Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8
wyndwood.bandcamp.com/album/be-yourself
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

watch ton give it a decent 8

it good album doe

fuck off reddit

Trite

every time I'm with my friend he plays this and honestly I like it a lot more than Salad Days and whatnot

fuck p4k desu

MAC DEMARCO B T F O

lol

theres a few pretty good songs on there 2 was his best

Is 7.9 not a good score?..

7.9 = ~8 = 4/5 stars

how is that bad?

everything that isn't bnm is kind of made to look like it's not really great
especially for an artist who used to get bnms, then it makes them look like they've fallen off

p4k is an enemy to music

JUST
is this the end of Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV???

Yes it is Kent.

>On his third album, the antics of Mac DeMarco are muted in favor of his impeccable songwriting, which shines through more than ever with warmth and precision.

How is that a bad review?

You're an idiot if you honestly believe this

it kinda affirms what they liked him for

This is a great score, don't be a spazz user. Never listened to Mac DeMarco in my life, where do I get started?

>3 singles get BNT
>album gets 7.9

TINY

2 and go backwards

Don't get started, DeMarco is a Shit tier artist who's made one song that's memorable. Ode to viceroy is a decent tune.

How come the new Gas bullshit gets BNM but this doesn't?

the funny thing is that the singles are the least memorable parts of the album. one another, still beating, moonlight on the river etc. are all better songs than my old man, this old dog, on the level by miles.

still though, why do people still trust reviews from this shit website?

>the new Gas bullshit
fuck off fantanofag

See? You have to resort to presuming some sort of aerial bias instead of generating a decent counterargument.

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this is his best record.

i do as well user.

its amazing how personal mac gets in this, and he tops it off with some cozy guitar tunes. solid 9/10

Fantano is going to give this a 6 cap this.

Pitchfork has long been shit. However, while obviously 7.9 isn't a "bad" score the fact that they brought it so close to an eight but kept it .1 away is kind of insulting. Almost like they're trying to fuck with him.

Either way it's a solid album and no reason to not give it BNM when they gave that to Salad Days. It's his most diverse and interesting release.

Easily is. 2 was great and Salad Day as well as Another One were both good but similar follow ups.

This album feels like his first step forward into new territory and the songwriting is all still great.

I can't believe they gave three singles best new track but didn't give the album BNM when plenty of the album songs are better than the singles.

huh?
its worse than salad days

> It's his most diverse and interesting release.
what is ying yang and rock n roll nightclub?

So they give him BNM when he releases the same album twice. But when he actually tries to push his sound forward and evolve they only give him a 7.9? Idiots.

Rock n roll Nightclub isn't diverse or interesting, you just think that because he pitch shifts his vocals.

>its worse than salad days

Sorry, I prefer artists to move forward and not re-hash what they've already done.

Ying Yang is irrelevant.

If no red circle no good

this desu

>Sorry, I prefer artists to move forward and not re-hash what they've already done.
pls tell me what he is rehasing on salad days, another one, and some other ones
none of those albums sound alike.

>Ying Yang is irrelevant.
how so?

Salad Days is a complete remake of 2 except with two synth driven tracks. Everyone knows this.

youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8
what 2 song sounds like this?

a-all of them user. Do you have ears?

>Do you have ears?
pic related

don't reply to me until u have some proof of all of his albums sounding the same

I gave you proof

>prove your subjective opinion to me

Go back to school

>he's popular therefore you're wrong

what chords is using on salad days and 2

>don't reply to me until u have some proof of all of his albums sounding the same

Nobody said they all sounded the same. I just said Salad Days sounds like 2. Don't reply to me until you fucking comprehend what I posted.

A and G

wrong

youre such a fucking dumbass newfaggot if thats the point you think he was making. Holy shit how new can you be, FUCK

not even that user but I had to reply because you Booty BOTHERED me so badly

that's literally the argument he was making
you must be very new here

>well it was fun while it lasted

1. That's not a bad score

2. He already has a massive established fanbase so he's good. He ain't going anywhere yet.

Other user is saying Salad Days is better than This Old Dog. I'm arguing This Old Dog is superior because it's more diverse and not a retread of 2 like Salad Days.

I love all of Macs albums.

Also it has nothing to do with how new you are. You're just dumb.

Way to jump into a conversation without reading previous posts. SMOOTH

People can't comprehend you might disagree with them without completely hating an artist. I agree Salad Days is similar to 2 yet I still love both and actually prefer Salad Days a bit.

Haven't listened to This Old Dog yet but if pitchfork ranked it lower than his other albums I bet that means I'll fucking love it

Fantano is gonna give it an 8

They liked him for Captured Tracks' image and PR money you retard, both of which have shriveled up and died.

you honestly think captured tracks has money to pay p4k

Half-way through Salad Days, this is really good, sounds like the Durutti Column.

>Dreamin
>Passing Out Pieces
>A Heart Like Hers
All memorable and better than Viceroy

Rock and Roll Nightclub - 6/10
2 - 8/10
Salad Days - 7/10
Another One - 6/10
Some Other Ones - 6.5/10
This Old Dog - 5/10

no

>Oh no I like this artist so anything bad people say about it is wrong
Fuck off, the other user is right all of his songs sound the same

crybaby

>7.9
>bad

I remember them so they're memorable by definition
Btfo

no

You could have at least picked one of the songs from that album that actually has a unique sound like Passing Out Pieces or Chamber of Reflection

why wuld i link the already named synth tracks

Contrarians and elitistfags, if mac is shit, derivative & 'nostalgiacore' then please direct me to whatever artist he sounds like on 2. Because that guitar playing is perhaps some of the most innovative of this century

none
ppl whine all his stuff "sounds the same" but have no better examples

>reviewing music that isn't even out yet

baka

leaked 2 weeks ago newfag

I know that faggot

nah

>animenigger proofing himself as braindead again

He needn't believe it for himself for it to be true.

Mac demarco is one of my favorite artists of all time but most of his songs all sound the same

p4k hates albums which don't do new shit, as good as the album is p4k was never gonna give it bnm

They once did, yes. That's why they were getting consistent BNMs up until like 2014. Their image became played out and so the money dried up.

>facebook meme
>unironic animehate
you've been here a week tops, it's obvious

The Return of the Durutti Column

wyndwood.bandcamp.com/album/be-yourself

>Acoustic
>Bedroom
>Emo