Why aren't we talking about this? this is rock aoty so far

why aren't we talking about this? this is rock aoty so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=8c0pR02pv9k

Other urls found in this thread:

jezebel.com/this-hurts-people-we-believed-the-gordon-moore-marria-1537202472
youtube.com/watch?v=pkQi-Gpatac
youtube.com/watch?v=X9UlGVT-m8c
kaironirse.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump why is this board so plebian

It's Plebeian

thurston moore might be talented
He is still a pretentious douchebag.
He does not warrant my attention

>He is still a pretentious douchebag.
how so?

you would know user

jezebel.com/this-hurts-people-we-believed-the-gordon-moore-marria-1537202472
youtube.com/watch?v=pkQi-Gpatac

lots of punk/alt bands from the time acted like assholes. it was a scene based on rebellious ideologies. but how does that make him pretentious?

plus even if they are assholes, how does that affect the music?

>unironically linking to a jezebel article

Decent album but certainly not an aoty contender in any genre. Judged by his standards it's run-of-the-mill stuff, and recording a 12 minute song doesn't automatically make it more ambitious than his other solo projects.

Are you fucking for real? Kairon absolutely blows this hunk of horseshit out of the fucking water. This album is literal garbage compare to Kairon. Dont do this buddy you're gonna fucking lose bad.

>Judged by his standards
maaybe.. but his standards are pretty high. i don't think it's the length of the songs that makes them good, it's the songs themselves. his guitar playing is as unique and unpredictable as usual but it's still beautiful. most of it sounds like a cross between glenn branca and more trad indie rock. and smoke of dreams is just a damn good song

Light decent I would strongly agree with but definitely not extremely decent

nah. and that's coming from the biggest spacemen 3 fanboy ever

Wut

I'm completely missing the correlation

i guess cause theyre both space rock??

Lmfao

Like if he wants to do this and get fucking annihilated then by all means. But Kairon will literally destroy this glorified RSD garbage.

Who is Kairon?

you know that album with the monster thing drinking kool aid

A name that anyone who's gonna start slinging shit like aoty should be intimately familiar with.

No?

Is this a new meme or something?

No, it's not.

I saw him live last year and he did mostly shit from this and it was an absolute snoozefest
the state of your life, stanning this hard for a 7/10 space rock act

With SY, I generally prefer the Moore tracks to the ones with his sometimes shrieky ex on vocals, but I don't see how Smoke of Dreams offers anything that he hasn't previously done better, like here
youtube.com/watch?v=X9UlGVT-m8c

Compared to this Thurston BORE album you bet your fucking ass.

damn you're really with the bantz

I've listened to this album, and it's really not that impressive. Coming from a big Sonic Youth fan and Thurston Moore apologist, theres really not much this album offers that his last one(of any sonic youth album for that made). He's old man. He hit his peak with Sonic Youth, and has basically been making the same album ever since. Definitely not a contender for AOTY.

wow user you're a little too excited about that album rn. it's not even that great. keep it in your pants.

I'm not the one who made this garbage fucking thread.

wow you're really on one right now user. take a deep breath

kaironirse.bandcamp.com/
these guys

well, it's called shit-posting for a reason

I loved it. Not an AOTY contender, though.

I wish he had added Cease Fire into this album.

>Cease Fire
haven't heard this. was it a single or something?