Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

Yes

Yes

Yes but I believe in my own kind of god.

I hate the word God and all it's meanings

I'm gonna mine gold, who's with me?

no

No, there is no god

No. It's a goofy idea that no one should take seriously.

i say, religion has had X many years to figure this out. and either cant, or refuses to. either way. its harmful.
at one point in time ( long after religion was set into motion) we thought the earth was flat, remember. took proof to change the minds of the world. if religion cant give that proof of god, then they either dont understand enough for it to be valid, or its not real. i added for it to be valid because if you dont understand something, how can you say its good or bad, and not just working to make you think its good...?
If its true, nothing will change that but i can believe all day long that the sun is really red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. but we see it as white. however with out proof, everyone else will still agree its yellow/orange to our eyes. ( at least prior to man visiting space)... proof just makes the truth that much more believable and real.

You can't proof to me with out a doubt that God us real, because there us no God. I dare you to try. Pleb.

Probably not, considering there's zero proof. If god's real he clearly doesnt give a shit so why should we

This is the kind of question which you only ask when pointing a gun to somebody's head.

Maybe. Perhaps the god of this universe we call home is a fat neck beard running a computer simulation in which our consciousness are created and then uploaded into conscientious consumer product robots in his world. Eager to serve and over joyed to be alive forever.

How can you say that?

No
But Allah yes
He is just and will allow us to smite the infidels
ALLAHU AKBAR !!!

I dont like that word. Its been used for too many different things. But i believe in a collective human conciousness and in spirits/souls. Im questioning tho how much they are actually able to do in this dimension.

We should care because we are better than God. Don't let Him bring you down to His level.

No, but if there is a god he must be an asshole.

Do you believe in sucking dicks?

ding ding ding

I've seen it with my own eyes. So I do.

"Proof" is a concept of the physical sciences, and all of the examples you provided are based in observation of the physical world.

God is a spiritual concept, and his existence governs the physical laws rather than being governed by them. To try to prove his existence with physical or logical proofs is a pointless endeavor. It also undermines the entire concept of faith, with is essential to our free will.

But God has given us another tool. Rather than having proof of his existence, we can know his love. If you open your heart God will come to you and even without proof you will know him. If that's not what you wanted to here then that's fine. You can keep your heart closed for now. But God will never stop waiting for you and one day if you are willing to truly open yourself to his love you will have the closest thing to proof spirituality can provide.

You're an idiot. Tried that stupid psychobabble bull shill when I was a kid. Kys you child molester! Imho, all religious idiots are chomos.

You will never defeat them in war
You have to fight them in business
Beating them is in making more money them
chimp kys

Your God is a child molester ... PROVE ME WRONG pedoFAGGET!

That was an incredibly articulate rebuttal. Like I said, if you're willing to open you heart God will be there to show you his love. If you tried it as a child, perhaps you've grown enough now to try it and truly understand what it means.

*tips baseball cap*

this is only auto-persuasion. any enjoyable sensation, of beatitude, etc. can be "the love of god"'. Humans just need to put an absolute above their head if not then you just die out of nothingness

Sorry, I'm not a paedophile and don't care about your shity God concept nor about your stupid cult. Kindly Fuck off you paedophile Fuck.

>believing in God
*tips fedora

Anyone believing in a god is a fucking retard. How can people be so stupid to fuckin believe in something they cannot see and that hasn't been seen by anyone, ever?

I neither believe nor disbelieve. I wasn't raised religiously, and nothing about my life experiences so far has led me to believe that there is or isn't a God.

I suppose you could lump me into the category of "agnostic" just because I simply don't know. I don't believe that there's a God in the sense there is some wise being watching over us who has a set of rules we're supposed to adhere to.

I think that if there is a God it's something so complex that we could never possibly understand it.

I don't understand how people have their certainties. "I KNOW God exists" or "I KNOW God doesn't exist".

Used to be pretty agnostic leaning towards atheist. Not anymore. I believe.

Yes, I believe I exist.

If you can't prove it's real, than its not real you idiot. Simple logic. Which religion has PROVEN with out doubt, God is a figment of your imagination. You will justify anything as " the power of God" ... You're just a weak minded fool. Enjoy your cult of paedophiles and child molesters. Sick fucks!

no, but if he was anything like how he acted in the bible then there would be no question. that character seems to have a hatred for humans and their stupidity.

insecurity.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one that saw that when reading that book of fairy tales.

That's an understandable position to have, but I think there's also a lot of practical applications to spirituality. Spirituality often leads to surrounding yourself with other people who are striving to make the best of themselves through charity, honesty, and caring about others. Surrounding yourself with that type of person pushes you to be be upstanding yourself. That drive to help others and be your best self improves your quality of life and sense of fulfillment.

Even if you interpret God's love as just auto-persausion, that is still an emotional improvement over despair. The practical conclusion is that even if you reject its source, spirituality improves quality of life and leads to charitable acts, emotional fulfillment, and a gathering of like-minded people striving to improve the world.

To me, that makes it worth trying. If it doesn't work for you then you can hold on to your rejection of God as a deity. But I hope exposure to the lifestyle allows you to accept Gods love even if you refuse his being.

Nope. I also believe life is some sort of simulation we can't possibly understand the purpose of, and space is so harsh and difficult to spend any significant time in to keep us all here to save RAM.

in during religion debate meme...
>nobody wins

I believe the universe is too vast, too amazing, and too fucking weird for there not to be a supreme entity. I believe that the book of Genesis gave us the blueprint for the creation of the universe via the big bang and evolution, which is kind of fucking amazing and shouldn't be discounted readily. Beyond that, I'm open to possibilities.

Your statement leaves out an important consideration: The type of proof you consider valid. You would accept nothing less than an autographed selfie of God delivered to you by doves singing "Hallelujah". Billions of people across the earth have a different standard. They know God through his love, and have taken that proof so deeply to heart that many of them would die before they would deny it.

You believe that makes us weak. I can see why you would think that, but it isn't true. I have my proof. It's available to you whenever you are ready to see it.

You're an idiot, you can't provoke something that's made up. Just ask humptydumpty

Picking your nose is a nasty habit

Allah means God...

That is an interesting perspective. Have you considered that it isn't all made up? I agree that a lot of religion has been influence and sometimes even corrupted by a culture of power retention. But I think if you spend time sifting through the cultural influences then at its core you will find a truth about God and his will for us.

I'm not trying to trigger you by the way. You seem awfully emotionally disturbed by our conversation and that's not my goal. I'm just hoping to have a discussion.

Waiting for UNDOUBTABLE proof, there was none 1000 years ago..you have none now, you'll have none in 1000 years from now. God its real and prayer changes nothing. Read the Iranian book you plebs. "God" is the same as karma, meant to be a thought adjuster, to keep you in check. To think before you act, or in most cases react. People still holding onto the God concept are terrorists holding the world hostage ... they Do NOT want peace as this would proof their God is not real.

I spent a lifetimes worth of time on the subject. ... conclusion. If you have to believe in something to make it real, it's not real. If prayer changes explain why paedophiles still roam .. you think assaulted children don't pray to have it stop. There is no God, open your eyes and stop being a tool.

Doubt is a central concept of faith. Saying you want undoubtable proof is just betraying the reality that you have not explored spirituality enough to understand it.

Could you please elaborate on how I do not want peace? I find your aggressive antitheism to be rather interesting.

Religion BREEDS hatred, stop the hate, ban ALL religions.

Not an atheist, just smarter than you shills. If anything, Agnostic.

> Prove to me with out a doubt that God is real

I can't prove ANYTHING without a doubt. Best I can do is prove something to beyond reasonable doubt.

2000 years ago some guy called Jesus showed up. We know about him because a bunch of people wrote about him - historians, his friends and his followers.

- We don't have reason to believe that these people knowingly wrote incorrect things about Jesus. Many of Jesus's followers died for what they believed in and/or for what they wrote, which suggests they truely believed in it.
- We don't have reason to doubt the mental state of biblical and historical writers in Jesus's time. There's no evidence to suggest that the biblical writers were madmen (if there IS, I'd love to see it). Luke, for example, was a doctor, not a madman.
- We don't have reason to believe that their writings were altered during transmission. The earliest manuscripts of these writings that WE have copies of were transcribed around 50 to 100 years after the writing of the original manuscripts. If someone were to intercept and alter the biblical writings, they'd have to do it within the first 50 years the manuscripts were around for in order for us to not notice the tampering today; and there's no evidence to suggest that was happening.

These writings claim that at the age of 32, Jesus was crucified, buried, and was then resurrected 2 days later.

- If Jesus were really still dead, Jesus's enemies would be able to disprove early Christians by simply visiting the tomb Jesus was buried in and parading Jesus's dead body around the streets of Jerusalem.
- If Jesus were really still dead, his disciples would not have written books about them nor would they have been prepared to die for the books they wrote.
- If Jesus were really still dead, the biblical writers would not be able to claim that Jesus had appeared before hundreds of other witnesses after he rose from the dead as these 'witnesses' wouldn't exist.

If it exists, there is proof. So... guess that means God doesn't exist.

You sound like a little bitch

Still waiting for finite proof ... you can't give any because God isn't real. Stop being a fucktard. No one likes a Pedo.

>People still holding onto the God concept are terrorists holding the world hostage

I find the assertion that you agnostic hard to believe. Your statements up to this point have all pointed to a mindset of judging and belittling anyone who doesn't outwardly reject God. That more closely fits a philosophy of anti-theism. If you are agnostic then would you be open to exploring the possibility that God exists?

god is a nigger. prove me wrong.

No. Even if there is a god, he don't care about us.
> Try harder next time, faggot

Logic requires proof without doubt. If you can't find or give me this proof, ill stick with logics assessment of "God is not real".

As soon as there is finite undoubtable proof, ill believe in such existence. Till then, I prefer to stick with what's real and logical.

God is the universe. Everyone and everything on the planet universally together as one is god.

>god is a nigger. prove me wrong.

God doesn't exist, niggers do. Proven!

Even in statistics things are only proven to a degree of certainty. Virtually nothing in the scientific method can be shown to absolute certainty, as such a thing is impossible.

There is evidence across the world, from sightings of Mary to prophetic dreams. By your standard, those things would place a small degree of doubt until they can be 100% disproven by science. Your own standard makes you a raging hypocrite.

In addition to this, prophesies written at least 300 years before Jesus's birth specifically reference him and his life. Prophesies include Jesus's specific genealogy, the fact that Herod would kill all the children in Nazareth Jesus's age, the fact that he'd be called the King of the Jews, the fact that he'd have an older cousin, the fact that his ministry would start in Galilee, the fact that he'd enter Jerusalem on a donkey, be betrayed by a friend (for specifically 30 pieces of silver), that he'd be silent before his accusers, that he'd be crucified, that his clothes would be divided by casting lots, that his bones would not be broken during crucifixion (against Roman policy), and that he'd be buried in a rich man's tomb.

These prophesies are too specific to be mere coincidence; yet they all came true.

The simplest explanation for the biblical writings and ancient prophesy coming true is: that Jesus DID come back to life (and therefore, there is a God). If you disagree, I'd like to hear a better explanation.

> Still waiting for finite proof

I'm not sure what more proof you're looking for user. Could you give me an idea of what more proof you'd need?

>mfw created by an angry bearded nigger

>prophetic dreams
>proof
If I dream you stop sucking so much dicks a day, is it real ?

make it rain for 60 days and nights non stop. and ill believe.

>Can't suck less than zero

BTFO by statistics twice in one thread

Show me something god have DONE, or something that show it exist, like a picture or anything you can touch and is undoubtly not the work of a praying faggot.

Yeah, prophesies written down in an old book of mythology came true in another book of mythology written a bit later. Can't be a coincidence.

The bible says God would never make it rain 40 days and nights again. I need more for proof. Else it's fake and just a bunch of prayerfags looking for a daddy figure to touch em.

holy shit you are a fucking faggot

> Make it rain for 60 days and nights non stop

So you need a miracle to believe in God?

Turns out he's already performed plenty of them. They're well documented, too - they're all written in this book that I've just given you good reason to not doubt.

If you think there IS reason to doubt the bible, the burden of proof is on you - we generally give historical documents the benefit of the doubt when they make statements about things that happened in the past.

You say God loves regardless. That's not true... according g to the bible he Hates with a vengeance any one who doesn't believe in him.

God is real bitches and all the indian kids who died and never knew about his existence will burn in hell

Written by different authors, in different time periods, who didn't know each other or have any means of communicating with each other.

It's easily proven that the prophets wrote their prophesies before Jesus was born; no historian doubts it. You simply carbon date the manuscripts of Isiah, etc and you find that they all originated from before when Jesus was born.

It's also easily proven that the prophesies came true. It wasn't just Jesus's disciples that wrote that he was crucified - Roman historians wrote about that, too.

fucking communist hippy

No, I told you Exactly what I need. Not a miracle, just 60 days of solid rain. If he did 40 in the past 60 today should be just as easy. The burden of proof is on the believer not the logical ones. If you can't PROVE ITS REAL that's not my problem. it's yours .

He's done plenty of miracles user. They're all well documented in this book called The Bible. If you've got reason to doubt The Bible's authenticity, I'd love to hear your reasoning for why you don't think its trustworthy.

I think I've already covered the main points - no reason to doubt the writers or the transmission of their writings.

This.

It's "God" in Arabic. Christian Arabs say Allah when they refer to God.

One thing i don't get, how did he create the earth on the first day and on the other he created light if there were no "days" to begin with

I'm my own god

For starters, I can't just ask God to give me 60 days of solid rain to appease some faggot on Sup Forums. He's his own being and I'm not in control of him. It's completely ridiculous for you to think that, if a God does exist, he's somehow under my beck and call.

The whole spirit of your post was that you need some sort of sign from God. There are already plenty out there, and God doesn't have to make more - especially not to get your attention. The signs that he has performed, to prove his own existence, are well documented. One of them includes raising a man from the dead. Why is it that these miracles are inadequate proof for you?

All y'all niggas are playing for the wrong team. The Lord of light has the knowledge of God and knew to shine away from him.

The dark lord has much to give to those who listen.

Agathos Daimon of plague and fever
Thy name is nowhere, thy name is never
Liberate me
Ignite the seeds
Bind not to guilt
Ignis Gehennalis
Oh father, oh satan, oh sun
Let the children come to thee
Behold the morning star
Akephalos
Shine through me
Come forth in war
Come forth in peace
Like a day without the dawn
Like a ray void of the sun

Actually it's not a problem for me at all. I'm not the one who's insecure in my faith. To me the proof is all around us. If you refuse to see it I feel bad for you, and I wish I could help you. But I can't force you to accept God when you've shut your heart to his love.

Someday user, I hope you find the same fulfillment in life that others have. Right now I can see you anger and your pain and my heart goes out to you. I hope you find peace.

60 days FAGGOT !!! No less!

>raising a man from the dead
Just because barely literate sand niggers wrote it down doesen't mean it's true

Genesis is a very poetically written book user.* There are a ton of arguments had in Christian circles about what's actually meant in it.

It could mean that God created the earth within a 24 hour time period.

It could mean that God created the earth within a few million years, but couldn't be bothered explaining the concept of that much time to the Jews.

It could mean that God created the earth in an instant, all the land and seas and animals made at the same time.

The important part about Genesis isn't the semantics. The point of Genesis is not to argue about how a day can't exist without the sun. The point of Genesis is to describe to the reader that God made everything. Thats what we should take away from it.

Holy shit kid you honestly sound like you're just spouting out shit you watched in a video. science can't 'physically' observe the paranormal, the unknown, or the supernatural. otherwise you'd know about the REAL proof of ghosts, or proof about demons. Stuff like that is experienced personally, So the 'physical' proof you're looking for won't come around. He's trying to tell you to discover yourself and discover God through love. You seem to lack love user. I can assume right now that you're under 21 and still unsure so you let others form opinions for you. Once you realize it for yourself its a beautiful thing

>We know about him because a bunch of people wrote about him - historians, his friends and his followers.

You know that, with the exception of some of Paul's letters, the books of the New Testament are either anonymous or pseudepigrapha, right?

The gospels weren't actually written by Mark, Matthew, Luke and John, but by unknown authors who lived decades after Jesus' death. The gospels didn't even have names before the mid-IInd century.

Jesus' followers didn't speak Greek, were most likely illiterate, and were probably all dead by the time the first gospels were written.

Give me reason to doubt their testimony, then. We have no reason to believe they deliberately lied. We have no reason to believe they're too stupid to realize that Jesus's brother replaced him or some shit. We have no reason to believe that the sandniggers couldn't transcribe one manuscript to another.

Yes, "Just because (literate because they wrote whole fucking books, which you've never done in your life user) sand niggers wrote it down doesn't mean it's true." You're right about that. But "It's true" IS the simplest explanation. If you've got reason to doubt the sandniggers I'd love to hear why.

Lololol l... you made me laugh, idiot. 86400 minutes of rain, no less ... then ill feel the love. Else God is fake. Waiting for proof still, religious fags can't give any, but I'm gonna give you a chance. I need proof. A "miracle" done to/for another user does not make ME believe. Don't be naieve.

I am fascinated by the dedication you have in your beliefs user, have a good life

You telling me that when you read some book which contains the most outrageous claims, the simplest answer is "it must be true"? The fuck?

Of course I have reason to doubt the sandniggers. Nobody has ever risen from the dead, ever. Nobody has ever walked on water, ever...Except in the works of FICTION.

>If you've got reason to doubt The Bible's authenticity
give a good reason why it should be considered authentic. were you there when it was written? you know the folks who wrote it and translated it? you seriously think it would be impossible to be tampered with in the translation process? are you willing to believe anything blindly if its written in a book?

I could write in a book and say anything I want and call it authentic. what is the difference?