"Haven't you heard? It's a battle of words."

>"Haven't you heard? It's a battle of words."
>The poster bearer cried.
>"Listen son," said the man with the gun,
>"There's room for you inside."
does this album get shit on here for any reason other than it's one of the most highly regarded albums of all time?

because it's fucking boring

I've never seen a critique that's particularly damning. Mostly people saying they're tired of it either from listening to it too much themselves or because of all of the praise it gets.

And it's basically a meme to say that real Pink Floyd fans like WYWH more.

Does anybody really listen to Money and think "Wow this is truly one of the best albums of all time"

No, but that's not a totally invalid reason to shit on an album desu.

yes

overrated highlight album

i blame normies, mu needs to seperate themselves from the masses

Then you're fucken dumb lmao

Is anybody actually a die-hard fan of Pink Floyd?

did you just praise an album because lyrics?

>It's a shit album because it has one radio single on it

it's a great album, there's just not much more to be said about it. I personally prefer WYWH just because I think Shine On You Crazy Diamond is the best song Pink Floyd ever did, but in terms of consistency DSotM is always 100% spot-on.

My ex was, she was also a kpop retard so that doesn't say much does it

yeah my friend and his dad are, people live and die by this band

>Listening to post-Barrett Pink Floyd

I listened to it recently for the first time in a while and I think the production can be great at times, the drums especially sound very punchy, and I still enjoyed the guitar solo in Time. However, I think it does feel like it lacks variety and has basically the same sound throughout (I'm sure intentionally) and when the band "jam" it feels quite rigid and repetitive and not very exciting. I also think the vocal clips and sonic experiments like "On The Run" and the synth on "Any Colour You Like" haven't stood the test of time very well. But I still think it is definitely the best album of its kind which would be I guess "intellectual prog-rock" or something although that sounds terrible and it does have its own sound (which I suppose would be gospel wails, reverb-y guitars, simple arrangements) which, although I think gets tiresome by the end will probably remain unique and worth-listening-to for a long time to come. Definitely the most quintessential "concept album" I think although probably not the best.

I like The Animals and The Wall more

The number of fat emo girls that wear a t-shirt with that album in public turned me off for a while

I was for about five or six years. I still love Pink Floyd and could recite tonnes of useless trivia about them but there's only so long something can hold my interest to such an extent. I actually found seeing David Gilmour live was where my interest started to die down, it was an absolutely brilliant concert but hearing and seeing it live left me feeling completely satisfied and able to move on to something else.

This is the power of autism I have where I can listen to the same band for decades and never get tired of them