Do people ever stop fucking complaining about race in film?

Do people ever stop fucking complaining about race in film?

theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/29/the-great-wall-china-film-matt-damon-whitewashed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c&t=4
matt-damon-to-be-a-CGI-chink-to-appease-SJW-around-the-gay-world.cock
legendary.com/news/the-great-wall-cast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do people ever stop fucking complaining

Nope, yet here we are

>Chinese made film
>they chose to put Damon in main role
>SJW cucks STILL found a reason to get mad

you cannot make this shit up

Where do you think you are?

Scotland.

But I don't remember how I got here.

Shit man you're right. We should definitely make a movie about nigger slavery with jews playing the slaves.

It's funny cos the faggots on here cried like pussies when some mixed race girl played Queen Margaret in the latest Shakespeare adaptation.

MATT DAMON

How can you "whitewash" an original piece?

>w-w-well internalized racism you see

>why is a white guy playing a chinese character? Like, ewwww!!

>What do you mean prince Lancelot shouldn't be black? Don't you know England was always multicultural? Ugh, racist!

pic relevant

>complain about hte white guy
>in a setting where theyre fighting lizards or dragons or some shit

wew

If chinks can claim Mandela and Ghandi we can claim all dem Chinese kangs too

>prince Lancelot

>a black guy plays role of a knight in king's arthur movie
>everything is alright, it's not blackwashing

>a white guy plays a role of an archer in china
>HURR WHITEWASHING

Of all the white guys, they use Matt Damon. Matt Damon. Why Matt Damon? Shoulda used John Cena or Edge if they wanted "All-American (Canadian)."

I think Sam Elliott would've been better. If they wanted younger, then Daniel Bruhl or Mads Mikkelsen.

Now have some Mongolian rap: youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c&t=4

wtf i hate chinks now

I honestly don't know what you were trying to express.

>the Guardian

Not in this newspaper they don't

SJWs use that phrase to mean that if you disagree with them and you're not white then you are white on the inside. So, in this case, Asians who don't give a shit about this would be called "Bananas" (yellow on the outside, white on the inside).

Hey guys what's the name of the movie?

americans were a mistake. literally no one else gives a shit about this.

>Hollywood, a mostly by white and jewish people run industry, takes a story and places white actors into it because the absolute majority of people watching movies in America are white
>People complain

>Hollywood reboots countless movies into shitty new movies
>People complain

>Hollywood makes shitty remakes/reboots and changes established characters
>People complain
>SJW complain about the people because mah racism/misogeny

>Chinese company hires a chinese regisseur with a chinese company to make a chinese film about chinese mythology and they cast Matt Damon because of prestige
>SJW somehow can still complain

I thought this was a Chinese film trying to be Hollywood, but it is a Hollywood film trying to be Chinese?

I'm no justice warrior and I still think it's retarded.
Being chinese company doesn't make you impermeable to criticism.

Isn't it an obvious attempt not to alienate a western audience?
Has it worked? Will you pay to watch this?

Depends on the trailer.

That banana shit is actually offensive and mean

The Big Fucking Wall

Which is why they use the term "internalized racism" but "Banana" is what they really mean.

Hollywood has been kind of ignoring Asian actors since WW2, especially in leading roles, with a few exceptions (I remember some great movies with Chow Yun Fat from the early 2000's, think I even have some on DVD)..

Now, I can accept the idea that "black leads don't sell well" because blacks are probably 5%? *maybe* 10% of the world audience. Asians though, huge audience. I'm shocked that Hollywood hasn't been importing Asian actors for stuff constantly. Though there have been a few directors than have come over to make a movie or two.

I really don't give a fuck about race.

But why Matt Damon?

Hollywood is all about jews, there's nothing to be surprised by.

>Sup Forums gets assblasted whenever a black man is a lead in a film
>Sup Forums gets assblasted that other people are assblasted that a white male is in a film about China

>Should be played by a person of color
Are Asians considered this? I always thought this term only referred to black people

>Chinese made film
>they chose to put Damon in main role
>written by Tony Gilroy, Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, Max Brooks, Edward Zwick, and Marshall Herskovitz

lel no

>written by kikes
welp this explains everything

Why is it only diverse when it's blacks playing the role?

If it were about a black person in China (like Wesley Snipes, for example) would there be as big an outcry as with Damon?

Answer: Yes, but from Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

basically this entire production comes off as a loop hole ploy to market the movie in China more easily. Basically, the Chinese state only allows a handful of foreign movies to be shown in the country, by making it a joint venture between Hollywood and Hong Kong, they'll probably get around that barrier entirely. But at the same time if they just made an entire Chinese movie, it would be extremely hard to market it outside Asia. It might play a few film festivals but that's really about it.

Also plenty of people that are currently crying about racism would probably cry about how China is literally a dystopian nightmare country and that you support the regime by seeing the movie. It's basically a lose-lose scenario, same with the whole The Ancient thing that came up with Doctor Strange.

Don't worry, when they edit the film they're going to CG the shit out of this and make his hair black and his skin yellow.

matt-damon-to-be-a-CGI-chink-to-appease-SJW-around-the-gay-world.cock

He is legitimately one of the biggest movie stars in the world.

He seems more like a white dwarf

You're dumb. We are all in agreement that having a white guy star in a movie about the Great Wall of China is retarded. What we're complaining about is the double-standard of your average SJW who sees nothing wrong with blackwashing everything (no matter how historically inaccurate or just plain retarded) while hypocritically whining about Matt Damon showing up in this shit.

Go talk about Tom Cruise somewhere else

>We are all in agreement that having a white guy star in a movie about the Great Wall of China is retarded.
see:

>We are all in agreement that having a white guy star in a movie about the Great Wall of China is retarded.
It's a fucking fantasy action drama. They can cast who they want.

Here we go again.

>WE WERE EVERYTHING AND SUCH

Thw writers really don't have much power over that

Welp, guess we have no choice then.

Most of my social interactions comes from Sup Forums, so I'd say no.

>theguardian

Save for writing in the white guy in the story.

Are you retarded?

>WE WUZ CHINESE AND SHIET

It's the same story being reported in various other new outlets. Relax.

Asian markets don't give as much direct profit as domestic markets.
Also, Asians are incredibly racist towards each other, so you can't have a one race fits all pandering scheme to bank on.

In the end, white people are simply the safest demographic to display in both domestic and oversees markets.

But the director and producers could change the race. With that many writers, the script has underwent many rewrites.

>everything is alright, it's not blackwashing
Yeah I'm sure there won't be months of WE WUZ and butthurt on here

JESUS

>producers
>Produced by
>Thomas Tull
>Charles Roven
>Jon Jashni
>Peter Loehr
>legendary.com/news/the-great-wall-cast

Well gee, I wonder why they chose a white guy.

The irony here is that liberals are literally whitewashing (is in the real meaning of the phrase) the prominent chinese co-stars because they just want to fixate on matt damon being white.

You are aware that this is a Hollywood produced film with token Asian sidekicks and a token Asian director, right?

>prominent Chinese co-stars
>co-stars starring as sidekicks again
>literally the Green Hornet all over again
>literally Kung Fu all over again

>meanwhile

>BLACKLISTED

fucking hollywood

You should probably pick another example, 'cause that sounds like a pretty good time. You could have Wesley Snipes play the king of vikings and it would still be amazing.

Snipes would play a good Chinaman because he can just keep his eyes closed again

I can see him as a Kaing and shit.

>Sup Forums BTFO

If they didn't cast Matt Damon it'd make no money in the west because too many people wouldn't see it as they'd assume it was subtitled. Hollywood is a money making machine, no more. If you want to watch good films starring Asian people don't watch Hollywood films. If you want to see Hollywood stop being Hollywood then stop supporting Hollywood at all.

The movie is a chinese-american co-production. Hence why there are american and chinese actors in it.

So what's with all those complain I read all the time here about a black nordic god, a black lancelot, or a black hermione?

>co-production
>all the producers are whites

It's a co-production as far as them getting a Chinese director is concerned.

>a white guy playing a Chinese characters, who cares??

>wtf they turned my favorite capeman into a nigger???!??!?!?!?!?!?

Everyone keeps complaining no matter what.

Great Wall of China? More like Great Wall of Text

the difference is it wasn't an african production. an all black cast set in africa by an african film studio would be find, what you're talking about wasn't

>THIS MOVIE ABOUT MEDIEVAL EUROPE NEEDS MORE BLACK PEOPLE!
>THIS FANTASY FILM SET IN CHINA SHOULDNT HAVE WHITE PEOPLE!

Remember, diversity means less whites. Preferably zero.

Shut the fuck up

>Asians who don't give a shit about this would be called "Bananas" (yellow on the outside, white on the inside)
twinkie

I don't see how a white guy playing a white character is racism

china is 100% asian so technically matt damon is a diversity hire
yay diversity.... oh wait

The fuck is a white guy doing in a film about the Great Wall of China?

It's still has a lot of chinese money in it and chinese production companies involved. It is an international co-production

This is a Hollywood production going by the age-old practice of whitewashing though.

Because it's not fucking about the Great Wall. it has fucking aliens in it, it's not some historical period drama about its construction

>It's still has a lot of chinese money in it
see Just stop.

By being an outsider there, so non-chinese people can identify with him and see through his view

this

shouldnt the mongolians be the ones feeling offended, since the monsters attacking the wall is obviously an allusion to the mongol invasion?

So why not a Chinese guy? Why is it only a white guy can be the lead?

They didn't need to do that in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon though.

Why's all the controversy about Matt Damon when Pedro Pascal is in it too, surely a Chilean has less reason to be in China than a white guy.

You really don't know how making movies work. Those people are not the only ones who finance and produce this movie

Cruise is playing an American man who joins the Samurai rebellion. It is in no way whitewashing.

because the story is about a foreigner going there you dumb cunt

>Cruise is the lead
>can't have Asians be the lead in a story about Asians

>They didn't need to do that in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon though.

No they didn't, so what. This clearly try to goes for the blockbuster crowd unlike CTHD

Pretty sure if they're not the ones producing the film, the lead would be Chinese.

It's always a story about a foreigner, isn't it? More of the same.