Do you ever go back to an album you used to love to realise it's trash

Do you ever go back to an album you used to love to realise it's trash

Yes, everything in the deathcore/black metal genre.

I relistened to Within Temptation's The Heart of Everything not too long ago and felt nothing. Oh well, at least their first 2 are still somewhat listenable for me. Somewhat.

Never Trust a Happy Song was one of my favorite albums ever as a teenager.

Holy shit, why

Venetian Snares

...i'm ashamed to admit this but... nightcore. Yes, nightcore...

Animal Collective, everything from Sung Tongs to MPP (CHz and PW are why I stopped listening).

Blister is still great though

most recently

Skrillex - That "sprites album" whatever it was called, it was never that great, had cool wubs that were interesting at the time but it's toxic to listen to now..

dang, sucks for you man

Feels like this for everything I listen to post-Yeezus.

beirut
grizzly bear
dirty projectors

yes, every eminem record

No, always had great taste.

Pretty much this.

When I was 13 and all my friends were listening to Limp Bizkit and System of a Down, I was listening to The Clash and The Who.

i loved anco 6 years ago. these days, not so much

Congrats, you guys are growing up. I'm proud of you.

So last year?

Fuck off that's a great album through and through

are you 14? you're not special, you autist.

>The Who
>Great taste
It's that you, dad??

The Who is one of the best bands ever.
You know they made more than YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, right?

Listen to Live at Leeds you filthy plebeian.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that its trash but when I revisited it recently I was extremely disappointed because I used to love it.
its a shame when this happens

yes, the entire Sabaton discography

>a year ago
>limp bizkit
I'm not that guy but let's not be retarded

grouplove's debut EP is legitimately really good, reminds me of being a teenager (despite just hearing it last year)

the LP just added a ton of filler and trash

Papa Roach- Infest for me. Honestly Papa Roach in general...

Live at Leeds is a great album, but the best The Who album is Quadrophenia by a fucking mile.

Not really actually. My taste in music only broadened a bit as time went on. What I realised though was that especially older albums I love, I don't love because of the kind genre (or general kind of music they make) but because of what band they are.

I thought for a long time I'm really into Progressive Rock and Art Rock but turns out I just like a few specific bands that make that kind of music.

A bunch of radio indie rock albums

ITT Leddit

I actually really like Never Trust a Happy Song. It's a good album. It's a little over-polished but there are some really nice standout tracks and the rest is pretty good too. It's just really pleasant.

Everything afterwards has been straight trash, though.

>...i'm
>but...
>nightcore...

everything by Sufjan :(

loved him when I was first getting into music around the time Illinois came out, now everything he has done sounds painfully cheesy and cringeworthy since I have a heard a lot more interesting stuff

Get out.

Now. Get the FUCK OUT NOW.

When you grow up a little more, you'll realize you have shit taste.

it'll happen to you too

Youre the actual trash desu
System is unironically better than the literally who

Grunge as a whole.

is it because newfags like me came, and got really excited when they discovered anco and made too many posts about it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOOK AT ME, I'M 14 AND I WAS BORN IN LE WRONG GENERASHUN

The funniest thing about this post is how you seriously believe The Who is a better band than SOAD.

I love Eyedea's lyrical abilities (no pun intended) and First Born is my 2nd favorite hip-hop album of all time. But the production on most of the tracks on By The Throat is just terrible. Eyedea's flow on songs like Time Flies When you Have a Gun is so disjointed and rough, not in a good way

Not awful, but there is cheese

Nearly all of them, honestly. I'm on the verge of deleting about half of my 21 GB collection. Doubt I'm going to replace it either. Losing interest in music in general. I'll probably have less than 10 full discographies when I'm done, and I probably won't listen to them very often to try and keep them special.

It's almost cartoonishly angsty, but the guitar-work is so damn good and it's got some great melodies so I still really like it. Downward Is Heavenward is better in every way in my opinion

it also has a "im young and on acid and a great poet" thing going on in a self conscious way that doesn't hold up

you're right downward is better except it doesn't have stars

Do you ever go back to an album you used to hate and realize it's amazing?

>listening to band I loved in high school
>holy shit this is boring as fuck
>wait, maybe their just shit
>accept that they suck massive cock

don't fight it. Just accept that your taste early on in life was literal donkey shit

Pic related. I had a viscerally negative reaction to it the first couple times I heard them. Listened to it like 3 or 4 years later and it was like magic.

just to set the record straight
System of a Down>The Who>The Clash>>>Limp Bizkit

Pretty much every Crystal Castles album for me.

I've come to realize/appreciate that Alice's performances were the the truly appealing factor. Ethan's production sounds nice and complements Alice well but his actual songwriting has always been total garbage.

always trash

eugghhh I cringe thinking this is how I'm gonna remember college. Now I call these my guilty pleasures, and I am extremely hesitant to admit this to anybody.

>I didn't like Lightning Song but now I listen to it in the car weekly

T H I S. It still haunts my CD rack. It's not even enjoyable like his really early shit. Just wobs and growls and embarassingly poppy, childish EDM.

>Tension Head
GOTTA GET OUUUT

GOTTA GET OUT, AND GET RIGHT

This happened with me, but with pretty much all of AnCo. When I first tried listening to their stuff I really disliked it, but I've recently been re listening to them and enjoying them quite a bit.

my name is skrillex EP is still great in my opinion

Oh god....

I regret everything from middle school, except for Linking Park. Yeah, it's not very good , but at the time, it was THE shit.

I'm almost there with NIN albums, but I refuse to hate them. Trent is just too awesome, especially to musicians who've influenced him, and some of his harder stuff is still biting as fuck. Plus, when fucking Johnny Cash found some newfound adoration, covering your music, you have to be doing something right.

Yes

mbdtf

Aphelion Twin: Selected Ambient Works 85-92. Was really looking forward to listening to it too.

*Aphex, cheers iPhone

Death Grips

Laughing at this. You know you've gone deep down the rabbit when you think these are bad albums.

Fear Factory & Meshuggah
Goddammit I used to love chugs so much

Any recs?

Not a Beck fan anymore

I don't make such mistakes

This, I'd say I pretty much have (and always have had) the perfect music taste.

wait a sec are u trying to b8 me?

u bttr not be...

I used to love Daft Punk and listened all of their albums in a row (even the rare Musique rare remixeds), especially on long trips

Got tired of them really easilly that way

I liked Placebo once.