Are Slavs really have round faces? I couldn't tell Germans and Poles apart when I were in Europe for sightseeing...

Are Slavs really have round faces? I couldn't tell Germans and Poles apart when I were in Europe for sightseeing. Personally I find Poles more handsome.
Maybe East Slavs have round faces?

Other urls found in this thread:

szhaman.livejournal.com
youtube.com/user/SAEKBautzen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk, germans and poles have the same genes.
also poles have nothing in common with E. Europe "slavs" where they supposedly squat etc., never seen anybody acting like that

Watch this Its full of slavs

'Slavs' was a name Greeks gave to the Northern invaders. Same as Romans called their own 'Germanics'.

No wonder, we can't tell different types of Asians from each other as well. You all look the same to us

So, Poles are essentially slavic-speaking German?

germs look a bit less ugly than polaks
but their women are much much better than kraut women

Then you Europeans can tell themselves apart?
I can tell Germans and Russians apart at a high rate but I can't when it comes to Germans and Poles.

>germs look a bit less ugly than polaks
not really

>Are Slavs really have round faces?
Yes

my bad
polaks look a bit less ugly than germs

Polish man

Bydlo.

Picrelated - descendant of Polish noblity. Feel difference

Russian man

hmmmm....

Arr rook same

what's his name?

I'm Russian man. Really looks like purebleed Polish.

lmao, he has stereotypical russian face imo.

szhaman.livejournal.com

Aren't Slavs descended from Germanics?

How old are you, dude?

>Aren't Slavs descended from Germanics?
Opposite.

later they all mixed again when the Vandals and Goths returned from Scandinavia and mixed with local Proto-Slavic population that stayed here.

>stereotypical polish face imo
kek. I talk not about picrelated Polish bydllo, but about true Poles

Where are the Vandals from then?

Me if you thicken his eyebrows, replace his nose with a potato, and add five years.

Hard to tell.

Some say they were already in Pooland and Silesia and some say they migrated from Scandinavia to Pooland and SIlesia.

One way or another, their ancestors are both: Swedes and Polacks.

true poles don't exist anymore then Xd the guy on right has that "down syndrome/putin-like" face, and many russians have it as well

>mad shit
Really it's just two parralel indo-European branches. Really Slavs become known to Europeans much later than Germans, but culturally Ancient Slavs much close to North Caucasian / Persian peoples than any other Europeans.

>Ancient Slavs much close to North Caucasian / Persian peoples than any other Europeans.
Not really.

Perun is the same god as Wotan and Odin.

proto-Slavs were influenced by Scytho-Sarmatians, you can see this in the lexicon, but not Persians surely

Vae Victis! Your cry only make our penis harder

Or maybe they both came from the same people?

It's only a Polack fairytale that they wuz Sarmatians n shit. In reality, let's call it "Proto-Slavic population" that went into modern-day Poland and Eastern Germany in 2800BCE, later assimilated leftovers of Sarmatians.

Doesn't make them Sarmatians. There might've been language influences. As languages and cultures change over time.

If that's what you meant then sorry. I'm drunk.

> cult of Smeargl

Kurdish descendant of Ancient Persians for comparison

I'm aware of your general theories but linguists can tell the difference between Iranic and Slavic. and I'm talking about linguistics here, not genetics. the Iranic-speaking populations in northeast Europe were pretty northeast European genetically anyway

the populations between east germany and the ukraine are one big continuum after all and i assume the same was true in ancient times too even though depopulations, repopulations and expansions from other localities have occurred

and Zeus, and Jupiter
>tfw, just indoeuropean things

Not denying anything you wrote. I think "historians" should consider reading old sources and stop believing in dogmas and propaganda from XIX-XX century.

I don't know much about South Europe and Levant history. What interests me is:

Are Western Turks the Anatolian converts? From my own experience majority of them look a lot different than Eastern Turks. They look like Greek people and I mean GREEK people from Thessaloniki.

Seems like only elite was Turkic there and the rest were Greeks.
In Greek myths Apollo used to venture across the sky to "North". Once in a year I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
And who was Apollo? Well, son of Zeus. (Odin and Thor analogy)

Russians have constant trade contacts vith Persia during all Medieval Age - actually Persia is major trade partner for us in this period. As result Russians have lot common cultural thngs vith Persians. Actually Russian architectural style / armor / weapon / have Persian origin.

Medieval Persia picrelated

we'll see if we get more medieval DNA samples. for the time being, the best representatives of the pre-Turkic population of Anatolia are Pontic and Cappadocian Greeks

Anatolian Turks nonetheless do seem to have have a decent amount of Central Asian ancestry. their total post-Byzantine ancestry would depend on how Central Asian the Seljuks were by the time they had arrived to Anatolia

not really

I have no clue, I'll defer to you. to my knowledge Russian architecture throughout time was a combination of local Northeast European traditions, Byzantine, some Western European and influences emanating from the Mongols. maybe the last passed on some "Persian" influence onto Russians

fug :D

I've seen some "white" looking Turks though.

some Turks still are genetically basically Balkan converts if you look at genetic plots. and Anatolian Turks seem very (north)West Asian either way, even if it somehow ends up that there was a lot of population replacement in post-Byzantine Anatolia

so of course Turks will look 'white'

>local Northeast European tradition
Not survvied - nobody to know how it's looks like
>Byzantine,
Small influence only in Early period
>Western European
Only from XVII century

It's obvious. Main Russian trade partners such as Volga-Bulgar, Khazars and Persia influenced them much stronger than lands what don't have strong relations with them

> I couldn't tell Germans and Poles apart when I were in Europe for sightseeing.
They look different though, Poles tend to be more attractive than Germans

round face > square face

No, the "subhuman Slavic" look comes from Ugro-Finnic admixture in Northern Russians. Poles actually have the highest percentage of Slavic genes.

West Slavs look like Germans because whole East Germany and Austria are basically German speaking Slavs (some still speak Slavic see Sorbian languages). So it is the other way around.

Btw for anyone who wants to hear Sorbian:
youtube.com/user/SAEKBautzen

It sounds like Czecho-Polish with a heavily Germanized pronounciation.