Twin Peaks

youtube.com/watch?v=kinf5ApBjmg

Is anyone else hyped for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psQpJ3RMu5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, I'm sure every other millennial who discovered Twin Peaks on netflix after reading the upvotes about it on reddit is hyped for more cashing in.

No authentic Lynch fan is enabling this money grab. By being excited for this you're just as retarded as the plebbitors who watched Jurassic World, Mad Max Fury Road or Creed.

The nostalgia meme dollar is strong.

>I will buy le book and watch le show on Sup Forums because I am a member of the trendy twin peaks club. btw I am 20 years old and haven't seen Inland Empire.

Normally I would agree, but this book is by Mark Frost so it's really not a cash grab, even though the timing might make it seem like one. I'm willing to bet it will be considered right below The Missing Pieces in terms of TP lore.

Also:

>acting as though david lynch isn't one of the most well-known filmmakers of all-time and that only le true patricians know of him
>using inland empire as your example as if it's not a well-known movie

How's summer vacation going? I remember when I was first getting into film.

So like... what are you implying here exactly?

Once a piece of art is created it had a limited shelf life and nobody outside some designated time period can view it?

You can view it, but you will be an inauthentic poseur.

>reading the upvotes
>mfw

He wants to feel old even though he's only 22. But if he's as old as he claims (older than Millennials, so born before 1980) he should probably off himself for being on Sup Forums. Unless I just fell for bait, in which case I should.

>but this book is by Mark Frost so it's really not a cash grab,

>now irrelevent writer capitalizing on the brand name of his most successful work to make some quick cash while he still can
The very definition of a cash grab.

He literally co-wrote the new episodes of Twin Peaks, so it's not like he's doing nothing. Let's not pretend like the series was all Lynch's work. Frost was much better suited for making a television series. It wouldn't have worked without him.

The entire enterprise of continuing twin peaks is a cash grab.
Lynch is cash grabbing, Frost is cash grabbing. All because some Jews in suits saw the viewing figures for twin peaks on netflix and then realize that there were potential millennial reddit dollars on the table prime for the taking.

Lynch hasn't done jack shit for a decade, so the new series must be a cash grab, as well.

>so the new series must be a cash grab, as well.
Now you're getting it.

>Cultivate self as twitter meme persona and get a reddit following for being le quirky man (Herzogging)
>revisit old property that is now reddit trendy to make bank

I legitimately don't think it's possible to be more autistic than you. All of your posts are about le millennial boogeyman but if you're over 35 years old and still calling things "reddit" and talking about Hollywood Jews, then you literally shouldn't be criticizing anything because your life has slipped away from you.

Yes, reddit. Play the autism card if that helps you feel better about lapping up reheated meme auteur trash. Lynch's career ended with Inland Empire. Everything since is selling out to the meme machine.

>cash grab

Sup Forums please leave

P hyped. When the book comes out I'll try and dissect as much as I can. Might make a thread with notable excerpts. I honestly can't wait for the live threads.

It's Sup Forums to be interested in new twin peaks.

It's Sup Forums to think that the original Twin Peaks (tv) was anything above low tier Lynch.

Just found this. Mark Frost reading from the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=psQpJ3RMu5s

Beyond Life and Death is the best thing Lynch has ever done.

The new Twin Peaks threads will probably be the best threads on Sup Forums since Mad Men ended desu.

I'd be excited for anything that has Ray Wise in every episode. The fact that it's Twin Peaks only makes it better.

Meant for

Mad Men threads were the closest this board came to the reddit sensibility AV club comments circle jerk.

You're probably right that Twin Peaks will recapture that. Wrong that it's a positive thing.

No

Yes, your shitposting and apparent love for the alternative (capeshit and threads about preteen girls) are much better.

>capeshit
>nu-Twin Peaks

All part of the same "reddit" my unfriend. This is a board for battling against white cultural infantilization. And nostalgia reboots are just that.

Todd Solondz does it and it's fine.