5:00 PM AEDT - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjD2Ta8uFIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Union rising

Great thread tbqh

thanks for the image huebro

Question for Americans

How popular is football there? Is it getting more popular or is it the same as 10 years ago?

It is definitely getting more popular each year. Viewership and attendance in MLS are increasing and there are a lot of new teams popping up in the lower leagues. A lot of Americans choose to bandwagon European teams though, and the Premier League is way more popular than MLS.

Still will probably be the 5th/.6th most popular sport for the next decade, though.

its growing but its still genuinely an afterhthought. I can basically guarantee you that 99% of people didn't even know there was a big world cup qualifier last night. The MLS doesn't even get coverage in major sports media.

Question for you:
Do the Swiss continually shit on their own league and preferentially watch the Premier League/Bundesliga instead?

Because Americans do it and it's some shit, let me tell you.

>mfw Costa Rica guy picked a new proxy

Was executing all wogs part of our plan?

Wogs are irrelevant, we must eliminate the Euroboo menace

11th for TFC winning it all this year

>Soon

I hate this jersey.

>full kit wanker

Tomorrow it happens.

>USA qualifies as CONCACAF's 4th place
>Australia qualifies as AFC's 5th place
>this thread explodes

book it

and learned to speak English

>AFC has more qualifying spots than CONCACAF

unbelievable

>Soon

CONCACAF has 1 semi relevant side
AFC has multiple semi relevant side

>CONCACAF
Mexico, US, Costa Rica, maybe Honduras
>AFC
Australia, Japan, South Korea, maybe Iran

>Honduras
>relevant

I like Australians even though I'm a wog.

I got one for your wife's son tho. Do I have to return it?

>Soon

>>Sooner

I bet it feels pretty bad to be cowtown right now

Legit feel bad for them if they're not also poised to make the jump, they've put up massive crowds for three years now

cowtown, no...

City will beat Wanderers 4-0.

If anything is going to encourage the growth of a rival D1 league, it's MLS' insistence on ignoring small but proven markets like Sac in favor of pipe dreams like Detroit and Miami.

Cowtown being Calgary?

Sacramento

>>rival D1 league
It's not happening, please stop
What we DO need is a D2 league to take on some of these big, untapped markets without the NASL delusions of grandeur

I'm not even the NASL shill that comes here from time to time. I just think a lot of people are gonna be pretty pissed at MLS if Sac gets the shaft.

Any idea how USL's application for D2 is going?

Oh, my bad. Calgary calls itself Cowtown too.

I really doubt NASL will accept a step down, and I really doubt US Soccer wants to have TWO different D2 leagues at the same time

As it is, NASL may not exist much longer anyhow, so I'd wager they'll keep the status quo division-wise for now and see what happens

USL is currently at 31 teams though (thanks wikipedia). I reckon they'll at least split USL into east and west, if NASL merges into USL. That's what I would do, at least.

Why do Americans prefer MLS over NASL if MSL is corporate franchises and the NASL is actually clubs? Australians have no choice since our old league folded.

>split USL into east and west
That's already how it is, I believe. East and West don't meet until the playoffs.

Most Americans are marginally aware of MLS and completely unaware of NASL

NASL is a dying league anyhow.

Yes we do, and it's fucking annoying. Same for the NT, people are complaining even if they win every game

Because there were shitall nasl teams west of the mississippi, and those have been going defunct like crazy.

usl should just take the D2 mantle already, it's almost embarrassing

To be fair, your NT is Albania B.

Our team is mostly MLS subs though, so I can't really talk lol
MLS has european players and teams in big cities. Would you rather watch New York vs Los Angeles or Fort Lauderdale vs Ottawa?

>Soon

I can't wait for them to be terrible

Barring the addition of any other teams, USL SHOULD be 30 next year, according to the commish. Nobody knows for sure who's going to drop out, but the current favorite is Harrisburg.

And there's a limited amount of play between the two conferences; last season, STLFC (West) had 2-game sets with Cincy and Louisville (East), but that was the extent of it until the league final.
There was a bit more crossover back in 2015 when there were only 24 teams and they filled the last few games of the schedule with local games; STLFC (East) had games vs Tulsa, OKC, and Colorado Springs (West)

Let me go ask 500,000,000 people individually. Brb

>30 teams next year
But they just added Ottawa, and Austin is coming out of hiatus iirc

And eventually, when the NASL folds, there will be a ton of teams that will apply for MLS and USL membership, mostly for the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually there's 40 teams, 20 per conference.

This past season, there were 29 teams
Add the Reno expansion team, and Tampa and Ottawa to make 32
Wilmington has already dropped to PDL, making the current number 31
Austin is not coming out of hiatus until at least 2018, and most people are beginning to wonder if they're ever coming back at all

>e-statting our population
come on now son, it's only around 300 mil

What is the state and city of soccer in the United States?

A place in USA, where soccer is the most popular sport of all.

And where the MLS (Major League Soccer) is the most popular sports league of all

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

You've asked this before. You're either autistic irl, or really dedicated to your shitposting craft

not that many people here yet, decades from that number if it ever happens.

Huh, I didn't know that, since I don't watch USL too often. But still, if/when the NASL folds, there will be 10 professional teams looking for leagues. MLS is very careful about who they admit, but I could see USL growing up to 40 teams in size.

At 40 teams I think they'd have to split into two tiers. The MLS reserve teams and a few of the smaller independent teams could go to D3 and the more popular ones meeting certain standards could go D2.

>implying the dems won't get in once Trump is done and fully open the mexican border.
You'll have that many people in 4-8 years :^)

The "2" teams are going to have to start properly forging a semi-separate identity, like Bethlehem Steel have, if they're going to go into their own division again

Actually, I hadn't even factored how many MLS reserves teams will be active then. At the time the NASL may fold, the MLS will have many more teams, and to be a successful MLS team, you need a reserve team. There may be more than 40.

because NASL a shit, and my 'local' team is an MLS team, NASL has less than 10 teams and the poorer """clubs""" cant even pay their players the shitter wages they are on

>2016+Trump
>people still shit own their own domestic leagues instead of experiencing local soccer culture with their lads

>Soon

>Soon

>Amos Magee joins MNUFC as club’s first director of player personnel (mnufc.com)
An actual announcement from Minnesota! Pic related.

Adrian Heath as head coach is a rumour as well.

When you attend local games do fans wear soccer kits of players or teams that aren't playing? It's common to see Messi or Madrid kits at my local second division side. Even saw them when Chelsea and AC Milan played in the U.S.

Most embarrassing part of local soccer culture I can think of. Maybe the supporters group doing the Iceland chant after the Euros beats it.

>he doesnt live in a completely different state but still sees people wearing team gear while at work

what cucked state would that be?

wtf?? I HATE o'hara now!!

>Liking any of the Soccer Justice Warriors
Even the qts are only for lewd

forgot to post without my meme name I live in Northern Delaware and the Union/soccer are pretty well known and accepted in these parts.... i have a steady group of friends who I go to games with

damn sneks in the grass.

Has anybody put a ball into the river yet

the river is farther than it looks, to my knowledge nobody has hit one into the river yet

>new Superliga tournament rumors

dumbasses, just go back to the old CCL 4-team groups and follow the Libertadores/AFC/Africa calendar

Why?
Both tournaments are useless

>international competitions are useless
"no"

more mickey mouse cups?

The CCL in any format is a waste of time

soon hopefully

Delet

>Soon

Where is this and what will it look like?

Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta

new stadium for the Atlanta Falcons NFL team and the new Atlanta United MLS team

you can google images it, the >soon poster is probably asleep atm

backwater, and it will look like scorched earth

Which MLS team should I support?

t. Australian expat

any team that isnt the sounders or from LA

nah

>Soon: late night vibes
youtube.com/watch?v=VjD2Ta8uFIU

wrong pic vibes

>Soon

think i will just be a red bulls fan. im a knicks and yankees fan so makes sense

2 Friday night games?
1 Saturday game?
fugg the FFA

How is the sister club doing Melbros?

fuck off

>a fucking rock

Wouldn't NYCFC make more sense, given that the Yankees are a part owner of that team?

Although you'd be forgiven for not wanting anything to do with City Football Group

2nd in the league

Daily reminder that this will happen first.

autism

>the soonest of all