Are Germany and other European countries freeloaders?

Are Germany and other European countries freeloaders?
Should we spend more money for military?

Yes and yes.

No. America chooses how big budget they want to have on their own. No one is forcing them to pay that much. They do it for their own agenda, power and influence in Yurop.

meh

i don't think you can show how important defense is to countries that don't feel threatened.

comparing to what the US contributes, getting some countries to up their military spending by 0.2% - 1% is like pissing in an ocean of piss for NATO, but might be a lot for said countries.

if the US didn't spend as much as they did, I wouldn't doubt other countries would be more willing to go even over 2%, but as it stands, it's just not useful.

No
No

T W O P E R C E N T
W
O
%

yes and no

The problem is that German people are raise in a pretty anti-military fashion.
And since we don't really feel threatend by Russians, increasing military spending is really hard to sell to German population

>Are Germany and other European countries freeloaders?
Not really. America pretends like they're financing your entire welfare system, but the shortfall is fucking tiny compared with health and education spending.

>Should we spend more money for military?
Yes, your countries agreed to the target 2%. It shows good faith to America and those that do reach that target.

NATO was a mistake.

honestly though do you think the US would stop protecting Canada because we don't poor billions into our military? of course they fucking wouldn't that'd be stupid of them. or maybe they are that dumb. i dont know.

protecting Canada from what

Putins

baby seals

I guess it should be up to each country to evaluate. In our case, clearly not. Apparantly it's a sort of mandate somewhere in the NATO charter that le 2% of GDP should be dedicated to defense spending but that has never been the case for the majority of countries, so all in all seems one of those things not actually really meant, just like all the theoretical legal mandates about human rights in Murica that, in practice, they don't give a flying fuck about and viva Guantanamo.

The list of things not meant to be followed seriously.

Also, saying no to le 2% is tantamounting to telling the albino orangutan to fuck off lol, since he's so adamant with that meme, and that's probably the best argument in favour of no to le 2%.

You

From you guys.

tbqh though USA is and always will be the greatest threat to Canada

To be honest, I would actually support Germany investing more in its military.
Sadly most Germans are against it, and Trump making such demands doesn't make it exactly easier for Merkel to sell it to German population

PAY DENBTS

Why are germans so anti military?
I know its probably a reverberation of de-nazification, but what is most peoples actual reasoning for being anti military?

No idea why they even cry.
I mean what big Nato missions are there right now? What cost is there?
We take part in all of the missions right now (iirc), so where is the problem? Should we just spend more to scare away the evil Rusikies? (as if they would care about our shitty army, even with 2%...)

We have grown up with learning about the horrors of the third reich, and in our mind military = jingoism = evil
Also, during the cold war, it was clear to Germans that in case of WW3, Germany would be turned into a nuclear wasteland, so people were naturally against escalation.
Those historical facts, and that Germans dont really feel threatend nowadays, makes our population pretty anti-militaristic.

You may give us some money to defend Europe
We are only country of EU to have the nuke, a right of veto and a whole army

2bh i think it would be the only way we could realistically increase our military budget.
An united EU army under French leadership

Yes, thought at least with Germany their foreign aid spending is quite high, unlike other freeloading poor nations like Spain, etc.

this is really what burger have demanded to us.
but It sounds totally illogical and selfish.

American themselves disarmed our military after the ww2 and has interfered us almost always for more than 70 years as they utilizing our land as convenient as they want for the strategy of the US.

in the first place, there is no logical reason for japan to fight for American favour because we have just hired America as a mercenary in an loan-agreement.

Gay

America is a policeman not a mercenary

Tbh I think we should buy exocets from France and big ass railguns from Germany until we reach le 2%.

And problem solved.

Germoney, gib kannonen pls :3

police officer must be sincere and fair.

America is nothing more than an arbitrary mafia threating others with excessive military.

I thought only the US Navy had railguns at the moment.

>America is nothing more than an arbitrary mafia threating others with excessive military.
Sounds more like China to me.

Fuck you

>be nice to America
>"Fuck you"
Fucking fine then you Yank poofter.

Dont be so harsh on him.
Americans have very bad school education, so it is no wonder he misunderstood your message.
Try to explain it to him like he was 5 years old

America is a fascist hellhole. Westernshits hate China because of US propaganda. Stop hating China. China is your best friend in this world.

are you chinese?

Don't mind the chinaman