Whats a good amount to save for moving? Im moving to Washington in 2 years. I make 850$ a month, my rent is 100$...

Whats a good amount to save for moving? Im moving to Washington in 2 years. I make 850$ a month, my rent is 100$, 100$ for car insurance and phone bill. So pretty much i have about 600$ to fuck with a month, the housing me and my buddies are looking at will cost us about 300$ each a month. How much should i save a month?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2011/05/18/how-to-make-money-in-the-stock-market/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some funnies for your troubles

As much as possible. It's stupid to only save exactly what you need when you can continue to stuff that excess into your mattress or a savings account. Never hurts to always have $500 on hand for unwanted expenses. Life is tough sometimes and shit most definitely happens so save away.

Holy god, how the fuck did you manage a 100 rent bill?

Im a pretty organized person, so i guess i like to have a stable savings ya know? Like if i put away and handle what i need to, i can enjoy my fuck around money guilt free.

I live with my friend, so he breaks it off ok lol its not thr nicest place in town, but its livable.

Fierce negotiating with mom. His tendies run another $200 a month of course.

Protip: If you have a 2 year timeframe, don't just leave the money in your account. Have it grow by investing it somewhere like a low-cost index fund.

>makes chinese wages
>moving to washington with "buddies"
>marijuana refugee
>kys

You wat m8. I dont even smoke or do drugs, i just drink. Washington is dope!

Hmm interesting. Idk how to go about this, school didn't exactly teach me these things. Ima look into this

if you can barely afford to live where youre currently at with a $100 rent payment, i give you dipshits like 3 months tops when your rent payment triples. have fun mooching with the rest of the pot refugees.

Ha, yea, you'll never have school teach you any of that stuff.

Jesus so angry lol if it makes you feel better, i could always get a 2nd job. Im just asking what is a good amount of money to save up for moving. Im a care provider right now, i can easily get another job and make about 1,400 a month.

Ya because school is so useful! Lols

Anyway, if you want to learn about it, this article tells you what you need, with no BS

mrmoneymustache.com/2011/05/18/how-to-make-money-in-the-stock-market/

The rest of the site is also excellent.

Thank you user! I appreciate it

Coming to my state fag.

Oh im cumming alright

>rent for 1 month is $100
>rent

I think you mean board, son.

Kek

Save everything you don't have to spend. Notice the words "have to"

As much as you possibly can, but at least 3 months worth of living expenses plus money for anything else you'll need when you move (u haul, new furniture, etc.)

Makes sense actually, i never moved out of state, so i wanna make sure im good, i do have 2 years, but time flies man!

These funds are powerful, even though they appear very simple. Have enough money in one, you'll never have to work again.

wherever the fuck you are: DONT LEAVE. It's super cheap. My wife and I are paying $1700 for a 2 bedroom.

If you can legit save $600 a month, I would save for 2 or 3 years and buy a house or apartment outright. Stop throwing away rent money.

SAVE SAVE SAVE. At least a year or 2. Then buy.

You'll thank me.

"As much as possible" is a good answer here. Although to be honest, if you sock away $500 a month for two damn years, you'll have enough to put the down payment on a house when you get there. Get your buddies to put in for the utilities, and you'll be set. The payment will be roughly what you'd pay for rent anyway, and this way you won't have to worry about a landlord. Plus, odds are the recession will have hit by that point, which will mean the price of housing will plummet.

you probably dont need that much
7k would be ideal and you wouldnt have to sacrifice your daily wake n bake

Im very intrigued actually, my mother is an accountant so perhaps she'll help me? Well see, i hope all goes well.

>not everybody smokes user

Im currently staying at my friends house, with his grandma. That's why rent is so cheap, its kind of dirty, the place has some mold... I live in fresno California, i want to get far away from this shit hole. I dont have a specific time frame, i plan to get better job opportunities within the time being. I might take 3 years to move, im just genuinely curious to what would be an acceptable amount of money to save for moving like this.

was sopposed to be an analogy for whatever vice's you got dude. go get some kfc or buy a 5th of whiskey, doesnt matter

Ha, yeah, the kid on Sup Forums moving to Washington with his friends doesn't smoke

I dont smoke lol i actually quit smoking and partaking in drugs so i can save. I figured its time to stop partying and grow up. 14,000$ i would really have to sacrifice alot of things.

First and last month's rent at an average apmnt and 3x what you think you'll need for food.

I'd also seriously consider what
has said. The only thing I'd add is if you want to super-boost your financials, buy a small multifamily not just a single-unit anything. If you keep it to duplex, tri, or quad, it still can qualify as a personal residence. With good tenants, you'd essentially be getting paid to live there.

Just a suggestion. I know it sounds ballsy, but it would set you up for life.

I DONT SMOKE, jesus Christ why is that so hard to believe lol

>3x what you think for food
you think you can just not eat, but that shit never pans out

Im moving with my sister, and my bro in law, i call them buddies, because they essentially are. However, they are older with good jobs, so they want a house, with a garage and all haha. I believe i can maybe save close to 600$ a month. Id have to have sleep for dinner sometimes though haha