Thread for older anons (40+) on /b

Thread for older anons (40+) on /b.

I was in a feels thread yesterday that turned out to be a pretty good thread. Someone expressed surprise that people my age (45) and above were still browsing and posting on /b. I'd say there's a fair amount of us here, posting, lurking, and just generally dicking around for various reasons.

Anyway, if any of you past the midpoint of your lives feel like it, post here. Drop some wisdom. Rant. Rave. Post tits or dicks, whatever your flavor.

42 here. I never grew up

Yeah, I guess same here. Started browsing /b 8 or 9 years ago? I never really kept track. Didn't really post until the last year or so.

Welp, guess no one's around, so just dumping till the thread gets pruned.

Off to bed finally, have a tits bump

I'm 35 in May, can I join in chaps?

Sure thing. Looks like it's just you and I here anyway.

How long ya been on here?

As a 20 year old I gotta say, this thread contains very little wisdom. Its as though youre all emotionally stunted at around my age anyway, so what does it matter?

Since probably 2008 or 9 I think, don't really remember. You?

Im old enough to have fapped to this "thinking mans crumpet" on a dialup connection.

Welp, like what most of /b has probably experienced at least once in their lives, I had a party and no one showed up.

But since you're here, and you've contributed nothing but a bit of bitching, why don't you give us a little of your oh-so-valuable experience?

LOL she's still pretty hot. Strikes me as being unstable and needy, which usually means great in bed but shitty everywhere else.

If your plates are starting to get moldy, dont rinse them off, it only makes them slimy. If you eat directly off the mold, it doesnt really get on your food.

Nice trips man, not gonna lie, I've been here for about 4 years, but I lurked and adapted to the culture before posting.

I remember the excitement when the dialup tone fired up, limitless hardcore filth from TheHun.net, I had to use softcore British cunt mags until then.

About to turn 44.
Been here 10 years. It's basically habit and I keep hoping it will eventually jump the shark and go back to being underground again.

As for wisdom:

Don't get involved with horse girls.

All women are nuts or broken or both just find the ones whose nuts or broken isn't contagious.

Dress for the job you want, not the job you have; within reason.

Do not have open relationships or fuck buddies, but also do not leap into committed monogamous relationships too quickly. Date and date seriously. Then commit fully. Everything else burns itself down eventually.

Jeez, I can't find my old images folders. Made me think of all the fucked up nasty rooms people have posted on here. It's amazing some of the filth people live in.

>Don't get involved with horse girls.
LOL Fuck if this ain't the truth. My first wife was a 'horse woman'. The horse will always be first in her life. They are always batshit crazy. They will fucking bankrupt you with that shit.

>hoping it will eventually jump the shark and go back to being underground again

Amen, brother.

Rest of my place is fine. Dishes suck.

Yeah, didn't mean that you lived like that. Just reminded me of other stuff.

Well met, based user.

/thread

I'm 53 and you are 100% on target.

Just realized most current user won't remember the nightmare that was post IDs on Sup Forums let alone the glorious time before both they and captcha more or less ruined the best threads (combos)

Do you remember when post ID's were implemented? I guess I could look it up, but I do remember it.

Hey 20 year old here.

Might as well ask you older folk some questions.

Did you guys ever have debt? If so was it worth it in the end?

What's a good way to survive without a college degree?

If you aren't married, why didn't you get married?

And also, what's your opinion of the "need" to have children?

normal people dont have debt. Youre a failure

Sorry, by remember when I don't mean the exact date I mean the current young guns weren't here yet.

respect my dubs. they bring truth.

40 year "oldfag" checking in
I remember when this was all fields

now respect my trips.

40 in july, does I count?

First plates, now this. I'm on fire today.

Fucking hell! The first fappening before the interwebz, or close to!

>debt
Pretty unavoidable. Do the math up front, make sure you can carry the weight and keep your paper right.

>degree
No. Get one. Just get a real one not like English Lit or some bullshit. But without one you will be poor and will work your ass off.

>children
No one needs to have kids. Near as I can tell people with kids guilt everyone else into hAving them so we will all be miserable. Want proof? Say you're going to adopt non-infant kids who need parents and listen to the insane rankings from people about how that's a terrible ide. Sub-text: if they aren't yours and aren't born to you we don't get to watch your misery.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, creeeeek, creeeek, beeeeeeeeeeep, meeeeeeeeeep
WHAMBAM! £50

>Did you guys ever have debt? If so was it worth it in the end?
Yeah, I did. Mostly because I let my ex wife do whatever the fuck she wanted so she would leave me alone, and ended up having to go through a bankruptcy where I paid most of it back. It's a long story, but I think the answer for you would be it depends. Is the debt going towards something that will have a positive impact on your life? Or is it just stupid shit that is letting you have fun now? Is it an emotional want, or a need?

>What's a good way to survive without a college degree?
IT is what I have the most experience with. I don't have a degree, and do alright. Also pretty damn easy to freelance, especially if you work for small offices that can't afford a full time IT person. You can do networking, computer repair, and if you are decent at it write a bit of code.

>If you aren't married, why didn't you get married?
Married twice, can't answer.

>And also, what's your opinion of the "need" to have children?
Didn't want kids with the first wife. Second wife, we can't have kids. I regret it, but I can live with it. When you find the right person, the urge to have kids can be pretty strong. At least with me.

Check'd and kek'd

E D G Y

Respect, Grandad (?)!

>English Lit
God yes, or some other shit, like a language study. Unless you are going to teach abroad.

Which brings up: if you are young, do everything in your power to travel. Especially abroad. It will open up your mind. Seriously.

20 yr here

>debt
I see. Guess I have to get debt to get a degree then. I don't seem to have a choice.

>degree
What degree do you have? Is it worth getting now?

I'm still unsure about what degree to do.

>children
Yeah fuck kids. I can't stand them. Why would I ever want to make one?

Debt has been around throughout civilized times.
It's nothing, you're not your debt.

Serve in the military.
Work your way up the ladder, if you're patient.
Be a creative.
Open your own business.

Never been married because I know that relationships turn to crap after a few years, unless you are true friends.

Nobody "needs" to have children.

If you're in the US, try to get a job with a state uni. Even if you are a groundskeeper or in maintenance. A lot of times if you are an employee you can take a certain amount of credits per semester for free. You have to pay for books, and if you fuck up you have to pay it back (just the class you fuck up, not all of it). So there's some good accountability there.

WTF? I was agreeing with the post.

>Serve in the military.
It's not for everyone, I know I couldn't have made it. I worked for the civilian defense department for a while. The military is a unique (and uniquely fucked up) environment.

That being said, it can pay for college. So might not be a bad idea with an exit strategy.

And was respecting you for doing so.
Im 40, not trolling in a "respectable" thread.

Yeah I forgot to mention I'm in the USA.

Nice quads