
and the impact is extremely huge for us

i imagined so
ppl are jumping to conclusions even before having the data
mass hysteria this is all about

mass hysteria gives the media money

Hopefully the piece of meat that i rubbed my balls onto got sent to Europe. Taste my balls, Yurop.

this tbqh, would never eat any meat from outside the country

Hue

Your country doesn't import from Brazil?

Which is crazy considering they are poorer than Brazilians

If Brazil is in decline, why worry? Maybe, real worry is West's decline and that we manage things better?

>The meat industry plays an important part in the Brazilian economy
Wikipedia tells me Brazil's exports were valued at $800 billion in 2016, of which 12 billion is 1,5%. Real fucking important.

yes, it does
regardless if it is a concrete fact or a supposition, what matters it is how fast a news can be deliver
with the help of facebook n' shiet this is already an irreversible damage

We are the largest meat exporter of the world

1,5%. Of exports, not total GDP. It's fucking nothing, just sell that shit in the domestic market until EU and China lift the ban.

yes, it is important
the whole exp is the sum of many, but many products or raw material we export
loosing this impacts not only the economic part, but as well as our image, which is alreay bad
summarizing; we are fucked up

>$800 billion

Where did you get this number?

Why FBI is trying to destabilize south america while USA is increasing military spending? Should south americans be worried?

Their economy isn't even $800 billion

They want to invade Venezuela and steal their oil while we're down.

I thought the yanks were after Argentina's groundwater, oil is already on the way out.

Because of left governments. Although this is big news for argentina, paraguay and uruguay that are also huge meat exporters. Most of our beef comes from Paraguay

Because we are the New World version of the Middle East. A place for exploitation of commodities and cheap labour and never of industries and hegemony

IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE LITERAL

South Korea has already lifted the ban

Sauce?

g1.globo.com/economia/noticia/coreia-do-sul-suspende-a-proibicao-de-importacoes-de-frango-brasileiro-diz-agencia.ghtml
noticias.r7.com/economia/coreia-do-sul-voltara-a-receber-carne-brasileira-21032017

Keep your big mouth shut while I go take my 5th bath

I'm sincerely glad for that (aunque es sólo para el pollo)

brazilian commies are idiots
how many times Paraguay got its meat prohibited because of aftose excuse and other problems and we didn't die of some unsold kilos
we just fixed what had to be done instead of blaming it all on CIA and other stupid excuses
business is like that, if you're not wanted then redo it better and you'll be wanted

We really don't and you only recently were allowed for the first time since 2003 to export fresh beef to us.

google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN10C358

Pic related was the most pathetic shit in all this history.

pero, la carne también fue liberada para importacion

yeah, sure there aren't any Brazilian Grill Restaurants there like Fogo de Chão and others

politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/coluna-do-estadao/a-gente-nao-trabalha-com-carne-brasileira-diz-funcionario-de-churrascaria-de-temer/

>Why FBI is trying to destabilize south america while USA is increasing military spending? Should south americans be worried?
>FBI
>South America
Get your memes right it's CIA. FBI is domestic.

Eles serviram carne brasileira no dia

E você acredita?

Eu acho que o funcionário deve ter falado isso pra não perder clientes. Porque tem vários cortes que só existem no Brasil, como picanha, maminha, alcatra e outros

Well untill this past fall they weren't exporting any raw beef from Brazil and I sure as fuck doubt they were importing pre cooked beef. We have enough of our own high end grass fed beef. The shit beef is the cheap stuff for the masses.

This country is so backwards...

Yes let's believe a recording, it sures tells all the truth in the world

>JUST fuck up my agrarian export industry.

Brazilians what are you doing

Exporting meat was important for your economy

Pls stop destroying your country

Nothing changed, Brazil still a global superpower.

No, Brazil will be killed by ourselves, BRAZIL MUST DIE BY OUR OWN HAND!!! FUCK OUR PEOPLE!!!!!

t. ratto meridionale """""""""""""""vero""""""""""""""" italiano

Was getting caught selling rotten meat part of your plan?

at least read the whole news, idiot

>mas hoje, excepcionalmente, para o presidente Temer foi oferecida corte de marca brasileira.

it was served Brazilian meat this day

""""""""""""""""sure"""""""""""""""""""

www1.folha.uol.com.br/mercado/2017/03/1867967-churrascaria-que-serviu-temer-usa-carne-de-empresa-investigada.shtml

stop being stupid
Temer wanted to transmit safety
do you really he would have eaten other kind of meat? in front of all media, national and international? it would be easy to detect and expose the fraud

last year inspection discovered meat from 1983 in croatian and montenegro ports. who knows how many times meat that old ended up in our stores. fuck you fucking brazil stop exporting old meat and choke on your own rotten shit

I find it funny that people often forget that exports are actually inspected by both our country and the destination country

sauce on that
and most likely it is bullshit
those meats are audited by yourselves, even before entering your borders
this was mass hysteria

>frango

The man be keeping the primate man down!!!!

>Coreia do Sul voltará a receber carne brasileira

Is fogo de chão based?

It's always the same, it happened in the 40s, the 60s, the 90s and now the 2010s

That's why I don't eat food foreign from France.