Now that the dust has settled, who was the best artist to have come out of the folk revival scene?

Now that the dust has settled, who was the best artist to have come out of the folk revival scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DVD4sgiAJ9U
youtu.be/3DsUTW4MdtM
tumblr.com/
youtu.be/tqTG2IYXm10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Joanna probably

bob dylan

Phil Ochs

Whats the relevance of the photo?

Seeger

The Mountain Goats.

Tbh Erykah Badu could have done it better.

I like them, but better than Dylan and co.? Hardly

the amount of gaslighting this year has been insane

Do elaborate

it might take a sec so let me explain. the goal of gaslighting is to make people question themselves and their mental state through subtle means. in this case posting an unrelated pic with a normal thread so you look for the connection between the subject and the pic. like there was a thread last week asking something about classical but with a pic of sam harris. this isn't just a "pic unrelated" thing because normally people will post an attention grabbing meme as the picture and say pic unrelated. and it's not just people trying to b8 for (yous) because they normally post a pic of sam hyde, or false flag as pol, or something else that's been done often. i've seen this often on here, and tv (don't go often but even then i noticed it). i'm assuming this happens on other larger boards as well. i believe either a) one person had just been gaslighting to fuck with people and it caught on as a meme b) it's a group of people who had been gaslighting and it caught on as a meme c) it's a group of people still gaslighting so that it becomes a meme. if it is a meme, i doubt the people spreading know the original intent of the gaslighting. i have no idea why the original people did it though.

these might be gaslighting as well

it kinda follows the formula, but the first one is music related and the second one is a meme. the only thing that makes me think it might be gaslighting is the fact that they were both posted 1 sec apart and they are both tying to get you to look introspectively and plant negative ideas about yourself (your "taste" and your relationship with your father. they do this through leading questions. they're probably just shit posts, but this is sorta what i meant by gaslighting.

Look up Stockhausen. One of his quotes in particular. /hint

forgot the arrows

See

you paranoid schizophrenic.

The man was a fucking legend

what does the stockhausen quote have to do with the rest of the post though? you could apply this photo to any topic about music. this is asking about the folk revival scene not, artistic statements or whatever.

I try as best I can to play like him and his milky was eye.

milky *ass eye

I've been practicing to play like him for years now. I've got the deep river blues down, but damn, fingerpickng this 2 fingers is rough.

Why the FUCK would you post this fucking image??

You realize there's people out there that had family die in that tragedy? What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't come on Sup Forums to see fucking images like that.

I lost my fucking brother that day, fuck you asshole.

9/11 WAS a national tragedy

If you didn't post pepe I would have thought it's real!

>amerifat
tip top kek
no one cares
fag

Yeah whatever, I really don't care if you believe me or not, asshole.

Just know there are people out there still dealing with the fallout and emotional trauma caused that day. Fuck you.

More than just Americans died that day you stupid fuck.

yadda yadda yadda tower 7 yadda yadda yadda pentagon missile yadda yadda missing trillions yadda yadda Joe Biden

It's actually easier for me than 3 finger. I'm a flat picker usually so not banjo/Scruggs oriented

No he wasn't. He was a fucking bigot.

Yeah I normally roll with a 3-finger style similar to Mark Knopfler.

Here's me doing it 10 yrs ago
youtu.be/DVD4sgiAJ9U

lmfao holy shit you're fucking ugly

GTFO

Good thing I wasn't trying to fuck you, faggot.

That sounds fucking great! I've never heard it preformed by a proper bluegrass group, normally it's a solo piece.

Thanks. The band I'm in play over 1,000 songs over the past 12 yrs. All styles thru bluegrass instrumentation

What's the group's name? Also, does snuggleween have anything to do with Ween?

Rumpke Mountain Boys named after the highest elevation in our area, the landfill.
Snuggleween is in reference to Zach galifanagonnaspellitright on Tim and Eric as the snuggler.

youtu.be/3DsUTW4MdtM

you're not in the right place if you're that triggered at a picture of 9/11 heres a better fit for you tumblr.com/

We do "bananas and blow" and "baby bitch" though

You've got it backwards, I'd be fucking you, you little faggot bottomboy.

Oh, you're Muslim. I see. If you're doing the fucking it's not gay. Your aids is the same as the little boy you gave it to.

Also
You've got it backwards. You're supposed to fuck women.

I'm not going anywhere. You GTFO for being an enabler of a scumbag bigot.

>you're not in the right place if you're that triggered at a picture of 9/11

We're on the fucking MUSIC board man... If it was Sup Forums or something I wouldn't be fucking complaining. But, we're on Sup Forums and an image like that has absolutely NO place here. Not only is it completely off-topic and irrelevant, it's also highly offensive.

boo

It isn't off topic. 9/11 was the biggest work of art the millennium. OP is just asking for some folk on that level.

Mississippi John Hurt, Reverend Gary Davis, Bukka White, Lightning Hopkins, Leadbelly.

youtu.be/tqTG2IYXm10

Shut the fuck up scumbag.

[spoiler]Stockhausen detected[/spoiler]

I want to suck your dick for using that 9/11 picture as OP

(((Newsom)))
yeah, no.

There was nothing special about 9/11. Terrorist attacks happen all the time.

lmao calm down dude