This is now an actual AAA baseball team

This is now an actual AAA baseball team

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/sports/baseball/minors/2016/11/03/binghamton-baseball-nickname/93167166/
slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/09/how_brandiose_transformed_minor_league_baseball_from_the_hartford_yard_goats.html
nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/7_finalists_for_new_name_for_n.html#4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does nola have the lamest team names?

>minor league insider here,

These are really pissing me off. 90% of these name-the-team contests come up with something stupid, and the kicker is that the same company/branding group is behind most of them. Hartford now has the Yard Goats. Binghamton Mets are now the Binghamton Rumble Ponies. Jacksonville suns are now the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. Staten Island Yankees are about to be the Staten Island Pizza Rats. I know that the minor league team in Lynchburg VA tried something similar, but the fan vote for the old mascot was so overwhelming that they gave up.

Should note, all of those are new within the past year or for next season. If you notice, most of the "new team" branding logos and colors are similar looking. See: the new look of the Norfolk Tides. It's not a coincidence. And I'm getting real fuckin mad.

jumbo shrimp is a good name for a baseball team.

usatoday.com/story/sports/baseball/minors/2016/11/03/binghamton-baseball-nickname/93167166/

>Bullheads, Gobblers, Timber Jockeys, Rocking Horses and Stud Muffins, the other five finalists

>yard goats
>rumble ponies

These names are amazing though

the response in NOLA is a resounding WTF. some faggot from new york or new jersey or something bought the team a year ago and hired a firm from california to b come up with the fucking baby cakes. zephyr came with the team when they moved from denver, but at least that name has a local connection too (a gigantic rollercoaster that used to be on the lakefront)

there was literally nothing fucking wrong with Zephyrs, I'm incredibly mad
Fuck this owner, fuck this team, fuck that stupid King Cake baby mascot, just fold the team at this point

THIS IT'S THESE FUCKERS FOR ALL OF THEM REEEEEEEEEE

slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/09/how_brandiose_transformed_minor_league_baseball_from_the_hartford_yard_goats.html

>Gobblers
>Timber Jockeys
>Stud Muffins
>Bullheads
Might as well have named them the Village People.

Sup Forums RED PILL DROPPED

>sitting outside in New Orleans in the summer
No thanks. Why on earth would this city have a baseball team?

>"lel we'll let the fans decide!"
>pick the dumbest shit out of all of them
>"well it's what you guys wanted!"

nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/7_finalists_for_new_name_for_n.html#4

IM OUT

Why are they such dicks?

Seriously, they could have name the team "The Gay Homosexual Fairy Penis Enthusiasts" and it would sound less gay than "Timber Jockeys" and "Stud Muffins".

Laughing Baby logo has meme potential

>New Orleans Tailgators
>"Alligators are synonymous with Louisiana, and tailgating is synonymous with baseball."
Not once have I ever heard of anyone tailgating for any other sport other than football.

LSU Baseball is surprisingly popular and pretty successful

IIRC they actually used to play in the Superdome

the old baseball Pelicans used to in their final years, back when NOLA was actually doing well enough to try to get an MLB team

God I would hope so. Thanksgiving in New Orleans is just about as hot as my area during the summer. No wonder they have so many crazies down there

>crawfish
>po' boys
>red eyes

all of these would have been far superior

>New Orleans King Keks

>tfw they also made two throwback Pelicans jerseys for the King Cakes
real talk the throwbacks are awesome, definitely buying the interlocked NO hat

The Saints is probably the best expansion name the NFL's ever come up with.

absolutely disgusting