ITT: we post shit reddit says

ITT: we post shit reddit says
>BvS was shit

Other urls found in this thread:

nyfcc.com/2013/06/movie-of-the-year-man-of-steel-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BvS was great

> guardians of the galaxy is a great film

>the oscars are so good and legitamate

>battle of the bastards is the beset war scene in history

memes aside i really don't understand the hate for this film, i mean it was average for capeshit.
there's no way you can convince me thor or amazing spiderman are significantly better than this movie.

>it's a good popcorn movie

I think the hate comes from how badly they fucked up such an easy and desperate concept.

its really not at all that bad, and snyder at least attempts to elevate superman beyond a cartoon character (this was a mistake, nerds are emotionally stunted), The third act is goofy, but the rest of the film is good. Man of steel was better.

most of the hate is derived from the petty nerd squabble over marvel vs DC, which is really embarrassing

'memes aside' already became a meme.
Say something else.

>Sup Forums is full of shitposting contrarian sociopaths

>Bane?

Literally this. While taking no side in that autistic war, it's true that Marvel flicks are literally destroying cinema as a concept, their bazinga tier quippery is infecting everything disney does and universal and fox are following too

They say both of these. The movie was shit

They say this They're right

They say this they're retarded

This is true though. It is full of shitposting contrarians.

Well, they're not wrong.

Dawn of piss jars

>spoilers

This.
I liked how DC took risks.
Marvel's just the same quipfest everytie I getting tired yo.

>confesses he's from r*ddit
>has r*ddit opinions so no one could doubt him

Time to go back

You're trying too hard.

The problem is that Snyder doesn't understand what makes a good film. He mimics the visuals of successful comics, and the tone of successful films without adding anything of his own, because when he does the outcome is very bad. Don't forget that his only acclaimed/financially successful film(300) was a direct page to screen remake with minimal creative work. Sucker Punch was a failure in every regard and Watchmen completely missed the mark (Snyder clearly didn't understand the source material which is reflected both in his glorifying of violence and the altered ending). Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman performed poorly for the same reason. Snyder does not direct "movies". He thinks in " panels". He films short, disconnected moments like comic book panels with high concept design, faux-dramatic dialogue, and pretentious music. He then connects these panels with boring filler. The panels never fit because they were conceived and executed separate from the whole, and the filler it's devoid of attention/artistry because Snyder only cares about the important panels. He simply doesn't know how to work in the medium of film.

Not listening to why people didn't like man of steel is not a risk but idiocy.

But Buffy vampire Slayer was greast show

These are all true.

those criticisms are specious as fuck, really they are. I could say the same thing about a hundred film makers. You havent actually pointed what doesnt work and why, and i suspect you're one of many people who have decided to hate on snyder but struggle to come up with legitimate reasons as to why hes allegedly a hack.

Man of steel is unironically a good film, and it will be one of those films that comes to be regarded as criminally underrated in the next decade, I would bet money on it.

based gay nigger tells you why: nyfcc.com/2013/06/movie-of-the-year-man-of-steel-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/

Most films of the Coen bros or Paul Thomas Anderson perform poorly in the box office and they are great directors. The most intelectual you make a movie, the less money it will get. People don't like to think on their leisure time, and it's understandable.

>starts topic thread regarding "shit reddit says"
>proceeds to post shit everyone says

> only financially successful film (300)

are you schizophrenic?

BvS was a massive financial success.

>ramsay bolton got what he deserved

Correct!

There's no need to ague about it any further.

DC "took risks" and they did not pay off, neither creatively or financially.

Don't you know? According to the numale accounting, if the numale didn't like the movie, it needs 400 billions the first weekend to BREAK EVEN.

The fact the bluray is selling like crazy is to be dismissed too, of course

>thinks Man Of Steel is Iron Man 2, the movie that set up The Avengers and sealed Marvel's dominance

I don't think he means that, everybody remembers Man of Steel and no one remembers Iron Man 2. Fuck I think I can't say which bad guy was in each Iron Man flick lmao

>Birdman was great
>The Revenant was fantastic, just look at that cinematography!
>Synecdoche, New York is amazing
>There Will Be Blood is fantastic
>Conan the Barbarian was dumb
>Sicario wasn't that good
>Nic Cage sucks
>It Follows and The Babadook were the best horror movies in the past 20 years
>Deadpool was so funny
>who's Armond White? Why are you listening to what this nigger has to say?
>Game of Thrones is the most cinematic television show ever
>what's Oz? Is that that show about the Wizard of Oz?

Reddit BTFO

>Iron Man 2 = 623 million US
>Man Of Steel = 670 million

>Iron Man 3 = 1.2 billion
>Batman v Superman (a sequel they had to put Batman in to get people to care) = 872 million

I'm under no illusions that nerds would ever stop investing themselves in a childish slapfight over brand recognition, so no I dont think that

what I do think is that MoS carries on the legacy of nolan's batman films in trying to elevate the characters beyond cartoons that fly around and punch things and make quips, and attempts to introduce thematic ideals and emotional context that normal humans can invest in (i.e not emotionally stunted nerds)

the thing was shat on by critics when it was released, 10 years later it was regarded as a masterpiece and still is to this day. I'm not in any way suggesting MoS is a masterpiece (its not), but I am suggesting popular and critical opinion on it will change dramatically once nerds have died from AIDS - uh i mean this lame comic book movie arms race is over

It was shit though. The title fight of the film lasted less than 3 minutes.

It was shit. Stop trying to push your edgy opinion.

I can't remember who were the badguys that fought along with Zod too.

>Comparing MOS to Nolan's Batman
Only good film from that trilogy was Batman Begins, the rest was a forgetable mess with dumb moments like "NO MORE DED COPS" and a political message from the perception of a twelve years old.
Don't compare MOS with that.

There's no need to hide behind cynical lambasting of the "nerds" invested in these flicks.

MoS is not The Thing, and was forgotten by the time BvS came out. This is not based on critical opinion, but the fact that the movie had no focus other than establishing a competitive universe in order to compete with the MCU.

The scene with Diana watching the videos of Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg are clear proof that DC didn't know what the fuck it was doing with regards to expanding the DCEU.

>MoS is not The Thing, and was forgotten by the time BvS came out.
This is sadly true. No one at my theatre knew who the fuck was Zod or what happened in the Battle of Metropolis.

>BvS makes sense

This is accurate and user will deny it because they are underage and should be b&

Subtle

> Le BvS was good meme

Thread

>meme
You need to go back

t. Asshurt about opinions

>this movie was pure kino

>people who have a different opinion than me are reddit

The movie sucked ass.

When will capeshit die? Hopefully soon so plebs well fuck off out of this board.

Haha your right that is something reddit would say!

liked it much more than any of avengers movies
i have no clue why the hate, but then again i dont keep up with the capeshit news and whats trending in cinema now