Get weapons and defense systems from the future that can one-shot Borg cubes

>get weapons and defense systems from the future that can one-shot Borg cubes

>never reverse engineer any of it to equip every ship in Starfleet

Didn't they destroy the Borg completely at the end of the series?

The armor and torpedoes worked against more than just the Borg though.

That would be a violation of the Temporal Prime Directive.

>Copy Suliban cloaking technique
>Somehow lose the specs shortly afterwards

What did they do with the ship?

That thing is the greatest weapon in the galaxy.

They don't actually need it because the Borg can't travel through the galaxy like before, they are stuck with warp.

But it could solo any threat.

But it could be stolen.

They fucking scrapped it, didn't they? Fucking Starfleet.

The Borg threat would largely be eliminated cuz of this technology. And StarTrek can't afford that; it needs a great antagonist. One of the series' mistakes was to lessen the threats of Borg and species 8472

starfleet destroyed the technology because they could not risk it being stolen and distributed in that timeline

an arms race with future tech would have been a disaster

starfleet probably gave it to the cardassians as reparations or some dumb shit.

Just so you know, the Borg were over.

The queen was gone and their entire transportation network was destroyed.

If there is one thing Voyager did, is eliminate the view of the Borg as a threat.

Even without the future ship, Seven had been helping a small science vessel beat Borg cubes with her knowledge.

The borg assimilated the future shuttle including it's database, the technology voyager brought back would be largely ineffective, the only saving grace is that with the transwarp hub destroyed, it will take the borg some time to return to the alpha quadrant

were not there some 'friendly' borg they put down on a planet somewhere?

I mean its not like it would take much time in the galactic scale for a few borg to become a threat again

>reverse aging, mutations, and other fatal or life-affecting maladies by running people through the transporters and fiddling with the pattern buffer
>not standardizing these techniques as regular medical treatments

It wasn't destroyed, just locked up with the The Guardian of Forever

>The queen was gone
That never stopped her before.

>entire transportation network was destroyed.
It's been a while since I've watched Voyager, but do we know the entire network was destroyed, or just the conduit to Earth?

Also, if they had that conduit right to Earth's doorstep, why did they never once use it?

The Borg transwarp network spanned the entire milky way.

It was immense and had to be carefully controlled through a hub.

>Since the Borg had such extensive transwarp networks throughout the Milky Way Galaxy, they could effectively project their presence anywhere in a comparatively short amount of time. Therefore, while the Borg did have a large expanse of their own territory, it was finite, and any forays elsewhere were simply invasions of other territories.

Within the Delta Quadrant, the Borg had a vast structure called the Unicomplex. This structure was made up of thousands of sub-structures and housed many of their vessels. It was believed the Unicomplex was the Borg headquarters. (VOY: "Dark Frontier")

When the Borg started using transwarp hubs, they could appear anywhere in the galaxy, giving them the ability to assimilate species with little or no warning at all and within very short periods of time.

This was their biggest tactical advantage. They achieved it through "thousands of centuries".

It'll be a while before they are a threat again.

Why do you think there haven't been any post-Voyager Star Trek series? It's unwriteable. Endgame killed the timeline.

They lost one Transwarp hub out of six. Not the end of the world, though losing the Queen and Unimatrix One hurt.

the NWO that controls planet earth and most human lives is guiding humans along a controlled path of evolution

they cannot eliminate disease and maladies, otherwise the progress of improving fitness would come to a screeching halt

this is also why ship bulkheads explode in the faces of crewmembers, its about character building and forcing traumatic events, so they can discover humans with superior 'mental toughness'

the technology exists to make everything sterile and perfect, even space combat would be 'comfortable or dead', but they can't have that because humans need stimulation

janeway will never pay for her various crimes.

>Also, if they had that conduit right to Earth's doorstep, why did they never once use it?

the real question is why they don't use time travel more, unless future operatives are preventing them

>future operatives are preventing them

This is pretty heavily implied throughout the various series. The temporal prime directive 'agency' or whatever seemed incredibly powerful when they wanted to be.

nice of them to let annorax genocide everyone.

it got resolved in the end, and they were probably watching him the whole time as a 'case study'

another thing the temporal agents can do is combine temporal clones

Your linear thinking will be added to our own.

Does that mean the Cardies are little more than space niggers? That would explain why everyone is always saying Dukat dindu nuffin?

A Farengi with average sized lobes ever being the Grand Nagus

>The queen
I don't acknowledge the canonicity of any Trek spinoff that proposes a Borg "queen".
literally the stupidest idea

Since he was dealt with neatly, Time Cops didn't need to get involved.

So?

Who the fuck are you that we'd care?

A man with better taste than you, Voyashit.

>What is Locutus
Get out

The finale of Voyager takes place before Nemesis. When Bane tried to destroy the Enterprise it should have been utterly untouchable ue to having the future tech.

Locutus was not a Borg queen or leader. It was a locus, a focal point for them to direct communication efforts to facilitate assimilation of the Federation. It did not command other Borg, it was only a mouthpiece (and a convenient source of tactical data).

How are future humans not all addicted to Holodeck sex?

Something something idealistic humanity

That's one of the least fucky things. A reminder that Phlox cured a Borg nanoprobe infestation and then everyone forgot about the Borg and nanoprobe technology which was only being talked about by the time the D met the Borg as Troi states.

So when they lost Locutus, they made the Queen in order to be a permanent mouthpiece.

Hey, man, you didn't like First Contact?

Because Risa exists.

No, I don't particularly care for schlocky action flicks that completely pass over the established characterization and depth of the source material and turn the cast into cartoonish shooty-gun men.

What, Trek was always action schlock.

Voyager, maybe. Hence the reason it's shit.

Watch TOS and the original crew movies. There're all action schocks, but they had a messages and progressive ideas in them.

What ever happened to the Unimatrix 01 Borg rebels?

Still rebelling I guess

If you accept the eu stuff then they have replacement queens. Considering how popular the Borg are, they wil no doubt make that canon to bring them back.

Power creep seems to be quite common in science fiction. Stargate's was ridiculous.

The Guardian of Forever was given to the gelatinous rock eaters to watch over due to their long lifespans. They also serve in Starfleet on their own ships where all internal ship space is solid rock.

>No, I don't particularly care for schlocky action flicks that completely pass over the established characterization and depth of the source material and turn the cast into cartoonish shooty-gun men.

First Contact only TNG movie where there is good balance between typical Trek stuff like human condition and action. That action is also well made unlike majority of Trek episodes where there is fighting.

Literally only major flaw in ST:FC is Borg queen. She is just not so necassary villain made for plebs that ruins whole concept of faceless collective.

>Watch TOS and the original crew movies. There're all action schocks, but they had a messages and progressive ideas in them.

This. Maybe not all episodes, but huge majority of 'em have action.

They still have five hubs, but the conduit to Earth was destroyed, so they might have other phones, but the telegraph pole was cut down.

Well they all have to share a single holodeck, they don't have their own personal ones. Getting enough time for an addiction is probably tricky.

They also still have by far the largest established territory. Even if they didn't have the hubs, with that much territory acting as a single entity, they could just blob out over the entire galaxy. If anything, cutting off access to them just means that they will have that much less to contend with, and will be able to take just that much more space.

For some strange reason, I now have the urge to play Stellaris.

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

Power creep isn't really the issue, but rather the frequency where Star Trek crew discovers some technology that would change everything forever, only to immediately forget about it. This has been going on since the original series.

The action in TOS is often bizarre, though, like it's a baffling thing to watch. Even WWE wrestling is more believable.

Why to use old technobabble to solve problem you can solve again with new technobabble? New technology will improve civilization.

>The action in TOS is often bizarre, though, like it's a baffling thing to watch. Even WWE wrestling is more believable.

Mostly pretty standard TV-fighting from that era. Just good old fist fighting without modern stuff like having proper martial arts coreography.

Honestly the martial arts thing is getting ready terrible in modern TV and movies, it's like everyone knows fucking Jujitsu, Krav Maga, and 3 forms of Kung Fu. If guns are involved they also know Gun-kata. Seriously, in the new star trek flick, that shit took me out of the movie every time it happened.

Why do we never see Federation politicians other than president Red Forman? We only see Starfleet admirals with power like a military dictatorship.

that map is straight up wrong

I was looking up the article for transwarp hubs because of this thread and apparently in jew jew trek the Federation has its own transwarp network.

Have they ever released a canon map? I have seen loads of different galaxy maps with varying information.

We get to see Federation diplomats and ambassadors from time to time and in DS9 they have an arc about a coup to overthrow the president who is an alien.

>didn't watch DS9

Time shenanigans user. You can argue the Ent-D crew were first to encounter the Borg when Q sent them to their quadrant of space, which alerted the Borg to their existence, leading to the fight with the Borg, then later the Borg came back, went back in time, where they notified the Borg in the past, then were destroyed and found by Enterprise. Later Q sent the Enterprise D to meet the Borg who were on their way to Earth because of the message from the past but it was the same Cube from when Q initiated this shit.

Fuck time travel

I'm almost done with DS9. Should I watch this next?

No, the Queen was already around

Fanservice episode, just like Ferengi episode. Not worth killing character for. Also a single minor incident 200 years before Borgs became a real confirmed threat. Basically like couple claims about surreal conspiracy made 50 and 70 years ago by otherwise credible officers with not much supporting evidence in modern context.

Smaller sins for Enterprise. IMHO Xindi are far bigger problem since they never mentioned elsewhere in Trek. Shit they could have replaced 'em with Romulans, now we have the big war that forced creation of federation to happen going on.

Was Janeway as bad as everyone says, i mean all she ever wanted was to keep her crew safe in the unknown parts of the galaxy

Q: If you have sex with me then I'll send you, your ship and your crew back home.
Janeway: Nah, no thanks, I don't really care about getting us all home.

The problem with Romulus is that the first real war was different, so people would complain thathat they were shoehorned in. Really Enterprise being a prequel sucked for that reason. I love the series, but they were going to step on some toes.

Because the Federation IS a military dictatorship. You realise they are communist also right?

So what do the Borg like? Tech.

What did Janeway just cuck them with?
Awesome future tech.

Borg rebuild and invade the federation ASAP.
It's the only logical conclusion.

But Krall mentions the Xindi war killing millions.

Even Picard wouldn't hump Q's boipussy to get what he wanted, you can't trust that fucker

But allegedly he had sex with him in Tapestry when he bones his old school cadetbuddy and wakes up next morning with Q

He also mentions that he can't stand it, he knows you planned it, he's gonna set it straight, this watergate.

Janeway wasn't as bad as the memes, but she sure as hell was inconsistent.

Seriously. Why isn't Janeway in prison?

She's the Hillary of the 24th century

First laugh of the day. Good job user.

Imagine Hillary turned with in a future mech suit having just personally destroyed Russia with her future self.

Godd damn the Falcon is a terrible design for carrying cargo, it's an engine, cockpit and two tiny beds.

K E K

Not image.jpeg
Faded out image
No quote marks

>itsafake.gif

Voyager introduced so much technology that would break the Federation if they made any more TNG-era shows after Voyager's return

why is this mirrored

It really kind of sends a strange message how the greatest leap forward for the Federation was achieved by a crazy reckless bitch who broke every single rule and law Federation had, including both Prime Directives.

The actress playing Janeway said in an interview that she played her like she had bipolar disorder because that was the only way she could make sense of the terrible scripts she was given.

I get a real Flight of the navigator vibe from the armoured Voyager.

The Federation already studied Hugh, the Doctor was outdated Federation tech and future episodes always had warp 13.

It was one of the reasons Moore ended up remaking Battlestar Galactica to be grittier and full of consequences that carry over, along with problems having to do with finite resources.

Voyager always reset to status quo with no real consequences for bad or reckless decisions other than the occasional loss of a minor crewmember.

The core cast had more plot armor than Ash Williams.

They already said Warp 13 was only possible because they came up with a new system for measuring warp speed (instead of having Warp 9.9997, etc.), NOT because they broke the warp barrier.

Also Hugh wasn't in Federation custody and the Doctor exceeded his programming. It also never made sense that they would send his template to work in dilithium mines instead of, you know, upgrading.

They're just holograms after all.